Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Still seems likely it'll be Lavender or Vadeeva plus the #7 and someone else. Or they might include their 2020 first rounder if Liz can commit to come over next season.

That’s a table scraps deal compared to what the Aces can offer.

The Aces can offer a PG, a center, and if the Sparks don’t come to the table strong, they can make it a swap of first round picks instead of the #1 pick outright.

Or maybe not even get the #1 pick involved at all. Maybe one of Nared, Coffey, Hamby, or Harrison would be enough to complete the trade.

Who cares what the Aces can offer if the players aren’t very good either. Jefferson has been injured, and Plum imo is at best a complementary player in the league. The centers on the Aces roster hold little to no trade value, and everyone else on the roster that would be available are “table scraps”. Imo, if Vegas’ deal was so great, it probably would’ve happened by now.

The offer doesn't have to be amazing, it just has to be the best on the table.

True, but it’s the best on the table to them, not the best the table for you or another team or another coach. If Brian Agler things Jantel Lavender is the best player offered then it doesn’t matter than you or another poster or even another team thinks another player would be a better offer. Over the years Brian Agler has shown he prefers veteran players over rookies, so I don’t see him being all that appealed by draft picks or even 2nd or 3rd year players.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SPARKS
$440K for 5 currently signed players
That leaves about
$550K for 7 more players = $78,570/player
$550K for 6 more players = $91,670/player

Hardly “do whatever they want” territory for a team that’s used to being vet-heavy.
But maybe a new coach will be open to more young players.

$550,000
$115,000 CGray
$435,000
$110,000 Beard
$325,000 for 5 more players = $65,000/player
$325,000 for 4 more players = $81,250/player

Unsigned players from last season
Carson ($111K last season)
Sims... ($113K est value same as Williams)
Williams($113K last season)
#7 pick....$43K
$380,000 est worth of these 4 players

$55,000 they have to trim from above to balance the budget, just for 11 players like last year. That nearly matches the off season bonus, so creative accounting (Sims making $65K + big off season bonus) could come into play again.

Cambage is set to make $115,000. In order to add her, they’d need to remove a high salary player and get even more creative with the accounting, even at 11 players.

The Sparks have an entirely new coaching staff, how do you know if the new staff even wants all of the players listed to be able to make any type of judgment of what they need to do or will have available after signing players they want.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An 'offer' is worth nothing if the agent quietly transmits to the team that the player doesn't want to go there and just won't show up. At least in the NBA players want to play and get their money enough that they'll go virtually anywhere temporarily - so the team gets a chance to win over a 'rental' player while they're there. In this league there's just no point if the player's going to stay home unless sent to a specific place.

PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
The Sparks have an entirely new coaching staff, how do you know if the new staff even wants all of the players listed to be able to make any type of judgment of what they need to do or will have available after signing players they want.

I don’t think you bothered reading or following along the conversation. The point of making that post besides laying out the salary situations for people who appreciate that kind of effort (obviously not you), is to show that the Sparks can’t just “do whatever they want”. For instance, they can’t have everybody back from last year at the same salaries anyway. And if they want to go with 12 players, then things will look even more different. You’re welcome.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, the money isn't good enough for most to be in a shitty situation when you can probably earn more being in a shitty situation during the off season and having summers home.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/01/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

🙄

toad455

PostPosted: 02/01/19 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades,

🙄

Shades seems to having a breakdown because the core of the dynasty is gone and the Lynx will be in a rebuilding mode for several years.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/19 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Shades seems to having a breakdown because the core of the dynasty is gone and the Lynx will be in a rebuilding mode for several years.

No, it’s the outbreak of annoying posts directed at me. Add yours to the list.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/01/19 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

I don’t think you bothered reading or following along the conversation. The point of making that post besides laying out the salary situations for people who appreciate that kind of effort (obviously not you), is to show that the Sparks can’t just “do whatever they want”. For instance, they can’t have everybody back from last year at the same salaries anyway. And if they want to go with 12 players, then things will look even more different. You’re welcome.

You stated a team that is used to having veteran players, and that is the part I referenced with the new coaching staff. This staff is not used to having veteran players. So why point out this is a team that is used to having veteran players when it makes no sense to put the perefences of the previous staff on the new one.

And it’s obvious the Sparks can’t just do whatever they want, even if you didn’t make the post, it would be obvious, but they do have the flexibility to go many ways and are not tied down to certain players that would make it hard for the staff to shape the team in whatever way they want.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/01/19 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The most annoying person on the board is tired of annoying posts, LOL..

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/01/19 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA could still match Sims offer

I never thought Sims was going to Dallas to begin with but LA would need Sims to be on board to do a sign and trade. If you sign a RFA you can't trade her for a certain amount a time, so in a sign and trade they are basically agreeing to the trade destination when they sign.

Sims played for under market value last season maybe there was some sort of understanding she would be maxed this next contract and maybe that seemed less clear at this point, so Sims guarantees her self three years at the current max by signing the offer sheet. LA can still match they simply can give her Carson or William's money.

It doesn't have to affect the Cambage trade since LA can simply swap a max contract for a max contract if trading for Liz.

I think LA might match because it seems like poor asset management to let Sims go without trying to do a sign and trade with PX to get something in return, so maybe they were planning on going max but wanted the market to decide or Sims and PX just out maneuvered them.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/19 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
You stated a team that is used to having veteran players, and that is the part I referenced with the new coaching staff. This staff is not used to having veteran players. So why point out this is a team that is used to having veteran players when it makes no sense to put the perefences of the previous staff on the new one.

They do have the same GM, the longest tenured one at that.

Quote:
But maybe a new coach will be open to more young players.

I said this right with it. So we’re actually agreeing even though you’re making it sound like we’re not.

GEF34 wrote:
And it’s obvious the Sparks can’t just do whatever they want, even if you didn’t make the post, it would be obvious, but they do have the flexibility to go many ways and are not tied down to certain players that would make it hard for the staff to shape the team in whatever way they want.

Well, it might not have been so obvious to others who aren’t as familiar with the Sparks salary structure as you, so I made the effort to inform. Others may have benefited. Thanks for wasting my time in an argument over nothing.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/19 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
The most annoying person on the board is tired of annoying posts, LOL..

DEAD ! Laughing

PostPosted: 02/01/19 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455,

LOL....LMAO!!!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/01/19 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, let's keep things on topic please.

PostPosted: 02/02/19 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the .com website Phoenix's offer for Sims was matched and Samuelson was also resigned. Thought Gray would be resigned on day 1...

PostPosted: 02/03/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24,

That is because C. Gray is on her way to Dallas with a max contract that LA can't match....remember i said it first when it's announced 🤑

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
hangtyme24,

That is because C. Gray is on her way to Dallas with a max contract that LA can't match....remember i said it first when it's announced 🤑

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 02/03/19 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/03/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it a given that LA cannot match a max contract? If I were them I'd want Gray more than I'd want Sims.

PostPosted: 02/03/19 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
hangtyme24,

Is it ok if we remember it and it's not announced? Smile

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/03/19 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Is it a given that LA cannot match a max contract? If I were them I'd want Gray more than I'd want Sims.

If that’s the case, they might as well trade Gray and something else for Cambage.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/19 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

They’ll match it, if it’s even necessary.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/03/19 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
hangtyme24,

No way they match Sims without being able to resign Gray. Gray should retire in LA.

PostPosted: 02/03/19 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Is it a given that LA cannot match a max contract?

No. It's what's known as 'complete nonsense'.

PostPosted: 02/04/19 6:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy,

Sure, that's cool 🤓

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 9 of 32

Jump to: