RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 02/12/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She has a motor and stays within herself. I mentioned at the beginning of the year that I was concerned about her shooting and I was hoping it was just a blip but unfortunately it wasn’t and even her free throw shooting has gone down which is usually an indication of a problem with shooting. She will have similar issues to Gabby but Gabby was much better at reading the defense and making quick decisions with her passes. Plus Gabby is more athletic.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/14/19 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
With Dallas no longer having a dominant low post presence, I would definitely select Collier over Samuelson. Collier is more versatile on offense, a better overall defender and a stronger rebounder. Collier can post, drive and shot the mid-range jump shot. Samuelson is just a shooter. I would've taken Samuelson over Collier had Cambage not demanded a trade because it made the most sense. Dallas needed a shooter to complement Cambage/Diggins...but at this point, Dallas needs to select the best available player, they need to increase their talent level.

That being said, Whoever Dallas gets in return for Cambage will ultimately play the biggest role in they select with the #5 pk...So it's really premature on my part to even come to the conclusion of Collier over Samuelson at #5.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/14/19 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
With Dallas no longer having a dominant low post presence, I would definitely select Collier over Samuelson. Collier is more versatile on offense, a better overall defender and a stronger rebounder. Collier can post, drive and shot the mid-range jump shot. Samuelson is just a shooter. I would've taken Samuelson over Collier had Cambage not demanded a trade because it made the most sense. Dallas needed a shooter to complement Cambage/Diggins...but at this point, Dallas needs to select the best available player, they need to increase their talent level.

That being said, Whoever Dallas gets in return for Cambage will ultimately play the biggest role in they select with the #5 pk...So it's really premature on my part to even come to the conclusion of Collier over Samuelson at #5.

You’re not buying Brown falling to #5, as Megdal has suggested?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 02/14/19 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

You’re not buying Brown falling to #5, as Megdal has suggested?

Yes...however, If Ionescu does not declare, and Dallas trades Cambage to LV for the #1 pk plus players...The Wings will/should draft McCowan with the first pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas staff
I was getting into the music.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1098326259950587911/pu/vid/720x720/jqtNOqtr_zjfiD9a.mp4

stever

PostPosted: 02/20/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Dallas staff
I was getting into the music.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1098326259950587911/pu/vid/720x720/jqtNOqtr_zjfiD9a.mp4

So Phillips is still there, despite evidently failing in her #1 job as Liz-whisperer. Maybe they haven't given up on Cambage yet.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/20/19 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I would give her the benefit of the doubt. If any other team hired her instead of Dallas I don't think it would be questioned that much.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/07/19 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Cambage has, so far, refused to consider any destination other than Los Angeles.

WNBA agent Allison Galer now representing Liz Cambage

PostPosted: 03/07/19 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:
Cambage has, so far, refused to consider any destination other than Los Angeles.

The plot thickens.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/19 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Quote:

The plot thickens.

So does that mortgage payment once she sits out.

PostPosted: 03/08/19 4:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Quote:

The plot thickens.

So does that mortgage payment once she sits out.

Laughing

Yeah mum and dad pls pay for my mortgage because i only want to play in Los Angeles Rolling Eyes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 03/08/19 4:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:

If Owguwike or Gray aren't included in the trade, Dallas should bow out. Letting the Sparks form a super team would hurt Dallas and the rest of the league for the next 4-6 years. It would also give LA more time to develop young talent, something Minnesota should've taken advantage of. The only way Dallas should trade Cambage without getting back Ogwumike/Gray is in a 3-way where they get a sufficient amount of talent from the facilitating team(Chicago, Las Vegas,Indiana,New York, ect...)......LA can keep Lavender.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/08/19 5:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can still see the Sparks giving up the #7 pick, their 2020 first round pick & Vadeeva for Cambage.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/08/19 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I can still see the Sparks giving up the #7 pick, their 2020 first round pick & Vadeeva for Cambage.

A 2020 pick that's going to be the last pick in the 1st round.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/08/19 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am sticking with Cambage for N. Ogwumike it makes sense for both teams with LA being the only true place Cambage is willing to go it probably knocks off the need to include the #7 pick. Sticking with my theory that Cambage is worth a little more than Nneka at this point but the uncertainty of Cambage combined with only one true landing spot hurts her trade value a little. Ogwumike is still a star and if combined with Diggins-Smith and the other up and coming pieces in Dallas the Wings will be competitive in 2020 and beyond for a few more season, maybe even better by getting away from the uncertainty and getting a player like Ogwumike who might want to prove something in a new destination. The Wings will simply have to find another source to solve their PG and C problem for this season they have the #5 pick and two second round picks to address thhose needs and Agler always seems able to pull someone unexpected out of the foreign market. LA should do it because otherwise they are bringing back last years 6th place team while losing their championship winning coach. Adding Cambage to Parker and Gray is a move LA kind of has to make if they want to make a splash in 19 with the new regime and stay relevant for the rest of Parker's career (The Ogwumike and Parker years have run their course). A future in Dallas built around Diggins-Smith, A. Gray, Stevens, the #5 pick, GloJo, Thorton and N. Ogwumike doesn't seem that bad to me.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/19 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They’re not going to trade Ogwumike. That’s like the Lynx trying to retire one of their old players before they decide they’re ready to retire. It’s sacrilege.

Plus Dallas would have the same problem repeated over and over again of creating a PF logjam for themselves. They cored GJohnson. Now would they have her coming off the bench? If they move her to starting SF (not ideal), then you have Thornton coming off the bench. If they move Ogwumike or Johnson to center, then they become the smallest starting five in the league. As a cored player, GJohnson supposedly has the power to reject a trade, which I imagine she would, especially to a team like Chicago.

This is where it would be handy for Chicago to step in as a third party. They can finally and definitively solve their PF problem and loosen up their own logjam at SF at the same time. Ogwumike goes to Chicago, and in return Dallas gets DeShields and #4. DeShields can start at SG. Nobody seems to care if AGray gets benched. If Ionescu comes out, then there’s a 2 out of 3 chance that one of the 6’7 players will be available at #4. With DeShields, #4, and #5 replacing Cambage, Dallas might not be a contender right away, but they’d be a young team plump with talent.... just like Agler likes it. Wink

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/19 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

A 2020 pick that's going to be the last pick in the 1st round.

Or a pick that might not even get used in 2020 with a lockout approaching . #Devalued

PostPosted: 03/08/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just can't see giving up any significant asset for Cambage, whose reliability, or unreliability, is a major issue.

Nneka will play pretty much every year, barring injury; Cambage, ?. And it would painful to lose a playoff series to a team with Nneka while Cambage is paying people to make her sandwiches in Australia.

Thought experiment: If both play professional basketball for the next eight years, how many years will Nneka play in the WNBA? How many will Cambage play?

PostPosted: 03/08/19 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
After a state of limbo, faith and a clear mind is fuelling Ruth Hamblin's potential WNBA return

https://ca.nba.com/news/after-a-state-of-limbo-faith-and-a-clear-mind-is-fuelling-ruth-hamblins-potential-wnba-opportunity/1e3rll8shchjk1atzis2mw92ss

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/19 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:
After a state of limbo, faith and a clear mind is fuelling Ruth Hamblin's potential WNBA return

https://ca.nba.com/news/after-a-state-of-limbo-faith-and-a-clear-mind-is-fuelling-ruth-hamblins-potential-wnba-opportunity/1e3rll8shchjk1atzis2mw92ss

Ruuuuuth !

PostPosted: 03/08/19 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am still sticking with my vision.

Yes GloJo can come off the bench, she came off the bench some last year. Thorton can back up Stevens at the 3 now Dallas has a large combo at SF and still play some 4. Ogwumike played some center in LA she can do it in Dallas at least until they have someone bigger and better.

I am willing to bet Agler really likes Nneka and that Nneka might not be so unhappy to have change of scenery and possibly a larger role.

We will know eventually either way but this has been my idea of what will happen since day 1 and it just makes sense (to me anyway).

Nneka and Cambage I believe are a year apart age wise. I could see Liz showing up at least a couple of season in LA if not more.

The Parker/Ogwumike years are done IMO, if LA wants to be relevant they need to switch things up a Parker and Cambage front court with Gray at the PG is a championship contending team for the next few years and makes trading Ogwumike a risk they should be willing to take.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/08/19 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Yes GloJo can come off the bench, she came off the bench some last year. Thorton can back up Stevens at the 3 now Dallas has a large combo at SF and still play some 4. Ogwumike played some center in LA she can do it in Dallas at least until they have someone bigger and better.

I am willing to bet Agler really likes Nneka and that Nneka might not be so unhappy to have change of scenery and possibly a larger role.

We will know eventually either way but this has been my idea of what will happen since day 1 and it just makes sense (to me anyway).

Nneka and Cambage I believe are a year apart age wise. I could see Liz showing up at least a couple of season in LA if not more.

The Parker/Ogwumike years are done IMO, if LA wants to be relevant they need to switch things up a Parker and Cambage front court with Gray at the PG is a championship contending team for the next few years and makes trading Ogwumike a risk they should be willing to take.

Whoever gets Liz (even LA) should demand she posts bail of say $1 million if she doesn't show up for every season in her contract. Razz If she would do that, then a trade for Nneka seems pretty good.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/08/19 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Whoever gets Liz (even LA) should demand she posts bail of say $1 million if she doesn't show up for every season in her contract. Razz If she would do that, then a trade for Nneka seems pretty good.

They should, I agree

but another hard truth is they will both probably decline after the next few seasons anyway, so Liz needs to show up for the next 3 seasons for what LA needs, and after that the loss of Ogwumike won't hurt as much. Cambage is basically the answer to how does LA win a ship before Parker fades or retires?.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/08/19 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Liz opts to play overseas next winter, does she show up with the Olympics? I'd assume she'd insist on getting a break.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/19 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage is an equal-opportunity whiner. Wasn’t it the last article where she was pointing out how much they sacrifice for the national team and they don’t take care of the players. I assume she means financially, but who knows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 22 of 44

Jump to: