RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Top 16 Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/11/19 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I’ll probably only be giving this a passing glance because it realistically involves maybe 6 conferences. In recent years, the P5 have usurped the most part of these spots, with the Big East and that one pesky school from the AAC claiming the rest. Actually, I would venture to say that aside from maybe the AAC and the MAC, no conferences outside of the ones mentioned will get at-large bids.

The Summit League will beg to differ with the South Dakota's playing their way into the tourney.

JMU probably SHOULD, but the committee, of course, can't see beyond the P5, the MAC, the Big East, and that one school from the AAC.

Charlie Creme's Bracketology
LAST UPDATED: 2/11/19 11:25 AM ET
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Bids by conference:

ACC (8 )
    Pac-12 (7)
    SEC (7)
    Big Ten (6)
    Big 12 (3)
    Mid-American (3)
    American (2)
    Big East (2)
    Missouri Valley (2)
    Summit (2)

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/11/19 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Tara pretty much takes all comers and usually does home and aways. Give her a call.

THIS.

There has always been bias and always been bandwagon. I think we have too many and actually the fact that Houston almost beat Cal shows my point.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/11/19 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I’ll probably only be giving this a passing glance because it realistically involves maybe 6 conferences. In recent years, the P5 have usurped the most part of these spots, with the Big East and that one pesky school from the AAC claiming the rest. Actually, I would venture to say that aside from maybe the AAC and the MAC, no conferences outside of the ones mentioned will get at-large bids.

The Summit League will beg to differ with the South Dakota's playing their way into the tourney.

JMU probably SHOULD, but the committee, of course, can't see beyond the P5, the MAC, the Big East, and that one school from the AAC.

Charlie Creme's Bracketology
LAST UPDATED: 2/11/19 11:25 AM ET
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Bids by conference:

ACC (8 )
    Pac-12 (7)
    SEC (7)
    Big Ten (6)
    Big 12 (3)
    Mid-American (3)
    American (2)
    Big East (2)
    Missouri Valley (2)
    Summit (2)

Laughing

PostPosted: 02/11/19 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Perhaps you have no idea of how hard it is for a good mid to get the majors to play them at all. JMU found that out several years back after they beat UCLA in OT, back in the days of Precious Hall, Jaz Gwathmey, and Angela Mickens. Coach said after that is was hard to get a good major to play us at all. None of the VA schools has been willing to except under duress. We're not quite at the Hall/Mickens/Gwathmey level right now but we're good. JMU gets at least one P5 every year, unfortunately very early in the season, like the third or 4th game when they haven't quite coalesced. This is true of a lot of mids, if they can get a P5 at all. A good mid frequently can't, because the P5s are afraid of losing and having that "look bad" on their record. So then if the mid is lucky they get a bottom of the barrel P5 like Wake Forest for their early game and in an off year things might happen as they did this year. If they played such a team mid-season the results would be very different, I suspect. That's why I'm in favor of scattering non-conference games throughout the year rather than bunching them all up at the beginning.

I'm confused.

Is it that all mid-majors coalesce and P5s don't, or that only JMU coalesces and P5s don't?

Most teams haven't got it together that early in the season. Mid-majors draw from a different talent pool than P5s so it may take them a little longer. That's my theory anyway. Noticed it here and with other teams also. YMMV.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: