RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

CNN: Jussie Smollett PAID Two Brothers to STAGE The Assault
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11486
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, you have no idea on my opinion re: hiring Illegals. EVERYBODY that's not in a coma knows what Trump says about allowing and hiring Illegals. But....he hires his own, anyway. Yep. "Irrational".

Hmmm, you had a perfect chance to state your opinion on companies hiring illegal workers and passed. Trump does not talk about "hiring illegals".


Your OP wanted evidence of Trump supporters being irrational. You're contortions are hilarious--you didn't qualify it by saying staff or senators didn't qualify as "supporters". Now you contort yourself to validate your own foolishness, a la The Donald himself.

"Irrational". Just the chunk above is enough for me to present you as exhibit A: "Irrational". Once again, enjoy your own irrationality. I'm done. Razz



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/19 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Quote:
Well, you have no idea on my opinion re: hiring Illegals. EVERYBODY that's not in a coma knows what Trump says about allowing and hiring Illegals. But....he hires his own, anyway. Yep. "Irrational".

Hmmm, you had a perfect chance to state your opinion on companies hiring illegal workers and passed. Trump does not talk about "hiring illegals".


Your OP wanted evidence of Trump supporters being irrational. You're contortions are hilarious--you didn't qualify it by saying staff or senators didn't qualify as "supporters". Now you contort yourself to validate your own foolishness, a la The Donald himself.

"Irrational". Just the chunk above is enough for me to present you as exhibit A: "Irrational". Once again, enjoy your own irrationality. I'm done. Razz


You should have tried to find some examples of Trump concerned about E-Verify. I looked the other day and only found something about his administration including money in a budget for it and a lot of articles about his company vowing to do so since they were caught. But looked just now and found an article that says he mentioned it in an interview with Chuck Todd in August 2015 and another article that says he mentioned it in a 2016 speech in Arizona. So now you can claim he's an "irrational Trump supporter" and I can be pissed that he didn't follow through on another illegal immigration-related campaign promise.

If Trump supporters (and this was about the type of guys who roam the streets at 2AM) are irrational you should be able to come up with examples that aren't over-the-top complements of his paid PR people who are working for one of the most "flattery will get you everywhere" bosses in the game. I never said that McConnell was a bad example because he was a senator. McConnell is invalid because he is not a Trump supporter. Exhibit A: He didn't provide, nor attempt to provide Trump wall funding. Exhibit B: He spoke out against tariffs.




Last edited by tfan on 02/01/19 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9084



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jussie Smollett Breaks His Silence After Vicious Attack: 'I'm OK'

Quote:
“Let me start by saying that I’m OK,” Smollett began in his statement to ESSENCE. “My body is strong but my soul is stronger. More importantly I want to say thank you. The outpouring of love and support from my village has meant more than I will ever be able to truly put into words. ”

Smollett said, “I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level. Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served. ”

“As my family stated, these types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers and non-gender conforming siblings daily. I am not and should not be looked upon as an isolated incident. We will talk soon and I will address all details of this horrific incident, but I need a moment to process,” he concluded. “Most importantly, during times of trauma, grief and pain, there is still a responsibility to lead with love. It’s all I know. And that can’t be kicked out of me.”

Smollett signed his statement by writing, “With Love, respect & honor…Jussie.”


https://www.essence.com/entertainment/only-essence/jussie-smollett-breaks-silence-vicious-attack/



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/19 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This case shows the importance of reporting things accurately in the beginning because both reader interest and reporter interest seems to die out over time. TMZ started out saying that two white men fractured his ribs and doused him with bleach shortly after he left Subway . The initial police report was released:

https://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/020419-smollett-report-doc.pdf

and confirms what ABC reporter Rob Elgas said - he wasn't able to identify their race due to ski masks and gloves. There was something that stained his clothes - and they were taken into evidence - but is called an "unknown chemical substance" in the police report, not bleach. There are tons of people out there talking about how bleach would have burned his skin "if they poured it on his head" and "bleach freezes at 18 degrees". He said at his concert his ribs were not cracked or broken. Meanwhile, people are still saying "if he had fractured ribs that would be painful but he walked normally past security". And the scene of the crime was right by his place (Loews Hotel/North Water Apartments), not "shortly after he left subway" People are talking about "hanging outside Subway with a noose and bleach" and "why didn't the Subway employees see or hear anything?". Other minor sites reported that the attackers were wearing red MAGA hats and there still seem to be a lot of people who believe that in addition to them being definitely white. TMZ said that he had been "in the hospital" which people considered as being "hospitalized", but he said at his concert he was not hospitalized, he just went to see a doctor which would have been at a hospital emergency room at that time of day. Another thing that disagrees with police report is "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?" was reported by TMZ, suggesting it was a chance encounter. But this happened right where he lives and the police report says:

Quote:
Two unknown males approached him and gained his attention by saying verbatim "Empire <redacted> <redacted>".


Another thing you see is that people are aware that the story has changed, but rather than blaming that on TMZ (and others) reporting it wrong or any secondary source TMZ may have gotten it from, they say that "his story keeps changing".

When they released the stills of two "persons of interest" someone tweeted that they were from before the attack (which I did see reported by someone - 1:30 am to 1:45 am) but said that they were not near the attack and were walking in the opposite direction. I don't think it has ever been officially said which direction or where they were walking, but the Daily Mail says they are on N New St and from Google Maps and Google Street View, they are, and also very close to and walking towards the crime scene. But the "they were walking away" is all you see.

Everyone seems to be aware of the early report that police had reviewed hundreds of hours of video and not seen any suspects. But there were also two news organization tweets on this that reveal two people out there with Smollett, but oddly no one is reporting it and virtually no one talks about it. If you mention it they think you are talking about the still images released. Chicago ABC News report Rob Elgas tweeted:

Quote:
Now to the surveillance camera images/video of Smollett and who police call the "potential persons of interest".

Detectives used time code from two different cameras to piece together Smollett's movements when he was near them. On one camera they are seated at a bench. The other camera shows Smollett across the street.

Let me clarify. On one camera the "persons of interest" are seated at a bench. ACROSS the same street, Smollett is seen walking. Smollett is recorded on that different camera walking. The "persons of interest" are also seen walking but on the other side of the same street.

Police say both Smollett and the "persons of interest" walk out of frame (on different cameras). Smollett would reappear on a different camera about a minute later. So basically for about 60 seconds Smollett is not on surveillance camera.


There are people aware of this information because you see "60 seconds doesn't seem to be enough time" but doesn't seem to be well known. But no one appears to be aware of the CBSEveningNews video report that was tweeted:
https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1090920189305253888

Quote:
After screening hundreds of hours of security camera footage, police are now focusing on two persons of interest captured in what authorities called an encounter early Tuesday with the actor Jussie Smollett. Police sources say it is unclear what may have transpired, but 12 detectives on the case are trying to identify the individuals picked up by the cameras and want to question them.


Rob Elgas was probably referring to this when he tweeted:
Quote:
MORE: Chicago police are also withholding certain details from surveillance video detectives have located because multiple people are calling in with tips. They want to make sure tipsters actually saw something and aren't just calling with info they see on TV/social media.




Last edited by tfan on 02/08/19 2:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9084



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/19 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote


What I've noticed.

It's interesting, though probably not surprising, the majority of people who are spreading conspiracy theories about this are straight men.
Black and white.

It's like they're unwilling to admit that maybe their attitudes is what drives things like this so they have to make up theories and throw suspicions everywhere and avoid taking a hard look at themselves.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/19 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Wow. It's like some of you are just WAITING to be misinformed so you can project hatred and vitriol towards people you disagree with. Seriously, just grasp at ANYTHING at this point! I'm not saying it's all of you... you know who you are.

This story has all the credibility of the Buzzfeed story that ran on the 18th (and I had to endure watching people fight about it in Detroit at the airport for 3 hours because they have CNN on the big screens). Maybe this guy really was attacked, but by random Trump supporters in Chicago yelling "This is MAGA country?" You have to be a special kind of stupid to believe some bullshit like that.


Why did you have to go and perfectly articulate everything I was thinking? What gives you the right? I had a perfectly good animated Brian Cranston disgusted gif just ready to go. Now you've burst the bubble. Or pimple.


So you both are saying that a well-known actor made this up? Is that what you want to go on the record as believing?

There is no middle ground here. So, just say it.


Well... not that I was following this story that closely, but yes now I am going to come out and say it.

He made this up.

Him AND his creative director are refusing to cooperate with law enforcement and refusing to turn over their phone records. The FBI and local PD are now doubting that this attack ever took place. Requests from several property owners' camera feeds as well as red light cameras have so far come up with nothing.

At first I doubted that Trump supporters carried on such an attack. Now I'm doubting that it happened at all. In fact, I think I nailed it the first time when I said "MAYBE" he was attacked.

Have you heard that this guy went to the police station 45 minutes after the alleged attack with the rope still around his neck? Not sure if true but that's what I'm hearing!


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/19 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Him AND his creative director are refusing to cooperate with law enforcement and refusing to turn over their phone records.


There is no AND. He didn't want to turn over his phone when requested and they appeared to have made a request, not a demand. There is nothing else with regard to "not cooperating with police". I haven't seen his manager mentioned in that regard. I have read Smollett allowed them to access phone records, but also that the police subpoenaed the records. However, the Chicago Police refused to answer a question as to whether they subpoenaed the records, saying something about it being an ongoing investigation.


Quote:
The FBI and local PD are now doubting that this attack ever took place. Requests from several property owners' camera feeds as well as red light cameras have so far come up with nothing.


It has been reported that they found something. CBSEveningNews reported that there was an "encounter" observed.

Quote:
https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1090920189305253888
After screening hundreds of hours of security camera footage, police are now focusing on two persons of interest captured in what authorities called an encounter early Tuesday with the actor Jussie Smollett. Police sources say it is unclear what may have transpired, but 12 detectives on the case are trying to identify the individuals picked up by the cameras and want to question them.


A local ABC news guy said:
Quote:
https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/status/1092889422079713282
MORE: Chicago police are also withholding certain details from surveillance video detectives have located because multiple people are calling in with tips. They want to make sure tipsters actually saw something and aren't just calling with info they see on TV/social media.

https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/status/1093172411334361089
Detectives have found additional video but it does not show an attack. Wouldn’t say what it shows.


Quote:
Have you heard that this guy went to the police station 45 minutes after the alleged attack with the rope still around his neck? Not sure if true but that's what I'm hearing!


He didn't go to the police station, they came to him. They did arrive around 45 minutes later, but that is mostly due to him not wanting to call the police and his friend Frank Gatson deciding to make the call. It was reported that he still had rope around his neck (although I saw a claim/report it had been untied from how it appeared on video when he walked into the building). I read somewhere that he wanted to preserve evidence. I don't think it proves anything. Right now they are canvassing stores to find video of people buying rope like that. I have seen claims that it was brand new.


Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/19 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Him AND his creative director are refusing to cooperate with law enforcement and refusing to turn over their phone records.


There is no AND. He didn't want to turn over his phone when requested and they appeared to have made a request, not a demand. There is nothing else with regard to "not cooperating with police". I haven't seen his manager mentioned in that regard. I have read Smollett allowed them to access phone records, but also that the police subpoenaed the records. However, the Chicago Police refused to answer a question as to whether they subpoenaed the records, saying something about it being an ongoing investigation.


Quote:
The FBI and local PD are now doubting that this attack ever took place. Requests from several property owners' camera feeds as well as red light cameras have so far come up with nothing.


It has been reported that they found something. CBSEveningNews reported that there was an "encounter" observed.

Quote:
https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1090920189305253888
After screening hundreds of hours of security camera footage, police are now focusing on two persons of interest captured in what authorities called an encounter early Tuesday with the actor Jussie Smollett. Police sources say it is unclear what may have transpired, but 12 detectives on the case are trying to identify the individuals picked up by the cameras and want to question them.


A local ABC news guy said:
Quote:
https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/status/1092889422079713282
MORE: Chicago police are also withholding certain details from surveillance video detectives have located because multiple people are calling in with tips. They want to make sure tipsters actually saw something and aren't just calling with info they see on TV/social media.

https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/status/1093172411334361089
Detectives have found additional video but it does not show an attack. Wouldn’t say what it shows.


Quote:
Have you heard that this guy went to the police station 45 minutes after the alleged attack with the rope still around his neck? Not sure if true but that's what I'm hearing!


He didn't go to the police station, they came to him. They did arrive around 45 minutes later, but that is mostly due to him not wanting to call the police and his friend Frank Gatson deciding to make the call. It was reported that he still had rope around his neck (although I saw a claim/report it had been untied from how it appeared on video when he walked into the building). I read somewhere that he wanted to preserve evidence. I don't think it proves anything. Right now they are canvassing stores to find video of people buying rope like that. I have seen claims that it was brand new.


I really don't understand what he would have to gain by inventing the story. Publicity? Maybe, maybe not. At the same time, it's suspicious that he himself would not call police. He can't get charged with filing a false police report this way, if this ends up being a hoax.

I'm sure that rope lead is a dead end. With regards to the phone records, hope that included location history.

Who knows at this point? I've seen the shots of the two people in question. Guess we'll wait and see what transpires. It just seems EXTREMELY suspect that these people just happened to be carrying a rope while knowing where this guy was going to be in a "chance" encounter, and being 2 steps ahead of him the entire time. Also while not having video of the attack, and disappearing into darkness in one big perfect execution where nothing was taken.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/19 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

I really don't understand what he would have to gain by inventing the story. Publicity? Maybe, maybe not. At the same time, it's suspicious that he himself would not call the police. He can't get charged with filing a false police report this way if this ends up being a hoax.


It doesn't have to be entirely invented (if it isn't true). But he is a singer who would benefit from the publicity which has elicited a very sympathetic response from a large portion of the public.

Quote:
I'm sure that rope lead is a dead end. With regards to the phone records, hope that included location history.


It turns out that reports he had turned over the records and reports the police had issued a subpoena for them were both false. He turned them over yesterday, but the police say they are "limited and redacted" and they are still requesting the official records. I believe that is only to verify he was on the phone with his manager (who says he heard statements by the perpetrators) at the time of the attack.

Quote:
Who knows at this point? I've seen the shots of the two people in question. Guess we'll wait and see what transpires. It just seems EXTREMELY suspect that these people just happened to be carrying a rope while knowing where this guy was going to be in a "chance" encounter, and being 2 steps ahead of him the entire time. Also while not having video of the attack, and disappearing into darkness in one big perfect execution where nothing was taken.


TMZ incorrectly reported that it occurred "shortly after he left a Subway". It actually happened right outside his apartment building. Which means it doesn't have to have been a random encounter. But it would seem that there should be video of the persons entering and leaving the area, even if there is nothing with regard to the attack. There are unofficial reports claiming to have police sources that the two persons of interest pictured in the released video still were homeless and only in the area 15 to 30 minutes before the attack.


Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9084



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/19 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uRgfv1YnXhU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRgfv1YnXhU



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/19 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Chicago Police have identified the two persons of interest that were shown in the two stills captured by a street light video camera, and they are being questioned.

https://twitter.com/AJGuglielmi/status/1096072314700083204

CNN reports they were picked up at Chicago O'Hare International Airport

ABCNews is reporting (police department does not say this) that they raided the homes of the two persons of interest.



jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19705



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They’re reportedly investigating whether the actor and the two people they’ve now identified staged the attack. There’s something about him being written off his show in terms of motive.

https://abc7chicago.com/sources-police-investigating-whether-smollett-staged-attack-with-help-of-others/5138497/



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9084



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/19 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fox Says Jussie Smollett “Core” To ‘Empire’; Chicago PD Slam Reports Attack Was Staged
Quote:
Reports that an alleged attack on Jussie Smollett more than two weeks ago in Chicago was staged as a career move are “unconfirmed,” the Chicago police said Thursday night. At the same time, Fox, the network that airs Smollett’s series Empire, rejected suggestions that the actor was being written off the series, a reason given in reports earlier in the day claiming the attack was not real.

Quote:
“The idea that Jussie Smollett has been, or would be, written off of Empire is patently ridiculous,” said 20th Century Fox TV and Fox Entertainment today. “He remains a core player on this very successful series and we continue to stand behind him.”

“Today Jussie did answer routine follow-up questions for Chicago Police Department and continues to cooperate,” reps for the actor said Thursday. Smollett plays openly gay Jamal Lyon on the Fox hip-hop drama created by Lee Daniels and Danny Strong.


https://deadline.com/2019/02/jussie-smollett-attack-chicago-police-deny-reports-staged-1202558074/



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19705



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/19 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One thing has become very apparent, this is one ultra-weird-ass tale with complex layers of WTF and anyone who had a hinky feeling about it as it was reported can have newfound confidence in their something-don’t-smell-right-about-this radar systems. And that’s true whether the dude was in on an ‘attack’ or not. And it now seems to me quite possible, however unlikely, that he wasn’t. Shows have hundreds of extras. Stars probably have little contact at all with most extras. They’re not paid. They are bullied and asked to stand in lines and wait for hours etc. The treatment of extras is a known issue in the business. And it’s also not unusual for extras, who are most often wannabes trying to break into the industry, to develop everything from attitudes to the classic unhealthy obsession with stars. If it turns out this guy didn’t know his attackers, the fact that they were extras on his show could spin this thing off into a whole new area of cray cray.


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6707153/Cops-raid-Empire-extras-home-amid-rumored-investigation-claims-Jussie-Smollett-staged-attack.html



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19705



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/19 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote



It's the Daily Mail so your mileage may vary.

Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo were picked up at Chicago O'Hare Airport on Wednesday. The pair had just arrived back from Nigeria when they were taken into custody. Both are actors and Ola appeared on Empire in 2015 as an extra. They are friends with Smollett, who follows them on Instagram, and sometimes work out with them.

Quote:
The pair were picked up by police at Chicago O'Hare Airport on Wednesday as they arrived back in America after visiting family in Nigeria to be questioned over the January 29 attack involving the star.

On Friday afternoon, they were arrested on suspicion of being involved in a crime but they have not been charged.

Police can now hold them for an additional 24 hours without charge if the prosecutor's office agrees, or must file charges by 5.45pm on Friday.

Family say they went to Africa on January 29, hours after the Smollett attack. Ola appeared on Empire in 2015 and both brothers have had minor roles on Chicago PD.

Smollett follows their joint Instagram account and, according to their lawyer, sometimes goes to the gym with them.

DailyMail.com has identified photographs of one of the brothers inside the gym in Smollett's apartment building in June. The gym is private to residents of the luxury condominium building.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9084



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/19 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If he's lying, his career will be over and never recover from this.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

It's the Daily Mail so your mileage may vary.


I am curious as to how the Daily Mail and The Guardian got into as much USA coverage as they do.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7169
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/19 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
If he's lying, his career will be over and never recover from this.

Yep. That's why waiting until the investigation has had a chance to play out was always the right thing to do. If it was made up, it would come out eventually and the price would be astronomical to him. Absolutely no good could come from speculation in the mean time, versus a whole lot of harm.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9084



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/19 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19705



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/16/19 2:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Released due to “new evidence gathered during an interrogation.”



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/16/19 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Released due to “new evidence gathered during an interrogation.”

Jussie Smollett hires Michael Cohen's criminal defense attorney

Quote:
Attorney Michael Monico, a former federal prosecutor in the Northern District of Illinois, revealed in a radio interview on Thursday in Chicago that he is representing Smollett.


'Suspects' Lawyer ...
MY CLIENTS HAVE KEY EVIDENCE


jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19705



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/16/19 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t understand. What’s he need a defense lawyer for?




_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9084



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/16/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The authorities are looking for Jussie as he seems to be on the run.

He's DONE!

Quote:
Chicago (CNN)Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation tell CNN that Chicago Police believe actor Jussie Smollet paid two men to orchestrate an assault on him that he reported late last month.


https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19705



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/16/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jussie Smollett Attack: Chicago Police Believe Former Suspects Were Paid to Assault Actor (Report)

Chicago police believe that Jussie Smollett paid two former suspects in his ongoing assault case to plan the attack, two police sources told CNN.

The two men, who are reportedly brothers, are cooperating with Chicago officers, CNN's report stated. According to the outlet's sources, police have dug up records that show that the brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at an Ace Hardware in Chicago.

In a statement provided to The Hollywood Reporter, Chicago Police Department chief communications officer Anthony Guglielmi said, "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We've reached out to the Empire cast member's attorney to request a follow-up interview."

- Hollywood Reporter



I just feel bad for everyone. Every motherfucking body. And what’s to come.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9084



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/16/19 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If true, he will have singlehandedly discredited two whole groups (Blacks and gays) of people when it comes to hate crimes. Talk about ammunition for actual hate groups.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin