RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 NC State vs. UNC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/03/19 3:09 pm    ::: #7 NC State vs. UNC Reply Reply with quote

UNC up 43-40 with 4:21 to go in the 3rd.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/03/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC now up by 10 at the end of 3.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/03/19 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC up by 12 with ~5:00 to go in the game.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/03/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC up 62-51 with :44 to go.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/03/19 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final UNC wins 64-51.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/03/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First time seeing NCSt this season. Given coach Moore's reputation, I expected to see excellent execution with modest athletes. I certainly didn't see the former -- mainly just a bunch of ineffective outside heaving with little in the way of a sophisticated half court offense.
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/03/19 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Final UNC wins 64-51.

Nice win for the Tarheels! Second top 10 win. The test only gets tougher for NC State as they start playing ranked teams this week.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/03/19 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that Kea/Watts duo is fun, fun, fun to watch

Kea is the much more polish player then Watts, but Watts have the ability to score quickly in bunches. Kea is definitely gonna get drafted, question is, will it be late 1st or 2nd round?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/03/19 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess ND's loss to UNC was not remotely as bad as the haters wanted to exaggerate it to be.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 02/03/19 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

Kea is the much more polish player then Watts, but Watts have the ability to score quickly in bunches. Kea is definitely gonna get drafted, question is, will it be late 1st or 2nd round?

Watts is eligible for the draft herself but I don't believe she's on anybody's radar or has played herself into draft status.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/03/19 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Guess ND's loss to UNC was not remotely as bad as the haters wanted to exaggerate it to be.

BWAHAHAHA!

I KNEW this was coming.

NC ST was never as good as their unbeaten record might indicate to some, even before the key injuries they've suffered. It was just a matter of time before they lost, most knew.

But thanks for that.

PostPosted: 02/03/19 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

BWAHAHAHA!

I KNEW this was coming.

NC ST was never as good as their unbeaten record might indicate to some, even before the key injuries they've suffered. It was just a matter of time before they lost, most knew.

But thanks for that.

Yeah, it was "only a matter of time" because they have FSU, Syracuse, ND and LVille coming up shortly. Don't even pretend you thought UNC was good enough to beat them.

I notice you didn't pick UNC in your pick em contest considering how totally overrated you now claim you considered NCSt to be. Fraud, or just coward?

Yeah, I knew someone would come back with this silly response that, well, NCSt was never any good anyhow. I say "nice try", but it really isn't.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/03/19 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

BWAHAHAHA!

I KNEW this was coming.

But thanks for that.

Yeah, it was "only a matter of time" because they have FSU, Syracuse, ND and LVille coming up shortly. Don't even pretend you thought UNC was good enough to beat them.

I notice you didn't pick UNC in your pick em contest considering how totally overrated you now claim you considered NCSt to be. Fraud, or just coward?

Yeah, I knew someone would come back with this silly response that, well, NCSt was never any good anyhow. I say "nice try", but it really isn't.

Why bother, Art? You look foolish.

PostPosted: 02/04/19 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
First time seeing NCSt this season. Given coach Moore's reputation, I expected to see excellent execution with modest athletes. I certainly didn't see the former -- mainly just a bunch of ineffective outside heaving with little in the way of a sophisticated half court offense.

When NC State didn't trounce Duke, I knew it wouldn't be long before they lose.

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/04/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

BWAHAHAHA!

I KNEW this was coming.

But thanks for that.

Why bother, Art? You look foolish.

Must be why Charlie Creme today said the same thing I wrote yesterday:

"Sunday's win over NC State should erase the belief that Notre Dame's loss to the Tar Heels a week earlier was a "bad" defeat for the Irish."

I'd say YOU should be the one ashamed of how you look, but you've made it clear you have no shame.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/04/19 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Watts is eligible for the draft herself but I don't believe she's on anybody's radar or has played herself into draft status.

yeah i always liked her as a freshman, i think she should stay another year cuz the Talent is there just need another year for growth

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/06/19 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

When NC State didn't trounce Duke, I knew it wouldn't be long before they lose.

~rAf
linkster

PostPosted: 02/06/19 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="ArtBest23"][quote="cthskzfn"][quote="ArtBest23"]
cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

BWAHAHAHA!

I KNEW this was coming.

But thanks for that.

Yeah, every N Dame loss comes with a long and convoluted rationalization. Hell, they won't even acknowledge that Ogunbowale assaulted a player, TWICE in one game. To them it was Geno's fault and while the player apologized to her team and fans neither she nor the Irish faithful felt any need to apologize to the public in general. (After all, those people didn't go to school in S bend and are not at the same status. Right?) I remember a Irishite who is normally rational try to explain to me how UConn's win over N Dame in football didn't count because the Irish fired their coach after the season. I kid you not. Blind faith is a powerful thing.

I'm surprised that the school hasn't petitioned the AP/NCAA to put an asterisk next to their 2 losses.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/07/19 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stop giving them ideas, they are already the most pampered whiny team in the NCAA and you want to give them more Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: