RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tennessee at #6 Mississippi St - 2/10/19 - 2 ET ESPN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Tennessee
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
#6 Mississippi State
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 13

dinkytown

PostPosted: 02/08/19 11:34 am    ::: Tennessee at #6 Mississippi St - 2/10/19 - 2 ET ESPN Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee at #6 Mississippi State
Humphrey Coliseum - Starkville, MS
2:00 ET - ESPN

Tennessee 15-7 (4-5 SEC)
Mississippi State 21-1 (9-0 SEC)

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/08/19 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the 'real' Tennessee showed up, they could win. But the chances are high that the crappier Tennessee will appear, as they have done repeatedly this season. The crappier Tennessee will have no chance. I hope the 'real' version shows up so we can have an interesting game.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/08/19 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If the 'real' Tennessee showed up, they could win. But the chances are high that the crappier Tennessee will appear, as they have done repeatedly this season. The crappier Tennessee will have no chance. I hope the 'real' version shows up so we can have an interesting game.

If the real Rennia & Evina show up we have a chance. Small but its something .

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the last time Tennessee was real in basketball was 2015-16.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Agree they have to show up, but I think the real issue is CGreen and KK staying out of foul trouble, something they're rarely able to do. If they're on the bench, McCowan will be free to score 50 points. And Evina and MeMe have to be able to stop their guards.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Agree they have to show up, but I think the real issue is CGreen and KK staying out of foul trouble, something they're rarely able to do. If they're on the bench, McCowan will be free to score 50 points. And Evina and MeMe have to be able to stop their guards.

McCowan is going to score 50 whether they get in foul trouble or not. We need to rebound on the defensive end and stop everybody else from going off. Im a bit nervous about Evina's decision making against MSU's pressure. Could be a long night if shes.not attacking to score.

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#$^%@! No Westbrook. "Violation of team rules." WTH was she thinking?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Westbrook violated team policy. She missed a class so shes Out for today's game. When it rains it pours. Msu by 50.

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Halfway through the 1st Qtr and it's even up.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee hanging in there so far. Rennia showing up is always a good thing for this team.

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking flustered with this lineup.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three subs, and now MS is up by 8. Sigh.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These shot clock violations and near-violations are directly the result of Westbrook's absence.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

13 pts for Davis already. When she comes to play, she's pretty much unstoppable offensively. If she'd put the same effect into defense, she'd be an AA.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MS 40-34 at the half. McCowan with 10 pts, Davis with 18.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/10/19 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, Evina sometimes does a lot of stupid things and tries to do much herself, and then looks like she is sulking, which affects the whole team. I think they look pretty good without her. Part of that is that Davis is 'on'. When she's on, yeah she's unstoppable. Z. Green hoists a lot of bad shots. I'd like to see more of Jackson. She adds a different dimension to the team. And I think defensively they're doing the right thing of packing it in the paint and daring the three ball from the MSU guards.

- Amanda Gorman
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackson's just recovered from an ankle injury. The previous game was her first one back. Prior to her injury, she was averaging >30 mpg. Massengill is doing pretty well this season for a freshman back-up PG. She makes pretty good decisions, takes care of the ball, and can shoot the 2. She's a lousy 3 pt shooter though.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two steps forward, and two steps back. Net gain, zero.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The difference in this game is Tenn's rapidly worsening defense.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/19 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh. Can't watch this anymore.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That got ugly real fast. LV's played tough for 3 Qtrs then ran out of gas in the 4th.

PostPosted: 02/10/19 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
That got ugly real fast. LV's played tough for 3 Qtrs then ran out of gas in the 4th.

*sigh*

So true! I was excited about how well they were hanging and then.... Yikes! Mississippi State and really does have nice post and guard play.
The
Btw, Davis really needs to always play like she did in this game. She really could be quite lethal.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 02/11/19 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

*sigh*

So true! I was excited about how well they were hanging and then.... Yikes! Mississippi State and really does have nice post and guard play.
The
Btw, Davis really needs to always play like she did in this game. She really could be quite lethal.

As a vol fan, I hope Rennia transfers next season. She looks to have so much potential, but there is nothing at UT to develop her talent except maybe Evina. Horrible state of affairs. But the good thing is, after watching closely the UT train wreck,I now have my own kid who plays elite teavel on a strict routine that demands effort and doesn’t, okay maybe occasionally, requires the Summitt stare. It has been working very well. See Holly, you can demand excellence and be all nicey-nicey.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/11/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rennia will go as far as her own motivation takes her. She has rarely this season decided to play like she did on the offensive end of the court yesterday. I don't think I've ever, in 1 1/2 yrs, seen her run to get back on defense. She needs a kick in the ***.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: