RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

P12 2-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boley's the only one hitting threes and Yeager and Chavez are basically negatives when they're on the floor.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon led 40-18 and have allowed UCLA to go on a 41-18 run. Talk about a lack.of focus. UCLA up 68-64 with 2 mins to go!

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, Oregon manages to give it away. Some pretty stupido plays down the stretch. Perhaps they are giving up their #1 seed.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA pulls the upset. Ionescu fouls out in frustration walks off the court with 12 secs to go headed to the lockeroom alone. Not a good sign for a player looking to comeback for another season. Completely walked off and left her team behind to finish the game themselves.

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cory Close haters might have to eat their words. The rejuvenation of the Bruins for the conference season and their resilience today shows a coach that is doing something right.

UCLA 74 Oregon 69

Howee

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, dang-eroo! Shocked

Credit the Bruins--did NOT give up, and it paid off. Yeah, Ruthy was missed, but it was way more than that....there was a PALPABLE change in energy/teamwork/you-name-it in that second half. Oregon is not gonna last long in April, if they don't develop a way to counter these *shifts*. Consistency for 40 minutes is lacking.

These kinds of setbacks, this time of year, either make or break a team's destiny: you either give up, or you dig in and get better from it all.

PostPosted: 02/23/19 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So you mean, there’s a chance there’s a three way tie for first?

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/23/19 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Cory Close haters might have to eat their words. The rejuvenation of the Bruins for the conference season and their resilience today shows a coach that is doing something right.

UCLA 74 Oregon 69

I wouldn't call myself a Close hater, but would certainly call myself a doubter. She has recruited really good players and has at least done more with them than Gottlieb [little dig] but not as good as I would expect. Onyenwere is definitely a real player and I've always liked Burke. I don't think this is a team that 'ought' to have 10 losses, but still this year was billed as a rebuilding year (even with three seniors starting) and they are somewhat size limited. They are peaking at the right time and seem to have a real fighting attitude.

- Amanda Gorman
LitePal

PostPosted: 02/23/19 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was also a doubter but Close seems to be doing much better work without Canada. Almost as if she allowed Canada to do whatever she wanted. Close is now coaching a team and it shows. Very nice job in many games this season with what was considered a diminished lineup.

And did you see Ionescu push her teammate before she stormed off the court? If she's drafted by Las vegas, she'd better get used to losing.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/23/19 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Massey projected an 85-68 win for Oregon, and gave UCLA a 5% chance of getting the win.

I'm a happy Bruin fan tonight.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 02/23/19 3:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

UCLA 74 Oregon 69

I wouldn't call myself a Close hater, but would certainly call myself a doubter. She has recruited really good players and has at least done more with them than Gottlieb [little dig] but not as good as I would expect. Onyenwere is definitely a real player and I've always liked Burke. I don't think this is a team that 'ought' to have 10 losses, but still this year was billed as a rebuilding year (even with three seniors starting) and they are somewhat size limited. They are peaking at the right time and seem to have a real fighting attitude.

The reason this team won tonight was because they have 10 losses. All the members of this team were in new roles and had to find their way as a new team without Billings, Canada and Hayes. There were some painful losses including that season opener versus LMU, but because of the strong nonconference, this team got better and perservered and focused on their strengths which are rebounding and defense. They're not a great shooting team and they like size in the post, but they're strong and athletic. It took a while for this team to gel and gain confidence and that comes with time playing together, which we're now seeing.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/23/19 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
UCLA pulls the upset. Ionescu fouls out in frustration walks off the court with 12 secs to go headed to the lockeroom alone. Not a good sign for a player looking to comeback for another season. Completely walked off and left her team behind to finish the game themselves.

That's also not a good look if she's looking to be the #1 draft pick. Attitude, attitude, attitude!!!!!!

I wanted to watch this game but an 11:00 PM start time and a REALLY long week at work, just didn't allow for it. I saw the preview of the local news, but didn't see the news! It sucks getting old!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/23/19 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just now checking the score and all i can say is I'm stunned. I watched the OSU game then the end of ASU. Saw the halftime score of this one and blew it off. Wow. Hope i can catch an encore airing. I'm especially interested in the golden girl's mickey mouse exit. Pretty lame. Laughing

This should get ND back to #1 and in Chicagoland, yes, and end the bitching.

PostPosted: 02/23/19 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

That's also not a good look if she's looking to be the #1 draft pick. Attitude, attitude, attitude!!!!!!

I wanted to watch this game but an 11:00 PM start time and a REALLY long week at work, just didn't allow for it. I saw the preview of the local news, but didn't see the news! It sucks getting old!

regardless of who has the #1 pick(Vegas, Dallas, someone else), coaches like Laimbeer, Agler, etc. won't put up with a diva attitude from a rookie.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/23/19 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Truncated encore on now.

This is gonna be great- i assume Mare will scream about how amazing the Ducks are, even down their incredible inside presence, blah blah blah. Oops, Bruins ruined the plot.

Then the narrative will change to how great the PAC12 is, blah blah blah. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/23/19 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

does Oregon remain a #1 seed?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LitePal

PostPosted: 02/23/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon was only down by 3 when Ionescu pulled her Big Baby act. She didn't pull her team together for some advice before she left or stay on the bench to cheer everyone on the way a leader should but just stomped off to the locker room and threw her water bottle on the ground. There was weird chemistry out there.

In the end, I think USC will be the unlucky team they will take it out on. USC already lost by 40 to them previously.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/23/19 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Oregon was only down by 3 when Ionescu pulled her Big Baby act. She didn't pull her team together for some advice before she left or stay on the bench to cheer everyone on the way a leader should but just stomped off to the locker room and threw her water bottle on the ground. There was weird chemistry out there.

In the end, I think USC will be the unlucky team they will take it out on. USC already lost by 40 to them previously.

WOAH! Since Ionescu is the darling of WCBB this year, I'm sure this will be "how competitive she is" to her apologists and the media. I just can't see another player doing this.

Her teammates must be pissed. It's certainly not a good look to WNBA GM's

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d like to see a video to judge for myself. Two different people can interpret an event two different ways.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

No, not if the season were to end today. They were up 22 on their home court to a team they had previously beaten by 20.

This loss had nothing to do with Hebard being out.

This is a much worse loss than ND's 5 point loss to NC on NC's court.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
LitePal wrote:

WOAH! Since Ionescu is the darling of WCBB this year, I'm sure this will be "how competitive she is" to her apologists and the media. I just can't see another player doing this.

Her teammates must be pissed. It's certainly not a good look to WNBA GM's

I must be the only person that isn't that impressed by her. She's good, but I never thought that she was THAT good. I admit that I haven't seen her play a lot so that could be why. Maybe I just never see her when she's outstanding.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
regardless of who has the #1 pick(Vegas, Dallas, someone else), coaches like Laimbeer, Agler, etc. won't put up with a diva attitude from a rookie.

Not exactly sure why everybody is convinced Sabrina's determined to enter the draft. That's a lotta hype she herself hasn't generated. I really doubt she will....but, who knows? Anything's possible.

cthskzfn wrote:
This is gonna be great- i assume Mare will scream about how amazing the Ducks are, even down their incredible inside presence, blah blah blah. Oops, Bruins ruined the plot.

Then the narrative will change to how great the PAC12 is, blah blah blah. Laughing

Laughing I feared that same thing too, when I heard Mare on the mic. But surprisingly, I thought she was totally bearable throughout the game.

ucbart wrote:
I just can't see another player doing this.

Apparently you just missed last week's Chennedy Carter debacle. Razz
Of course, she was ejected. Sabrina self-ejected. To me, dissing her teammates was secondary to the ungraciousness of not facing the Bruins in the handshake line. Not cool.

Last edited by Howee on 02/23/19 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cryinescu walking out of huddle:

https://www.registerguard.com/storyimage/CK/20190223/SPORTS/302239999/EP/1/7/EP-302239999.jpg?Q=75&maxW=1920&maxH=1920

https://www.registerguard.com/storyimage/CK/20190223/SPORTS/302239999/AR/0/AR-302239999.jpg?Q=75&maxW=1920&maxH=1920
LitePal

PostPosted: 02/23/19 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu did return for the handshake line. Good for her.

As for jumping to the WNBA, after the injuries to Hebard and Zion Williamson, I can't imagine someone with the opportunity to make six figures or more in a calendar year would give that up for another year of college.

I guess the loss was too much for Ionescu to take. She didn't attend the post game presser. It was Graves and Erin Boley representing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbbGigODDPc

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/23/19 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
toad455 wrote:

No, not if the season were to end today. They were up 22 on their home court to a team they had previously beaten by 20.

This loss had nothing to do with Hebard being out.

I would disagree with that statement. And unless Oregon loses on out and if Hebard returns to play in the conference tourney, then I'm guessing they remain a #1. They could go to #2 but it will still be in Portland and if Hebard is back at full strength, I wouldn't want to be the #1 playing them there.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: