RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Trump, Kim Abruptly End Summit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/28/19 2:07 am    ::: BREAKING NEWS: Trump, Kim Abruptly End Summit Reply Reply with quote

Trump and Kim abruptly cut short summit after failing to reach nuclear deal

Washington Post

By Philip Rucker ,
David Nakamura and
Simon Denyer

February 28 at 1:45 AM

HANOI — President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un abruptly cut short their second day of meetings at a summit here Thursday after the two leaders failed to reach an agreement to dismantle that country’s nuclear weapons.

Although Kim said he was ready in principle to denuclearize, he and Trump ended their meetings without sitting for a planned lunch and without participating in a joint signing ceremony.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-and-kim-downplay-expectations-as-key-summit-talks-begin/2019/02/28/d77d752c-3ac5-11e9-aaae-69364b2ed137_story.html?utm_term=.a37d4bcae777

PostPosted: 02/28/19 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the number of times Trump said something like "we're taking it slow" the day before, it didn't seem like anything meaningful was going to come out of this "summit". But they had a "signing" last time that seemed to just be for show and I guess this one was actually expected to be meaningful, else it doesn't make sense to cancel it.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 02/28/19 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yet another stinker from Mr. The Fart of the Deal.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/28/19 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no doubt mr. tripe was in a foul mood about events back home, and c'mon - did we really expect anything to come of this? it was a fake summit, and the plan was to come home with fake words about fake progress and fake victory. but mr. tripe's little pea brain was consumed by the cohen testimony, there was no hope of anything good after that, and even he can't fake this shit.

PostPosted: 02/28/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I kinda don't agree with much of this. Except that abruptly ending this summit is without a doubt bad and that Trump would have been sorely distracted by events back here. BUT, in all honesty, that IS why, in the past, there was a mindset and efforts and maybe barriers to legally going after presidents while in office and ESPECIALLY when a president is overseas. Just think of it this way. If a nuclear NK eventually uses those weapons and we engage them and if there was a CHANCE, which we all know to be more than a chance, that Trump was outraged or distracted by shit going on about Stormy Daniels and his own scumbag fixer... from possibly making some more headway with Kim. Jeez.

Because here is where I disagree (if that wasn't enough for you.) I think until the last two years, there has been two ways of dealing with the North Korean situation. Blow them the fuck up or keep the toxic status quo. We've seen something else now. A softening of relations. Something that looks like an ending of the hostilities between the north and south. And no new testing at least as far was we know. And understand, those tests, every one of them, sloppily carried out by a cash poor country, were extremely destructive to the environment and health of this planet and everyone living on it.

So there did come to pass this third way in the North Korean crisis this country had been facing. And it was and has been better than the other two ways. Progress happens slow. With some of these cultures around the world enmity has a permanence that is very hard to overcome. And we all live in an instant gratification world now. It's like taking your retirement money out of the market and putting it into cash or bonds. You miss the sugar high. You want to see things happening.

I think that incremental progress in North Korea is the only progress we're ever going to get. 25 years down the road we can judge how things have gone. But till then you have to judge how things are going and things are going better. None of this is meant as a defense of Trump but I honestly think that so many people are now triggered by Trump, and I hate to use that term, but triggered is what people are when it comes to Trump, that they can't see straight and honestly don't care.

People are following the likes of Alyssa Milano down the bunny hole of irrationality.

PostPosted: 02/28/19 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's almost like this "summit" was a bad idea.

If only there had been some clue ...

stever

PostPosted: 02/28/19 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6jqWBQY6aRk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/19 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notice Trump said he could have made a deal if he wanted to get done quick, but he didn’t want to do it that way. He wanted to do it right.

But when it comes to THE WALL, he decides to declare a national emergency, not because he had to. He wanted to get it done quick instead of doing it right through the proper channels.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: