Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Don't forget that Fowles was beaten up at the end of last season, with an elbow injury that might've been more serious than anyone wanted to admit.

Whose face did she injure it on?

It was an overuse injury. The combined effect of all of the faces she mashed not just one in particular.

Can I get a complete list so I know who is to blame for running their faces into her elbow?

PostPosted: 02/06/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have a list myself, so I'd suggest the fans of each team chip in with players on their team that injured her elbow. I'll start with Sancho Lyttle who was so hell bent on injuring Fowles elbow (2010) that Sancho got a concussion and missed the ASG.

http://www.espn.com.au/wnba/news/story?id=5362297

My recollection is that Cambage was another last season.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/19 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Don't forget that Fowles was beaten up at the end of last season, with an elbow injury that might've been more serious than anyone wanted to admit.

It was an overuse injury. The combined effect of all of the faces she mashed not just one in particular.

You’re the last one that should be joking about injuries since it was your team’s player that may have ended Brunson’s career.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/06/19 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Can I get a complete list so I know who is to blame for running their faces into her elbow?

Kinda like Lisa Leslie, it may be a shorter list to discover whose face did not run into her elbow. Shameka Christon (her own teammate) essentially got a career ending smasheroo. I'm pretty sure Achonwa got one, though she's such an expert flopper it can be difficult to tell. One of (if not both) the Ogwumikes certainly met that elbow. I believe it was Nneka that came away bleeding though I'm sure Minny fans will think that was deserved. I have some memory of Plaisance meeting said elbow too. But I'm sure there are many more.

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/06/19 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You’re the last one that should be joking about injuries since it was your team’s player that may have ended Brunson’s career.

Nah, Brunson getting injured was karma for trading Superstar Howard. But it was fitting that destiny was helped carried out by a player disrespected by Reeve and the Lynx because saying Augustus and Whalen should be All-Stars translates to Hayes shouldn't be an All-Star even though she was more deserving.

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/06/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Kinda like Lisa Leslie, it may be a shorter list to discover whose face did not run into her elbow. Shameka Christon (her own teammate) essentially got a career ending smasheroo. I'm pretty sure Achonwa got one, though she's such an expert flopper it can be difficult to tell. One of (if not both) the Ogwumikes certainly met that elbow. I believe it was Nneka that came away bleeding though I'm sure Minny fans will think that was deserved. I have some memory of Plaisance meeting said elbow too. But I'm sure there are many more.

Well, Nneka does like to flop according to Reeve Laughing

PostPosted: 02/06/19 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Well, I hope all these people got fines and or suspensions for potentially doing damage to her elbow.

PostPosted: 02/07/19 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S76PDsBmAlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Linzin

PostPosted: 02/07/19 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't believe in the Christian god, but Maya has always been super religious since at least college; this is actually, honestly, a very unsurprising reason for her to take time off. I would frankly be much more surprised if she said she did it to protest the CBA or whatever.

Anyway, all the best to her; hope she finds what she's looking for.

PostPosted: 02/07/19 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Well, Nneka does like to flop according to Reeve Laughing

well, you don't usually come away bleeding from a flop Very Happy ...unless you hit yourself in the face while falling down.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/07/19 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I need 2 thumbs up emojis.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/19 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4w5oV6zYb7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/19 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess this is from March 2016. It might be of interest to those who are rude enough to think Maya is faking her level of Christianity.

http://myfaithradio.com/2016/maya-moore-real-joy-true-identity/

http://cdn.myfaithradio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/03/3-5-On-the-Road-Moore-Feeling-Gods-Pleasure.mp3
Quote:
“I could stop playing basketball today, and I would be OK.”

http://cdn.myfaithradio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/03/03-05_OnTheRoad.mp3

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/19 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ATL Dream 2018 season review page of Dantas
https://dream.wnba.com/news/damiris-dantas-season-recap/

Quote:
A lot of people pointed to the injury sustained by Angel McCoughtry was the biggest detriment to the team not moving past Washington in the 2018 WNBA Semifinals. What was not discussed was the Atlanta Dream losing Damiris Dantas for the second half of the season due to a season-ending ankle injury, which was also a huge loss of an important rotation player.

I’m tearing up right now. Huge loss last season. Even bigger loss for them this season.

Quote:
When healthy, Dantas showed coach Nicki Collen and her staff what she can do. Her 10 points in eight minutes against the Indiana Fever on July 13, her last game of the season, was an impressive performance and helped lead the Dream to a win. A 6-3 forward that can shoot, DD was missed, especially against the Mystics in the Playoffs.

Wonder why the ATL fans didn’t care for her enough to want to keep her?

Quote:
After having surgery in August, Dantas has been rehabbing and is looking forward to playing ball overseas in South Korea this offseason for KDB Life Winnus.

She seems to be doing well, although the Korean sites are difficult to read (awhom, help)

Averaging about 20/10 and was in Korean League All Star game.

Overseas update page courtesy of ATL Dream. Dantas is listed near the bottom.
https://dream.wnba.com/2018-dream-overseas-updates/

Dantas current overseas photos courtesy of ATL Dream
https://dream.wnba.com/photos/damiris-dantas-overseas-photos-south-korea/

TigerVol

PostPosted: 02/08/19 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ATL Dream 2018 season review page of Dantas
https://dream.wnba.com/news/damiris-dantas-season-recap/

Quote:
A lot of people pointed to the injury sustained by Angel McCoughtry was the biggest detriment to the team not moving past Washington in the 2018 WNBA Semifinals. What was not discussed was the Atlanta Dream losing Damiris Dantas for the second half of the season due to a season-ending ankle injury, which was also a huge loss of an important rotation player.

I’m tearing up right now. Huge loss last season. Even bigger loss for them this season.

Quote:
When healthy, Dantas showed coach Nicki Collen and her staff what she can do. Her 10 points in eight minutes against the Indiana Fever on July 13, her last game of the season, was an impressive performance and helped lead the Dream to a win. A 6-3 forward that can shoot, DD was missed, especially against the Mystics in the Playoffs.

Wonder why the ATL fans didn’t care for her enough to want to keep her?

Quote:
After having surgery in August, Dantas has been rehabbing and is looking forward to playing ball overseas in South Korea this offseason for KDB Life Winnus.

She seems to be doing well, although the Korean sites are difficult to read (awhom, help)

Averaging about 20/10 and was in Korean League All Star game.

Overseas update page courtesy of ATL Dream. Dantas is listed near the bottom.
https://dream.wnba.com/2018-dream-overseas-updates/

Dantas current overseas photos courtesy of ATL Dream
https://dream.wnba.com/photos/damiris-dantas-overseas-photos-south-korea/

I like Dantas - agree it was a big loss last year and am sad she isn't back!

I still think she was banged up most of last season even before the final injury and we didn't get many games with her fully healthy.

I think some fans based their evaluation of her ability off of her ability at far less than 100%.

It is a good pic up for the lynx.

PostPosted: 02/08/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like DD, but Billings had moved ahead of her even before she got hurt.

PostPosted: 02/08/19 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I guess this is from March 2016. It might be of interest to those who are rude enough to think Maya is faking her level of Christianity.

http://myfaithradio.com/2016/maya-moore-real-joy-true-identity/

http://cdn.myfaithradio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/03/3-5-On-the-Road-Moore-Feeling-Gods-Pleasure.mp3
Quote:
“I could stop playing basketball today, and I would be OK.”

http://cdn.myfaithradio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/03/03-05_OnTheRoad.mp3

I was not rude enough to think Maya was faking her level of Christianity, I just wanted to listen to her. It was an awesome interview!!!

Randy

PostPosted: 02/08/19 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I agree. There is always the possibility that given more playing time a player might start to shine. Two players with 4 years in the WNBA. Which one would you pick to have a breakout season after moving to a new team?

MPG FG% 3P% FT% OREB DREB RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
Player N 13.7 46% 17% 70% 1.2 1.8 2.9 0.7 0.6 0.6 1.1 2.3 5.6
Player D 19.0 44% 28% 81% 1.2 2.8 4 0.9 0.5 0.3 0.8 2.1 6.7

Sad

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/08/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:

I agree. There is always the possibility that given more playing time a player might start to shine. Two players with 4 years in the WNBA. Which one would you pick to have a breakout season after moving to a new team?

MPG FG% 3P% FT% OREB DREB RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
Player N 13.7 46% 17% 70% 1.2 1.8 2.9 0.7 0.6 0.6 1.1 2.3 5.6
Player D 19.0 44% 28% 81% 1.2 2.8 4 0.9 0.5 0.3 0.8 2.1 6.7

Sad

Did Player N score 24 points to lead all scorers as part of the USA Select Team vs. Team USA game, and score 17 points & 8 rebounds in series clincher against Phoenix in Year 3, only to have an old vet signed to eat into her minutes the next year? 😃😡😂

Randy

PostPosted: 02/08/19 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you are on the right track. No worries, Player D had her career high against the Seattle Storm, and IIRC - led her team to a win that night. Could be the once and future team of Player D will enjoy such success as well.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/08/19 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think you are on the right track. No worries, Player D had her career high against the Seattle Storm, and IIRC - led her team to a win that night. Could be the once and future team of Player D will enjoy such success as well.

Layshia Clarendon won a Gold Medal after leaving the Dream so I guess not everybody can be a star on the DREAM TEAM. Very Happy

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:

Layshia Clarendon won a Gold Medal after leaving the Dream so I guess not everybody can be a star on the DREAM TEAM. Very Happy

I wish i could just pinch you sometimes Laughing

PostPosted: 02/09/19 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:

I wish i could just pinch you sometimes Laughing

Laysia was an All Star on the Dream Team, but her minutes were reduced when the Dream signed an older veteran player......and started winning games.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/09/19 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Laysia was an All Star on the Dream Team, but her minutes were reduced when the Dream signed an older veteran player......and started winning games.

The Dream Team is my nickname for Atlanta starting last year when I figured they'd be the top team in the WNBA last year (besides Seattle) due to not only hiring the COY, but signing superstar Renee Montgomery, along with Jessica Breland, so they weren't the Dream Team when Layshia was an All-Star. Smile

toad455

PostPosted: 02/11/19 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawks' Jeremy Lin supports Moore. Though I'm sure if he were making only $100k instead, Lin might have skipped a season as well.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2019/2/10/18219007/jeremy-lin-atlanta-hawks-maya-moore-interview-nba-basketball-wnba-calling?__twitter_impression=true

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 17 of 31

Jump to: