Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/19 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville beat UConn tonight

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/19 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics are scouting at Stanford @ California game.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/01/19 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The Mystics are scouting at Stanford @ California game.

Good idea, the only problem the two players they are most likely scouting could both be gone by 10 if they keep playing as well as they have been.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/19 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/02/03/tynice-martin-gets-rare-breather-mountaineers-cruise-past-kansas/

Quote:
“She’s really good,” said Kansas coach Brandon Schneider. “It would be a crying shame if someone didn’t pick her in the first round [of the WNBA Draft] and get her out of this league.”

Schneider broke into a grin after that pronouncement, though surely he isn’t the only Big 12 coach unexcited by the prospect of another year dealing with Martin.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/06/19 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My 10 Non-American prospects for the 2019 WNBA Draft
(Paul Nilsen)

PostPosted: 02/06/19 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
(Paul Nilsen)

Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing, Luuuc.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/06/19 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
(Paul Nilsen)

Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing, Luuuc.

Isn't there going to be a tariff applied to Xu and Yueri?

stever

PostPosted: 02/06/19 9:17 pm    ::: Notre Dame's Young mum on WNBA draft Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ndinsider.com/ndinsider/notre-dame-s-young-mum-on-wnba-draft/article_e6faa90f-ea4a-558d-a749-e3570545cf72.html

...kinda' like Loyd was?

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/10/19 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How do people feel about Shepard as a W player? Some drafts have her going pretty high. Watching her today, I just don't see it.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/10/19 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
How do people feel about Shepard as a W player? Some drafts have her going pretty high. Watching her today, I just don't see it.

She looks like a second rounder who can be a serviceable backup, IF she would accept that role. I don't see her inside game translating that well to the W.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/19 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan has nice touch from the FT line. Turns out she also has nice touch from three in warmups.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DIFAaCoFhcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Randy

PostPosted: 02/11/19 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember seeing Erika hit shot after shot from the top of the key during warmup once. Never saw that during a game.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/11/19 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you have a 6’7 who can hit three reliably (ala Cambage), that means a little guard can’t be used to defend it. Could be a useful tool to exploit certain defenses. Like I said, McCowan shows great touch from the FT line and here in warmups. The notion that she can only hit shots closer than 5 feet doesn’t seem to ring true. There’s potential for more development of skills with this one.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/11/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If you have a 6’7 who can hit three reliably (ala Cambage), that means a little guard can’t be used to defend it. Could be a useful tool to exploit certain defenses. Like I said, McCowan shows great touch from the FT line and here in warmups. The notion that she can only hit shots closer than 5 feet doesn’t seem to ring true. There’s potential for more development of skills with this one.

I believe someone (ClayK?) made the comment that if a player can hit free throws they should be able to learn how shoot 3's. So you might be on to something.

PRballer

PostPosted: 02/11/19 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She looks like a second rounder who can be a serviceable backup, IF she would accept that role. I don't see her inside game translating that well to the W.

I don't see it either. Would take Gustafson and Anigwe over her. Even her own teammate Turner, too.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/11/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

I believe someone (ClayK?) made the comment that if a player can hit free throws they should be able to learn how shoot 3's. So you might be on to something.

That is definitely something ClayK has said.

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/11/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

Hey, the Duke guy says I said it, I said it ...

The idea, though, is this: There's actually an advantage to a bigger player shooting threes because bigger players are usually stronger -- and strength makes it easier to shoot.

So strength+good form (which pretty much anyone can acquire), and a minimum of natural ability/touch, and you should be a credible threat from three.

I've encouraged every post player I've coached since the mid-90s to shoot threes. It can really help, and it won't hurt ...

PostPosted: 02/11/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe it's analytics guys like Kevin Pelton who've found when projecting college prospects that a decent free throw shooting percentage has a correlation with being able to develop into a good outside shooter in the pros. No idea if anyone's bothered to check the correlation in the women's game. It's always a bit different projecting female prospects because you typically get four full years and they're 22ish when they're turning pro. With the guys it's often only one year after high school and a lot of them are 19.

PostPosted: 02/11/19 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

Hey, the Duke guy says I said it, I said it ...

The idea, though, is this: There's actually an advantage to a bigger player shooting threes because bigger players are usually stronger -- and strength makes it easier to shoot.

So strength+good form (which pretty much anyone can acquire), and a minimum of natural ability/touch, and you should be a credible threat from three.

I've encouraged every post player I've coached since the mid-90s to shoot threes. It can really help, and it won't hurt ...

Truth. For evidence check out Splash Mountain that plays for the Milwaukee Bucks. Cool

PostPosted: 02/11/19 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/11/19 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toad, who said this?

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/11/19 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Ionescu comes out, Bill's surely got to finally trade somebody. I can see them trying to make Plum/Ionescu/McBride work for a while, but then you've surely got to cash Jefferson in for something. Or you could trade Plum and turn things over to Ionescu if you really believe in her as a lead ballhandler. Or if you don't like Ionescu as much as everyone else, take a motherload offer from somewhere for the pick. Having all four of them on the same roster seems thoroughly unnecessary, even if the offers aren't as much as he'd typically like.

PostPosted: 02/11/19 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Toad, who said this?

It's in the AP report about last night's game (and therefore reprinted in hundreds of other places). The updated version actually walked it back a little:
Quote:
Oregon: Ionescu’s mother, Liliana, sat on the baseline before the game with local sports agent Bill Duffy, a longtime friend of the family. Ionescu’s future at Oregon is unclear, as she may not return for her senior season. “I have absolutely no idea. I’m focusing on what we’re building here this year,” she said of her plans.

https://apnews.com/2241077a4f2b4dd2aed55b882b19d70d

PostPosted: 02/11/19 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If Ionescu comes out, Bill's surely got to finally trade somebody. I can see them trying to make Plum/Ionescu/McBride work for a while, but then you've surely got to cash Jefferson in for something. Or you could trade Plum and turn things over to Ionescu if you really believe in her as a lead ballhandler. Or if you don't like Ionescu as much as everyone else, take a motherload offer from somewhere for the pick. Having all four of them on the same roster seems thoroughly unnecessary, even if the offers aren't as much as he'd typically like.

Can't see Bill slowing his game down to a snails pace for anyone.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/12/19 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

there have been some hints through out the season on the board that Ionescu might come out, it seems like a poorly kept secret. Ionescu I think also becomes the #1 pick, Laimbeer (who I know does some gamesman ship) has been pretty transparent that he is interested. (Now does he keep her or try to trade the pick or other assets to improve elsewhere who knows.) He said something about playing her at SF which I realize seems a little far fetched for a physical/bruising Laimbeer type of squad but you got enough secondary pieces who are better defenders to mix and match and slide things around. I realize the starters would be a weak defensive team but you would have a lot of open lanes for Wilson, great passing and 3s bombing in they could have the top offense in the league

Plum/Jefferson/Allen
McBride/Nared
Ionescu/Young
Wilson/Harrison/Hamby
Swords/Park

and you still have Coffey and Bone (Allen and Nared are easily cuttable if you want to keep Coffey or have to keep Bone instead)

trading Jefferson makes more sense than ever

With Ionescu coming out and no sure fire stars in the class of 2020 here is my new insane trade

LV gets the #2 pick (McCowan), NY first round pick in 2020 ( lottery likely 5 or 6 if NY gets lucky) and Boyd

NY get #1 (Ionescu) and Jefferson

LV
Plum/Boyd/Allen
McBride/Nared
Young/Coffey
Wilson/Harrison/Park or Hamby
McCowan/Swords

(and 2 first round picks in 2020 NY's and their own)

NY
Ionescu/Jefferson
Nurse/Rodgers/Hartley
Zelous/R. Allen
Charles/Raincock-Ekunwe
Stokes/Zahui B/(#14 Han Xu)

Pick 14 (which I would be willing to throw in to the trade if need be) or pick 26 or camp invite
I don't see it happening but fun to think about for NY fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 36 of 74

Jump to: