RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Grammys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/10/19 9:58 pm    ::: Grammys Reply Reply with quote

Can Alicia Keys host ever year?

Her voice is so smooth, powerful, relaxing, stimulating, and listenable.

That two piano set was great!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
sambista

PostPosted: 02/10/19 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, she did a nice job. very natural. though my age is showing. i didn't know half of those people.

diana ross. a full-fledged member of the lena horne club.

PostPosted: 02/11/19 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
yeah, she did a nice job. very natural. though my age is showing. i didn't know half of those people.

diana ross. a full-fledged member of the lena horne club.

Oh, me too. Once they got past Dolly, Smokey, Diana and Bob Newhart, I had only heard of a hand full of the artists and knew the music of only a couple. Smile

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/11/19 6:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Greta Van Fleet won for best Rock Album, so I am happy. Sad they didn't win Best New Artist, as well though. Dua Lipa is not really my cup of tea.

PostPosted: 02/11/19 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok. what is the difference between record of the year and album of the year? since neither exists today as we knew them.

PostPosted: 02/11/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
ok. what is the difference between record of the year and album of the year? since neither exists today as we knew them.

Record is for a single song awarded to the producers of the song (i.e. Space Cowboy by Kacey Musgraves).
Album is for the whole album (i.e. Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves).

PostPosted: 02/11/19 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was Rhonda Ross on the phone during the Motown tribute last night. I hope she was on the phone with the authorities because the Grammys aren't worth a damn for allowing someone who struggles with her own songs to tribute legendary pioneers.

PostPosted: 02/11/19 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
sambista wrote:

Record is for a single song awarded to the producers of the song (i.e. Space Cowboy by Kacey Musgraves).
Album is for the whole album (i.e. Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves).

got it. thanks.

i think it's interesting that, as much as language evolves, a noun hasn't emerged to replace/update/freshen "album," "record," "recording" - something that covers that work that musicians release. maybe "record" is it, and it's a perfectly good word, but i haven't actually heard anyone talk about someone's "record." or words distinguishing between a song and a collection of songs. then again, maybe people are using "album," "record" and "ep" that way, and i'm just out of the loop!

PostPosted: 02/11/19 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't watch the Grammys (haven't in years, mostly I just don't find it interesting).

I will say that, scrolling the lists of winners and nominees, this is the first year they have made me feel old and out of touch.

Sigh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: