Board Junkies Forums

WNBA in NBA2K?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/18/19 3:48 pm    ::: WNBA in NBA2K? Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Da20one/status/1097482137077534720

Quote:
So cool to be scanned for the @NBA2K game. Send me a photo if you ever use my player.

PostPosted: 02/18/19 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Macarena Cool

PostPosted: 02/18/19 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh hell yeah.

2k's series is designed so much better than EA's NBA live, but I can only ever justify buying one of the two each year. Last two years it has been NBA Live due to the WNBA presence. Because priorities. Cool

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Oh hell yeah.

2k's series is designed so much better than EA's NBA live, but I can only ever justify buying one of the two each year. Last two years it has been NBA Live due to the WNBA presence. Because priorities. Cool

Ive bought both but now that 2K is adding my girls live can kiss my funds goodbye!

PostPosted: 02/26/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2019/02/19/nba-2k20-there-are-strong-indications-the-wnba-will-be-included-and-heres-how-it-should-look

Quote:
EA's NBA Live has included the WNBA for the past two years, but if I'm being honest, the execution was lacking. There were several players without official scans and the options with the women were rather limited. If 2K is going to include the WNBA, they need to do it bigger and better than EA.

PostPosted: 03/09/19 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On a tangential note, NBA Live 19 is now available in the EA Access vault, just in case there's anyone else who subscribes to that service (it's a great deal if you play EA's games but don't care about getting them the moment they're released).

PostPosted: 03/09/19 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
On a tangential note, NBA Live 19 is now available in the EA Access vault, just in case there's anyone else who subscribes to that service (it's a great deal if you play EA's games but don't care about getting them the moment they're released).

EA Access is an awesome deal. For half of the price of one of their games you can play ALL of their old releases (including RPGs like Dragon Age and Mass Effect) and last year releases of their entire sports catalog for an entire year. It's ridiculous. They also will run early access and other benefits too for their new AAA releases. It's stupid good.

PostPosted: 07/01/19 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay. Very Happy

https://www.operationsports.com/nba-2k20-will-feature-the-wnba/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

PostPosted: 07/01/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Yay. Very Happy

https://www.operationsports.com/nba-2k20-will-feature-the-wnba/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Link doesn't work , but we have all seen the Screenshots of AJA looks pretty good im more excited about the game play likeliness .

PostPosted: 07/01/19 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Link doesn't work , but we have all seen the Screenshots of AJA looks pretty good im more excited about the game play likeliness .

Embarassed *shrug*

PostPosted: 07/01/19 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m so excited, I hope we’re able to play a season. That would be dope if we could play more than exhibition mode and create jerseys and trade players etc. lol

PostPosted: 07/01/19 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Oh hell yeah.

I used to play NBA Live a long time ago. Maybe I'll get back into one of the basketball video games. What's best about each?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/01/19 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Oh hell yeah.

I used to play NBA Live a long time ago. Maybe I'll get back into one of the basketball video games. What's best about each?

2K is more realistic game play wise and better features and career mode. The W will get its due dilligence with Operations this year versus EA in the past. Both will feature the WNBA this year in NBA live 20 and also NBA 2K20. Live will finally release career mode as well for the WNBA this year but the consensus says too little too late. 2K is going to blow them out of the water with their career mode as well. Im anxious to play both and give feedback on which is more realistic when it comes to the WNBA and the business side of things with cut scenes involving star players.

PostPosted: 07/01/19 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Oh hell yeah.

Honestly? The only thing Live had going for it was the WNBA (and even that wasn't very involved, there was no mycareer or myleague modes available with the ladies). Well, that and the fact that if you play a lot of EA games, and don't mind playing the previous year's release, EA Access is a ridiculously good value.

But as far as the game play goes 2k does literally everything better. The game is more involved, the park games and pro-am online games are better realized, the MyPlayer experience is much more enjoyable (with the caveat that they do push microtransactions on you, though they aren't required if you have patience and don't need your player to be the absolute best right out the gate). Also the in-game physics are much more realistic and you feel like you have much more control over your player.

Of course the amount of control you have in 2k could be a plus or a minus depending on preference. NBA Live's controls are much more simplistic, and thus both the learning curve and the skill curve are much flatter. Your performance in that game is based much more upon difficulty setting, slider settings, and player ratings. In 2K, the user's skill plays a much larger role. It's why there is a pretty popular 2k league e-sport that is partnered with the NBA itself, while there is nothing like that for NBA Live. But, as I said, that can be a pro or a con. Ultimately, 2k has the potential to be a much more rewarding experience for someone who really gets into sports games, but it can also be frustrating to a more casual gamer as it can be pretty unforgiving to people who take bad shots or who don't have good timing.

This all assumes, of course, that NBA Live doesn't make any major game play advances from last year. They have been improving a bit over the last couple years, closing the gap some between the two products, but I would imagine they will still have a ways to go to catch up.

PostPosted: 08/08/19 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zGwoK2KNmBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 08/08/19 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like there’s going to be a play now mode and a season mode.

PostPosted: 08/08/19 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Sounds like there’s going to be a play now mode and a season mode.

Yes! So excited for the season mode! Wished i wasnt at work so i could post the pics. But here's the link below

https://www.operationsports.com/nba-2k20-features-the-wnba-in-play-now-and-season-modes-trailer-developer-blog-screenshots-here/

PostPosted: 08/08/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really impressed by the amount of work that's clearly been put in on the facial models. People like Kayla Thornton and Ji Su Park were immediately recognisable, not just the superstars. Credit for that at the very least.

PostPosted: 08/08/19 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I'm really impressed by the amount of work that's clearly been put in on the facial models. People like Kayla Thornton and Ji Su Park were immediately recognisable, not just the superstars. Credit for that at the very least.

+1.

PostPosted: 08/09/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

+1.

+2

PostPosted: 08/21/19 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Extended 5x5 gameplay video, Aces vs Storm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVtIwFGw2Og

PostPosted: 08/22/19 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Extended 5x5 gameplay video, Aces vs Storm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVtIwFGw2Og

Thanks Richyyy. I can’t wait to get my copy so I can rain some 3s with the point gawwwd herself lol. I’m excited like a kid.

PostPosted: 08/22/19 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You and me both Hangtyme ! Ive never pre-ordered a game before until this years version of 2k . There's other gameplay footage on youtube as well , they did a great job ! Only player i have seen that does not have a scan is Maya Moore !

PostPosted: 08/22/19 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Between 2k20 and Borderlands 3...so much for being a responsible adult.

Laughing Laughing

Actually my wife is out of the country right now doing research and we are planning to play both of those games co-op. Great way to stay connected over distance!

PostPosted: 08/22/19 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix vs Washington gameplay

https://youtu.be/afSurRxXrec Shocked

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: