RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

El Chapo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 02/16/19 1:04 pm    ::: El Chapo Reply Reply with quote

Okay. The Kingpin is nailed. Yay for American justice. Right?

I have always had a problem with this story. No, I wish him no leniency: he deserves everything he has coming. Murderous, raping bastard.

My problem stems from the propaganda-like narrative that deceives us on so many levels.
A. El Chapo is now out of commission. American justice has prevailed.
Quote:
“There does need to be a conviction of somebody like Chapo Guzmán, both for the symbolism and the pure factor of justice being served,” Horn, who is now in private practice, said in an interview before the verdict. “It does show that . . . for somebody at his level, justice will be done, it will be served. It’s an incredibly powerful victory for DOJ, for law enforcement.”

Will this be the end of illegal drug trade in America? No. Not even close. Does it make most Americans feel 'safer'? Probably. Rolling Eyes

B. I remember the prosecutor saying in a presser right after the conviction that families of people who've died from drug overdoses can now feel some kind of justice. Really? Shocked So, El Chapo was the Ruler in a nefarious kingdom that, like a pied piper, lured their children into drug abuse so he could become a billionaire, damn his soul! Or, did his people brutally drag these innocent victims into their dens of iniquity, to forcefully addict them to his venomous drugs?

NONE of the above. He rose to the top of an uber-lucrative industry in which AMERICAN'S PROVIDED A GARGANTUAN, DEMAND-DRIVEN MARKETPLACE. A marketplace where his void will be filled, sooner than later, cuz The Demand still exists.

No, he didn't rob banks for his billions. Americans paid it to him. Willingly. Supply 'n demand. He was just an entrepreneur.

PostPosted: 02/16/19 2:09 pm    ::: Re: El Chapo Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
He was just an entrepreneur.

Except for all the murdering, and there was a lot, widespread corruption up to and including the federal government, destruction of Mexican society through fear, murdering of journalists, etc. etc.

PostPosted: 02/16/19 2:52 pm    ::: Re: El Chapo Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Howee wrote:
He was just an entrepreneur.

Except for all the murdering, and there was a lot, widespread corruption up to and including the federal government, destruction of Mexican society through fear, murdering of journalists, etc. etc.

Except for all the [slow, lingering] 'murdering', and there is a lot, widespread corruption up to and including the complicity of federal government [think: lobbyists], destruction of American society through 'legitimized' pharmaceuticals, fast food, 'murdering' of commercial journalism through propagandized advertising, etc., etc.

In case you've missed it, I'm drawing the analogy between El Chapo and the likes of Purdue Pharmaceuticals (their contrived opioid conspiracy) and/or the American Glorification of Fast Food. Razz

I think El Chapo was just more efficient in acquiring his massive wealth, with (probably?) fewer dead bodies in his wake, albeit more actual violence.

PostPosted: 02/16/19 4:17 pm    ::: Re: El Chapo Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

In case you've missed it

Definitely missed it.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/17/19 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammer- are you going to vote for Trump again?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: