RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Cambage back running, WNBA team future unclear
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 02/18/19 12:28 pm    ::: Cambage back running, WNBA team future unclear Reply Reply with quote

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/liz-cambage-back-running-ahead-of-wnba-but-team-future-remains-unclear-20190218-p50yjn.html

Quote:
On the WNBA front, Cambage admits her future is unclear as she requested a trade from the Dallas Wings.

The season starts in May and she wants to play in the US league again but will wait and watch what the Wings do after they sacked coach Fred Williams late last season and have since appointed long-time WNBA coach Brian Agler for this campaign.

The Wings' other major WNBA star Skylar Diggins-Smith is expected to miss the season as she is expecting a baby.

"I requested a trade and I'll see where it takes me," Cambage said.

When asked if she would play for the Wings if a trade doesn't happen, she said she hadn't thought about it.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/18/19 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"Right now my goal is to be on court [in the WNBA], I really want to do my all to get ready for another season.

"I'm out here chasing a [championship] ring and May is my goal right now."

Seems like it’s less about firing Fred Williams and more about “chasing a championship”. Doesn’t sound like she’s totally ruled out Dallas. It doesn’t sound at all like she wants to sit out. In general, just her usual “whateva” attitude.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 02/18/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would bet that Cambage knows whether or not she would play in Dallas in 2019. But it doesn't help her case if she says. If yes, trade talks ratchet down. If no, Dallas has a harder time moving her.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/18/19 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO Dallas is trying to ask for more than anyone is willing to give. Could be a gamble if they don't move her and she doesn't show up.

PostPosted: 02/18/19 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I am a GM, nothing in that interview makes me trust that she will be around to play year to year.

I continue to think any GM willing to give up a major player to get her is making a serious gamble.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/18/19 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
If I am a GM, nothing in that interview makes me trust that she will be around to play year to year.

There's literally nothing she could say to convince me of that. History is the most accurate predictor of future events.

PUmatty wrote:
I continue to think any GM willing to give up a major player to get her is making a serious gamble.

Which is why this trade is complicated. You're Dallas, you want equal value for a world-class center; you're a trade partner, you want to pay for a very good but unreliable player, who's played 3 years in 8 (and who might only be willing to play for a limited number of teams).

Although for what it's worth, I was surprised by how significant the offer(s) were that I've heard floating around. Also bear in mind that draft pick values change as coaches/GMs fall in love with certain players, and/or as players declare (or don't) for the draft. So the deal might not happen until right up around draft time when everyone knows the pool, if it happens at all.

PostPosted: 02/18/19 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As far as “history” goes, there are recently new factors in play. The AUS national team coach also coaches in the WNBA, and she encourages her players to participate in the WNBA. Plus, if Cambage does show up this season, that’d be the first time she’s played two seasons in a row. Might be a trend.

canadaball

PostPosted: 02/18/19 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

There's literally nothing she could say to convince me of that. History is the most accurate predictor of future events.

PUmatty wrote:

Which is why this trade is complicated. You're Dallas, you want equal value for a world-class center; you're a trade partner, you want to pay for a very good but unreliable player, who's played 3 years in 8 (and who might only be willing to play for a limited number of teams).

Although for what it's worth, I was surprised by how significant the offer(s) were that I've heard floating around. Also bear in mind that draft pick values change as coaches/GMs fall in love with certain players, and/or as players declare (or don't) for the draft. So the deal might not happen until right up around draft time when everyone knows the pool, if it happens at all.

Seems to me that "Mr. Bill" is in the catbird seat. He holds that top pick plus could offer anyone on the roster past Wilson and McBride. LV, like LA, is one of few locations that could offer Cam glitz and on court success, so they might hope to keep her interested long term. I look at LA's roster, and just don't see what might interest ex LA coach Agler (someone has posted that Neka, Parker, and Chelsea are not available). I guess the available LA talent includes Sims, and Lavender, but these two were downright awful (at least compared to prior seasons) playing for Brian last year, and, for all I know, may have hastened his departure.

I would add that, given the info in this article, we won't see any trade for some time. That achilles is still problematic, and any team trading for Cam would want to be assured about her health; plus the value of that #1 pick would be clearer (?Sabrina), closer to draft day.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is anyone else getting tired of Liz? Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Been there done that ....

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Auspionage Barbie

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Auspionage Barbie

Exactly.

Chip

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

CO-SIGN

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/19/19 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think we’re all sick of the will she or won’t she. If Dallas doesn’t get Gray or Ogwumike for her, I doubt they trade her.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Never!

PostPosted: 02/19/19 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Cambage doesn't get traded I would be very happy if she didn't show up. Liz would only hurt our chances of getting a lottery pick......And I certainly don't want a player on our roster who doesn't want to be part of our franchise. The “chasing a ring”.comment is just an excuse IMO.....With a top 5 draft pk in 2019, and possibly 2020, plus a proven Head Coach, Dallas would've been a legit Championship contender for 5-7 years.

Cambage is full of shyt. She just wants to play in the bright lights of LV or LA.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/19/19 11:36 am; edited 3 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/19/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If Cambage doesn't get traded I would be very happy if she didn't show up. Liz would only our chances of getting a lottery pick......And I certainly don 't want a player on our roster who doesn't want to be part of our franchise. The “chasing a ring”.comment is just an excuse IMO.....With a top 5 draft pk in 2019, and possibly 2020, plus a proven Head Coach, Dallas would've been a legit Championship contender for 5-7 years.

Cambage is full of shyt. She just wants to play in the bright lights of LV or LA.

Off with her head!

PostPosted: 02/19/19 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
If Cambage doesn't get traded I would be very happy if she didn't show up. Liz would only our chances of getting a lottery pick......And I certainly don 't want a player on our roster who doesn't want to be part of our franchise. The “chasing a ring”.comment is just an excuse IMO.....With a top 5 draft pk in 2019, and possibly 2020, plus a proven Head Coach, Dallas would've been a legit Championship contender for 5-7 years.

Off with her head!

+1

Shades

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If Cambage doesn't get traded I would be very happy if she didn't show up. Liz would only hurt our chances of getting a lottery pick.

Aw geez, here we go again. Another fan who’d rather get a lottery pick than show some heart. You’ve got enough young talent on the team. You just gotta start using it correctly, and that’s where Agler comes in.

zune69 wrote:
And I certainly don't want a player on our roster who doesn't want to be part of our franchise. The “chasing a ring” comment is just an excuse IMO.

It could be true. It was probably disappointing having the team do so poorly despite her having a good season. Somebody just has to convince her that Agler is a big upgrade over Williams and will make the difference. Maybe Agler called Cambage and she wasn’t inspired by his unenthused monotone delivery. Have Bibb or some Dallas teammates call Cambage to convince that Agler can truly make a difference. What happened to Phillips?

zune69 wrote:
With a top 5 draft pk in 2019, and possibly 2020, plus a proven Head Coach, Dallas would've been a legit Championship contender for 5-7 years.

You’re pretty convincing. Maybe you should call Cambage or hit her up on social media.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I liked the monotone delivery Shades, good one, good one Laughing

PostPosted: 02/19/19 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Aw geez, here we go again. Another fan who’d rather get a lottery pick than show some heart. You’ve got enough young talent on the team. You just gotta start using it correctly, and that’s where Agler comes in.

shades, you've been sitting in the "Catbird's Seat" for the last 8 seasons while I've been riding a rollercoaster to hell with the worst franchise in the WNBA....N.Rchardson, 40 yr old S.Swoopes, M.Jones, Kloppenburg, F.Williams, the Cambage drama........Don't talk to me about heart.

That being said, If Dallas gets a good package in return for Cambage, I think we will be very competitive.

Edit: I became a Shock/Wings fan in 2013 when they drafted S.Diggins...So Richardson, Swoopes and M.Jones were before my time....but I was still disgusted at the idea of the shock signing M.Jones and a 40 yr old S.Swoopes.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/19/19 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Don't talk to me about heart.

Idea

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/19/19 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whew zune took me down memory lane all.over again. Talk about a disaster. Didn't even mention The Latta Experiment along with the Zauhi craziness. Or the Zolman staff infection breakout plus the glory johnson reality madness. Alot of drama with our franchise and Alot of good players gone by the wayside smh. Praying brian can bring some discipline. If this year will be as underwhelming as expected i say clean house and get rid of whomever doesnt buy in.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69,

Awwwwwwwhhh, finally someone else feels the rage I've been expressing for weeks now concerning this over rated clown!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/19/19 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

OMG I'm so tired of everybody either suggesting
that the Wings/GM/HC/fans should be or actually are kissing Liz's ass to see how much of a favorable reaction you can get from this woman....I just don't get it!!!

Liz has CLEARLY made it known, she doesn't give two fucks about the Dallas Wings, Dallas/Ft. Worth and especially the fans who did everything possible to make her feel welcomed and appreciated, so I say fuck you too Liz, now can we please move on from this chic and be done with her!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: