RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

CNN: Jussie Smollett PAID Two Brothers to STAGE The Assault
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/21/19 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So you’re thinking they’re done charging him? No additional charges pending or being considered? Eww. I don’t think so. This is IMO just something to get him in the building. I don’t know. We’ll see.

PostPosted: 02/21/19 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just want to say that the Nigerian Bros. lawyer? What a star. She hasn't uttered an off note since she's been on camera. I mean, you go from total obscurity to this? That's a winner.

PostPosted: 02/21/19 3:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
So you’re thinking they’re done charging him? No additional charges pending or being considered? Eww. I don’t think so. This is IMO just something to get him in the building. I don’t know. We’ll see.

What else can you charge him with (locally, that is. Mailing that stuff could have other implications due to the whole mail thing)? It's not against the law to perpetrate a hoax, unless it meets the very strict legal definition of fraud. If he accepted money from a GoFundMe or something, then sure, but I haven't heard anything of the sorts.

PostPosted: 02/21/19 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
He should just confess quickly and take his slap on the wrists.

Legally it will end up as a slap on the wrist. But I would hope his career prospects carry a bigger cost because he made a lot of people look stupid with this stupidity.
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/21/19 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="882" height="496" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CqPYi_c6Z7A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPYi_c6Z7A

PostPosted: 02/21/19 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vOM7gPN9fdM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOM7gPN9fdM

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/21/19 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/21/19 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brett Mahoney still stands by Smollett to this day and doggedly refuses to cut his character out of the show.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 02/21/19 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He was dissatisfied with his salary. That's what CPD is saying for the motive to mail the fake ricin letter to the studio. The letter didn't generate enough outrage, so he staged the attack.

So filing a false police report + the letter = multiple felonies. If this guy skates AND keeps his job, that's when the public is going to get REALLY pissed off.

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/21/19 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="644" height="362" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zUSnegQd-RQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUSnegQd-RQ

"Empire actor Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career."

PostPosted: 02/21/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I'm not sure we could add this to the thread title but ... here it is.

CNN: Jussie Smollett PAID Two Brothers to STAGE The Assault... WITH A CHECK!

https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/1098612096999116800

PostPosted: 02/21/19 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When do the full throated apologies from all those celebrities who couldn't wait to make a public statement of support with no reservations start?

And they'd better be without reservations at all or they are worthless.
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/21/19 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
When do the full throated apologies from all those celebrities who couldn't wait to make a public statement of support with no reservations start?

Apologize to whom? MAGA supporters?

PostPosted: 02/21/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jussie Smollett’s bond set at $100,000, judge calls charges ‘despicable’

Quote:
Actor Jussie Smollett’s bond was set at $100,000 at a court hearing Thursday afternoon, during which Cook County Circuit Court Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke also directed Smollett to surrender his passport.

During the hearing, Smollett took deep breaths, shook his head and kept his eyes closed. Lyke called the charges, if true, “despicable." Four members of Smollett’s family, including his three brothers, crowded the packed courtroom.

The actor, who was arrested after turning himself in Thursday morning, has been charged with felony disorderly conduct for allegedly filing a false police report. He faces up to three years in prison.

The next court hearing is March 14.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/jussie-smolletts-bond-set-at-dollar100000-judge-calls-charges-despicable/ar-BBTSr70?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 02/21/19 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last edited by Genero36 on 02/21/19 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/21/19 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/21/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

Apologize to whom? MAGA supporters?

How about to all the past and future REAL victims who are now going to stand less of a chance of being believed because of his bullshit actions.

That'd be the most minimal of right starts.
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/21/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
How about to all the past and future REAL victims who are now going to stand less of a chance of being believed because of his bullshit actions.

You're asking people who believed him like they would any other alleged victim to apologize for a crime they had nothing to do with.

Where in the hell is the logic in that request? You sound passive aggressive as can be.

PostPosted: 02/21/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

You're asking people who believed him like they would any other alleged victim to apologize for a crime they had nothing to do with.

Where in the hell is the logic in that request? You sound passive aggressive as can be.

Yeah, Jussie owes a ton to those people. The people who supported Jussie do not. They owe their continued support to the next actual victim that tragically will be along all too soon.

PostPosted: 02/21/19 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Yeah, Jussie owes a ton to those people. The people who supported Jussie do not. They owe their continued support to the next actual victim that tragically will be along all too soon.

Thank you Exclamation

PostPosted: 02/21/19 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="607" height="341" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RqwuQJcfNFY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/RqwuQJcfNFY

PostPosted: 02/21/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/21/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JUSSIE SMOLLETT
'I SWEAR TO GOD, I DID NOT DO THIS'
... PLEADS TO 'EMPIRE' CAST

Quote:
Jussie Smollett is begging his "Empire" family to believe he's innocent and continue supporting him -- even as the drama of his arrest postponed a scene Thursday in Chicago.

Sources on the "Empire" set tell us the cast and crew were waiting at least 30 minutes for Jussie to begin the scheduled scene. When he eventually showed his face he was very emotional, and surrounded by his family.

We're told he addressed everyone on set, saying ..."I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this.”

After that, he left the set. We're told it was obvious Jussie had been crying a lot, so producers said he would have to come back later. He did, and we're told he is currently shooting the scene.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/02/21/jussie-smollett-empire-cast-apology-leaves-set/

PostPosted: 02/22/19 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jussie Smollett Removed from Final Episodes ...
Cast Wanted Him Gone

Quote:
7:25 AM PT-- Fox just announced it's scratching Smollett from the end of the current season. The statement says, "The events of the past few weeks have been incredibly emotional for all of us. Jussie has been an important member of our EMPIRE family for the past five years and we care about him deeply. While these allegations are very disturbing, we are placing our trust in the legal system as the process plays out."

The statement continues, "We are also aware of the effects of this process on the cast and crew members who work on our show and to avoid further disruption on set, we have decided to remove the role of ‘Jamal’ from the final two episodes of the season.”

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/22/jussie-smollett-betrayed-empire-cast-fired-quit-liar-attack/

PostPosted: 02/22/19 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if it would have been different if he had told them he did it (that would off course require him to plead guilty with the police) and apologized.

I think keeping him would have helped ratings. But they should go up either way as Empire got some publicity out of this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: