RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Games: Week of 2/24 - 3/2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mred

PostPosted: 02/28/19 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Are you mred of the bracket generator? If so, thank you so much! I’ve used it many times.

Yep! It started out years ago as an excel spreadsheet to help me figure out Big 12 wbb seedings and morphed over time into a MBB and WBB website for almost all Div I conferences. I hope to add the few remaining next year.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/28/19 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the half, Tenn, trying to impress the selection committee, leads Vandi, 1-13 in the SEC, by 2 points at the half 27-25.

Another first to 50? Actually I expect the LV's to pull away as Westbrook sat over 10 mins with 2 fouls.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/28/19 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After 3 it's Vandi 47- 46.

How in hell did the LV's beat Texas in Austin?

tfan

PostPosted: 02/28/19 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vanderbilt has never won in Knoxville.

Edit: Till 2/28/2019

Last edited by tfan on 02/28/19 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/28/19 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

partially because Texas is not very good. But also there is the good LVs and the bad LVs. Lately the bad LVs seem to have the way of it. But a few times we saw the good LVs this year. I guess they've totally lost all heart for whatever reason we may never know.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/28/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:

partially because Texas is not very good. But also there is the good LVs and the bad LVs. Lately the bad LVs seem to have the way of it. But a few times we saw the good LVs this year. I guess they've totally lost all heart for whatever reason we may never know.

Texas may have even worse coaching than Tennessee.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/28/19 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vandi hit the ft's late to win.

The star was Fasoula, who had 19/9 and used an antihook "scoop shot" that Tenn had no answer for.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/28/19 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

44 points (@80% Shocked ), 8 assists, 5 boards.

http://www.espn.com.au/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401092125

'Cuse 94 FSU 88

PostPosted: 02/28/19 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched most of the Wisconsin-Ohio State game. I sure hope Wisconsin can get their program going again soon. Ohio State ruined UW's senior night and won this one.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/28/19 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Stephanie White just save her job for another year?

Does anyone actually think Tennessee deserves to be in the NCAA?

Howee

PostPosted: 02/28/19 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
I watched most of the Wisconsin-Ohio State game. I sure hope Wisconsin can get their program going again soon. Ohio State ruined UW's senior night and won this one.

Whatever happened to Jolene Anderson? She's the last 'name' I remember coming out of WI, though I haven't followed them that closely. Any more, it's so incredibly tough to build a rising team in any conference, especially a P5 conference. Just in the Big Ten, the Hoosiers have had a great couple of seasons, though they didn't set the league on fire, they certainly made great strides from where they had been. The MI schools have been contenders, and of course, MD too. OH-State seemed to have some mojo going, back in the Lavender/Prehalis days, and then....poof! Couple of good season with Kelsey, and it's gone.

The TN/Vandy debacle tonight illustrates the way it's an inevitable cycle in all powerhouses. TN hung on longer than many, but it will never be the same for them again. Vanderbilt has also declined steadily, while the Mississippi States and South Carolinas have surged. Baylor wasn't all that years ago, while TX and OK were. TX-Tech played for a NC almost 30 years ago....not the same any more.

<sigh!> Old Dominion. LaTech. Wayland Baptist. Check back when your grandkids are watching March Madness in 2030. Enjoy the ride we're on, now.....power and its accompanying fame are fleeting.

Last edited by Howee on 02/28/19 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/28/19 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

As far as Tennessee goes, my question is does anyone actually think they'll leave them out of the NCAA Tournament? Whether they deserve to be in there or not, I get the feeling they'll make it partly due to their 'name recognition'.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/28/19 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Whatever happened to Jolene Anderson? She's the last 'name' I remember coming out of WI, though I haven't followed them that closely. Any more, it's so incredibly tough to build a rising team in any conference, especially a P5 conference. Just in the Big Ten, the Hoosiers have had a great couple of seasons, though they didn't set the league on fire, they certainly made great strides from where they had been. The MI schools have been contenders, and of course, MD too. OH-State seemed to have some mojo going, back in the Lavender/Prehalis days, and then....poof! Couple of good season with Kelsey, and it's gone.

The TN/Vandy debacle tonight proves it's an inevitable cycle in all powerhouses. TN hung on longer than many, but it will never be the same for them again. Vanderbilt has also declined steadily, while the Mississippi States and South Carolinas have surged. Baylor wasn't all that years ago, while TX and OK were. TX-Tech played for a NC almost 30 years ago....not the same any more.

<sigh!> Old Dominion. LaTech. Wayland Baptist. Check back when your grandkids are watching March Madness in 2030. Enjoy the ride we're on, now.....power and its accompanying fame are fleeting.

Yeah I was struck tonight by how few names I recognized on the UW roster. MU and UW didn't play this season but have played the last 3 years and one of their seniors' names didn't even sound familiar to me. The thing with UW is that UWGB and Marquette have done fairly well the last few years with a number of talented players from Wisconsin and UW continues to flounder. UWGB is usually mostly players from Wisconsin. And of Marquette's 5 seniors who all have 1300+ career points, 3 are from the state of Wisconsin. So it's not as if UW couldn't be getting some of the in state talent also.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/28/19 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

As far as Tennessee goes, my question is does anyone actually think they'll leave them out of the NCAA Tournament? Whether they deserve to be in there or not, I get the feeling they'll make it partly due to their 'name recognition'.

I think they will make the tournament too, but that's a pretty different question.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/01/19 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I think they will make the tournament too, but that's a pretty different question.

Yeah I don't think they deserve to go but I don't for a minute believe that the committee will leave them out.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/01/19 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The UCLA-Utah game is interesting for seeding in the P12 tourney. And a good announcer too.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/01/19 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal leads 37-35 at the half. Anigwe consistently double teamed and has been held to 8 points and 8 rebounds in the half.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/02/19 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The UCLA-Utah game is interesting for seeding in the P12 tourney. And a good announcer too.

UCLA got the win over the Utes. On Sunday they can wrap up a P12 Tournament 4-seed (and a 1st round bye) with either a UCLA win (against Colorado) or an ASU loss (to Oregon).

pilight

PostPosted: 03/02/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercer tops Wofford 65-59 to complete a second straight undefeated SoCon season

PostPosted: 03/02/19 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonzaga is trailing Loyola Marymount 32-25 at the half. If Gonzaga doesn't come back they will be the 2 seed in the WCC tourney.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 03/03/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oops wrong post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: