RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

North Carolina St (10) @ Louisville (3) - 2/28/19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/19 1:36 pm    ::: North Carolina St (10) @ Louisville (3) - 2/28/19 Reply Reply with quote

SENIOR NIGHT (pregame ceremony)
Louisville, KY - 7:00 PM ET

TV: None

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3480355&_slug_=12-nc-state-vs-2-louisville&rb=true (ACCNE)

Audio:
http://www.gocards.com/watch/?Live=2815&type=Live (sub)

Live stats:
https://www.gocards.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/28/19 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well we start off with a total homer foul call against NCSt's most important player.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 02/28/19 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see Walz doesn't subscribe to the "Oh dear, our last home game is vs a Top 10 team, I better change the Senior Night celebration to an easier foe" style of another ACC coach.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/28/19 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Good to see Walz doesn't subscribe to the "Oh dear, our last home game is vs a Top 10 team, I better change the Senior Night celebration to an easier foe" style of another ACC coach.

So, cthskzfn must have created a second user name. Better for pointless trolling that way, I guess.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/28/19 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NC State is clearly a Top 10 team and deserve to host the first two rounds.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Was that sarcasm?

Nobody's noticing that Durr is scoring 47 pts?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 02/28/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Was that sarcasm?

Nobody's noticing that Durr is scoring 47 pts?

Practicing for when someone other than "Mugger" Ogunbowale wins POY.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/28/19 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

So, cthskzfn must have created a second user name. Better for pointless trolling that way, I guess.

huskie has been around for a very long time.

- Amanda Gorman
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 02/28/19 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

huskie has been around for a very long time.

When the painful message is unassailable, many feebly attack the messenger.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/01/19 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Isn't Senior Night always the final home game of the season? Are you saying Notre Dame has control of their ACC conference schedule?

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/01/19 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

HAAAA. You accusing anyone of trolling is always good for a laugh. You troll every team, player, and poster not associated with ND any chance you get. So, hello pot, meet kettle.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/01/19 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Isn't Senior Night always the final home game of the season? Are you saying Notre Dame has control of their ACC conference schedule?

Not always. It isn't like it's a law or anything. Just like it used to be that the festivities would be done prior to the game, some teams will now do them after the game to avoid the potential of emotions getting in the way of starting the game strong.

During the Mizzou/'Bama game last night it was mentioned that 'Bama had held Senior Night on the weekend to make it easier for family members to attend.

Some people forget that a coach's job is to do the best for the players and the school. All they want to do is criticize a coach for an innovative idea that will produce the best results possible simply because their coach didn't think of it. And if that idea involves changing a traditionally emotional day vs a top opponent to a lesser opponent, it really doesn't matter what they think or want to continually bring up to bitch about. It isn't their team, it isn't their coach, it isn't their record, it isn't their concern, it isn't their anything.

Some people just want to try and ignite a fire where one isn't needed. It's really kind of sad.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
linkster

PostPosted: 03/01/19 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess we all now live in Peeksville, Ohio...... where only happy thoughts are allowed.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/01/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With last night's performance, Asia Durr set an Atlantic Coast Conference by making 11 three-point baskets in a game. She also set a career high with 17 attempts.

Her 47 points tied her school record (which she set against Ohio State, I believe).

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401092126

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/01/19 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Not always. It isn't like it's a law or anything. Just like it used to be that the festivities would be done prior to the game, some teams will now do them after the game to avoid the potential of emotions getting in the way of starting the game strong.

During the Mizzou/'Bama game last night it was mentioned that 'Bama had held Senior Night on the weekend to make it easier for family members to attend.

Some people forget that a coach's job is to do the best for the players and the school. All they want to do is criticize a coach for an innovative idea that will produce the best results possible simply because their coach didn't think of it. And if that idea involves changing a traditionally emotional day vs a top opponent to a lesser opponent, it really doesn't matter what they think or want to continually bring up to bitch about. It isn't their team, it isn't their coach, it isn't their record, it isn't their concern, it isn't their anything.

Some people just want to try and ignite a fire where one isn't needed. It's really kind of sad.
Conferences that have more than 10 teams like the ACC, B1G, SEC, etc are always going to have unbalanced schedules unless they add more games or get rid of non conference games. Some years some team will have front loaded schedules ( UNC )or back loaded (NC. State). Some years a team will have to play some of the top teams twice and other years they will play some of the bottom dwellers twice.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/01/19 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder how the other 4 starters felt watching in a blowout? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: