RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What has Chiney Ogwumike done to . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/20/19 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glenn seems to have answered his own question. She is a talented athlete. She is also a very intelligent young woman with excellent name recognition. Additionally she is an excellent role model in a demographic that is underrepresented in sports broadcasting. I have a big problem with many athletes who are given jobs in sports broadcasting, but sports programmers seem to find a value in hiring them. I think Chiney does a reasonable job, better than many and getting better. There are better broadcasters, but for a long time I have heard complaints about nearly every broadcaster for various reasons. Why does ESPN use a male host for women's basketball? Why are there so few African-American women? How does Mary Murphy still have a job?

Be thankful that college women's basketball is being covered at all. Complaining about an announcer misses the point. And if you think she is too excitable, tell me what you think of Dick Vitale. Chiney is fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: