RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

(2) Oregon @ (12) Oregon State - 2/18/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Win?
Oregon
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Oregon State
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Oh silly me, why would I think you would be attacking other posters Laughing Laughing

Ummm, cuz yer a snipey, passive aggressive little troll, maybe? Feel free to show me one quote of mine on this thread where I've "attacked" any poster. I've refuted their opinions and claims, but that's not attacking, darling. That's "discussion". You'll learn it, one day. Razz

Hey, I appreciate your discussion. And I must admit, calling me Cardi caused me to chuckle a bit Laughing

tfan

PostPosted: 02/19/19 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
There's a lot of shit on this board and that is not made up. But the shit can't stand not being in the top 4 and has to do gymnastics to make themselves feel better and attack others who don't agree with them. Just another day in the office. Laughing Laughing

To paraphrase someone you admire - STFU you Stanford-rooting SoCal-living humorless pompous ass.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Glen's description is accurate- as she's doing her little skip step, the ball many times is nearly/actually cupped in her hand. The advantage gained is immense.

Either she has ingeniously, subtly maximized an 'illegality' to her advantage, or EVERY ref that doesn't call it is stupid and inept: Which is it?? Now yer left with praising HER, or calling out the entire referee community. Rolling Eyes

cthskzfn wrote:
Your inability to conduct simple, clinical observation/analysis is obvious. Wink

And your inability to answer a simple binary question is obvious, too. Wink

Oh, I was to take your reductio ad absurdum seriously? Laughing

PostPosted: 02/19/19 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
So Charlie's latest still doesn't pay attn to the geographical thingie, which is puzzling since the committee has shown such a proclivity to do so.

Anyway he has:
Albany: UConn, ND
Chicago: Louisville, Stanford
Greensboro: Baylor, Miss St (this would at least make everybody happy about the meeting of the bigs)
Portland: Oregon, NC State

so IMO whatever else, whatever seed
UConn will be in Albany
ND will be in Chicago
Louisville, Maryland, SoCaro will be in Greensboro
Oregon, Gonzaga will be in Portland

Where do you put Baylor? Chicago?

I think it depends on which of ND and Louisville gets the #1.
Stanford and Miss St are flexible and will just be plugged in wherever. He still has NC State as a #2 but that is doubtful IMO so it will also depend a bit on that...

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 02/19/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Glen's description is accurate- as she's doing her little skip step, the ball many times is nearly/actually cupped in her hand. The advantage gained is immense.

Either she has ingeniously, subtly maximized an 'illegality' to her advantage, or EVERY ref that doesn't call it is stupid and inept: Which is it?? Now yer left with praising HER, or calling out the entire referee community. Rolling Eyes

cthskzfn wrote:
Your inability to conduct simple, clinical observation/analysis is obvious. Wink

And your inability to answer a simple binary question is obvious, too. Wink

Oh, I was to take your reductio ad absurdum seriously? Laughing

You can take it however you want, but you also don't offer any alternative perception, give how YOU'VE framed the "illegal" dribbling of hers. She's either brilliantly taken advantage of some loophole there, or the refs are ALL ineptly duped. Whatever else could it be?

(hint: it IS legal Wink )

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Hey, I appreciate your discussion. And I must admit, calling me Cardi caused me to chuckle a bit Laughing

But certainly, you don't see that as an 'attack', right? It's a term of endearment! Cool (never forget: I've long been a big Card fan!)

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
So Charlie's latest still doesn't pay attn to the geographical thingie, which is puzzling since the committee has shown such a proclivity to do so.

Anyway he has:
Greensboro: Baylor, Miss St (this would at least make everybody happy about the meeting of the bigs)

UConn will be in Albany
ND will be in Chicago

This is WCB. I doubt we'll see CT and ND in the same region, simply cuz TV wants that game to be in the FF, should it happen.

I'm nearly 100% sure ND will be in Chicago.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Anyway he has:

UConn will be in Albany
ND will be in Chicago

This is WCB. I doubt we'll see CT and ND in the same region, simply cuz TV wants that game to be in the FF, should it happen.

I'm nearly 100% sure ND will be in Chicago.

exactly my point. I think it's obvious to almost all fans everywhere...so why is Charlie doing this?

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/19/19 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nvm I too am in the wrong thread.

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/19/19 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assuming Hebard were uninjured, who on Oregon State would start on Oregon over Hebard, Ionescu, Sabally, Cazorla and Boley?
Shades

PostPosted: 02/19/19 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Assuming Hebard were uninjured, who on Oregon State would start on Oregon over Hebard, Ionescu, Sabally, Cazorla and Boley?

I’d replace Cazorla and Boley with Slocum and Pivec. This hypothetical assumes that everyone joins the team as a freshman.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
osubeavers

PostPosted: 02/19/19 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Pivec>Boley (easily).
Slocum>Cazorla (easily).

Last edited by osubeavers on 02/19/19 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
osubeavers

PostPosted: 02/19/19 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
lmao...how dare we present a critical analysis of Howee's golden goose? (duck) Laughing

And of course, such discourse makes us HATERS. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Kelsey Plum if anything was worse than Sabrina on palming the ball. But I don’t blame either of them. If the refs aren’t calling it why not maximize your advantage?

PostPosted: 02/20/19 2:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Howee wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I don’t think it’s hate, more so just being critical and actually acknowledging she has some flaws.

Ummm....where do you see/find claims she's "flawless"? Critiquing is good. But if yer gonna put her flaws under the microscope, then acknowledge her superiority in so many categories, too. Fair is far.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I think her showing with Team USA showed she’s not as pro-ready as some people are proclaiming. She’s good, but she’s not going to just come in and dominate the league.

Again....who has anointed her as a League Dominator? I don't think I've ever seen that here, at least. Her time on team USA was brief and limited--certainly not enough to determine her professional worth.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I think it’s good some are analyzing her personally, instead of just going along with the “general consensus.” A lot of times last night she just looked out of control. The Beaver defense played a huge part, but Sabrina was really forcing the issue.

Precisely correct. Analysis is good, which is why I offer a counterpoint to the "general consensus" HERE: She flops, she dribbles illegally, she's out of control, she's not that good, etc., ad nauseum. THAT, Cardi, does constitute 'hate' when it's so consistently coming from the fans of teams she beats....it's not just objective analysis.

Point. Counterpoint. And for the record, you'd be lying if you said you DIDN'T want her on your team. Razz

I think proclaiming her vastly “superior” to the rest of the field, and proclaiming how pro-ready she is does insinuate she’s going to be different than everyone else that she’s going to be some league dominator. In my mind, only a select few are truly “pro ready” (Breanna Stewart, Aja Wilson, etc.)

This same thing happened two years ago when several folks were claiming Kelsey Plum would be the “next” Becky Hammon for San Antonio. Currently, she’s just a nice complementary player. Am I calling Sabrina the next Kelsey Plum in terms of her performance at the next level? No, but I am saying it’s a bit premature to say she’s so pro-ready when history as shown that most guards aren’t as pro-ready as we think. I think Sabrina is a very good player, but I think it’s fair to point out how out of control she was.

Over In the draft thread, Sabrina has been compared to Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird and A'ja Wilson wasn't considered to be pro ready by some people either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: