RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

CNN: Jussie Smollett PAID Two Brothers to STAGE The Assault
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/29/19 12:38 pm    ::: CNN: Jussie Smollett PAID Two Brothers to STAGE The Assault Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"Empire" star Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked by 2 men who beat him up, put his head in a noose and screamed, "This is MAGA country."

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when he walked out, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?"

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country."

Jussie was taken to Northwestern Memorial where he was treated. He was discharged later Tuesday morning.

ThatGrapeJuice.Net first posted this letter which was sent to Fox Studios in Chicago with cut out letters spelling, "You will die black f**." Our sources say the letter was sent 8 days ago.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/29/empire-star-jussie-smollett-attacked-hospitalized-homophobic-hate-crime/

Last edited by Genero36 on 02/16/19 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/29/19 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/29/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZetbANGTdh4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZetbANGTdh4

PostPosted: 01/29/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/29/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta love those Trump supporters. The entire lot are racist, homophobic, anti-everything that isn’t white. They all make me completely sick.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/29/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Gotta love those Trump supporters. The entire lot are racist, homophobic, anti-everything that isn’t white. They all make me completely sick.

100%

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/29/19 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not saying this story, as it's been widely reported and commented on, is falling apart. But I'm not saying it isn't either.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/29/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I'm not saying this story, as it's been widely reported and commented on, is falling apart. But I'm not saying it isn't either.

The only thing that I've seen that is in question is about the "this is MAGA country" exclamation. The police originally refuted that part of the story, as it was not in their initial reports, just that he was the target of racist and homophobic slurs. However, they later updated their statement saying that they reached out to the victim and asked him about those claims, and he confirmed that it was, indeed, one of the things shouted at him as he was beat.

PostPosted: 01/30/19 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"This is MAGA country" was said in Chicago? Hard to believe:

Mexicans and ‘Hispanics’, now the largest minority in Chicago (whites being the 2nd largest "minority")

Demographics of Chicago

Quote:
The Chicago metropolitan area has the third largest African American population, behind only New York City and Atlanta.

Political party strength in Illinois

Quote:
Illinois is a Democratic stronghold in presidential elections and one of the three largest Democratic states in the nation alongside California and New York.

and the state's reputation as a blue state rests upon the fact that the majority of its population and political power is concentrated in Chicago, Cook County, and the Chicago metropolitan area.

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/30/19 3:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since when are the MAGA dumbasses rational? I'm sure these wastes of flesh weren't pondering the demographic breakdown of Chicago as they were beating, terrorizing, and hurling racists and homophobic insults...

PostPosted: 01/30/19 3:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're really going to stereotype these homophobic racist thugs as being dumbasses?
Harsh.

PostPosted: 01/30/19 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Your brush is a bit broad, even broader than Hillary's brush. I wish Hillary had said "Some" instead of "Half" of Trump supporters belong in a basket of deplorables.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/30/19 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Since when are the MAGA dumbasses rational? I'm sure these wastes of flesh weren't pondering the demographic breakdown of Chicago as they were beating, terrorizing, and hurling racists and homophobic insults...

What do Trump supporters do or say that is irrational? I hope it isn't as bad as: "I support our immigration law, but don't want it enforced - and that's not because I want to pay for illegal workers instead of American workers. In fact, I am concerned about the low salaries of American workers". Or, "I am for more 'border security', but would never support a wall or fence on the border".

At this point, we do have the confusing issue of two guys who hate blacks so much they purposely go out (bringing a noose and bleach) at 2AM on a day that Accuweather reports had a high of 11 degrees and a low of -9 degrees looking to attack them, *and* they watch Empire. Although, if you want to wear a ski mask to hide your identity in the commission of a crime, a day where it goes below zero is perfect for avoiding suspicion.

Last edited by tfan on 01/30/19 10:06 am; edited 13 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 01/30/19 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

You have to remember that not everyone can be full of love and sunshine.

Blacks and Hispanics are primarily Democrats. Trump's exit poll numbers were typical for a Republican in this day and age: 29% of Hispanic vote, 8% of black vote.

But if you are only referring to people who bought Trump 2016 campaign hats, even they aren't all white.

Genero36

PostPosted: 01/30/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whichever way I turn, I keep reading or hearing some supporter of that toupee fiasco say that this is a hoax.

I really and truly don't have time with these basement dwelling, undersexed, social misfit conspiracy theorists. Everything is not a fucking conspiracy! Wake the fuck up and realize how much hate and ignorance has been off the chain in the past few years because of a certain demographic's jealousy/anger about President Obama and Drumpf giving all ignorant, hateful, miserable, bitter, evil creatures a platform to be as buck and out of control as they wanna be!

I really can't with fucking ignorance! Why can't people just let folks live their lives if they aren't harming others or spreading evil, negative energy? How the fuck does my gender ruin your life? How does my race ruin your life? How does my sexual orientation ruin your life? How does my religious views affect your life?!!

I am sick and tired of the racial and religious ignorance in this fucked up ass land! Throw the whole damn country away! My black ass need to be living over in Canada, some liberal European country, or Japan or some shit. There has GOT to be a better country than the U.S. because if this is as good as it gets...

PostPosted: 01/30/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

POLICE TO RELEASE SURVEILLANCE VIDEO IN JUSSIE SMOLLETT ATTACK, REPORT SAYS

Quote:
Update: 6:40 p.m. EST Jan. 30: Police are expected to release surveillance video of two “persons of interest” in the attack early Tuesday morning on actor Jussie Smollett, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/30/19 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This happened in what is one of the wealthiest - if not the wealthiest - neighborhoods in Chicago. It is just of the "Magnificent Mile" and a few blocks from my office.

Scary shit.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/31/19 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
This happened in what is one of the wealthiest - if not the wealthiest - neighborhoods in Chicago. It is just of the "Magnificent Mile" and a few blocks from my office.

Scary shit.

Wealthy white boys love Donald.

Honestly, in my experience, more so than poor white boys.

The idea that Donald was ever some champion of the poor was a myth. He was a champion of the wealthy, racist and stupid.

PostPosted: 01/31/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Scary shit.

Wealthy white boys love Donald.

Honestly, in my experience, more so than poor white boys.

There is a Chicago TV reporter who is tweeting about this incident and he said (and it hasn't been retracted):

https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/status/1090374890073530369

Quote:
NEW: @ABC reports Jussie Smollett told police his attackers concealed their faces and he did not identify the attackers by race. 1/2

Quote:
The idea that Donald was ever some champion of the poor was a myth. He was a champion of the wealthy, racist and stupid.

He has followed through, although ineffectively, on both his "populist" issues. They weren't empty promises. On the other contemporary issue for the poor - healthcare - Trump was campaigning on replacing Obamacare "with something better". But since he ultimately only turned that over to the Republicans to repeal, it could be said that any concern for the poor in regard to healthcare was a myth.

Last edited by tfan on 01/31/19 9:28 am; edited 6 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 01/31/19 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Police release photos of "persons of interest" in attack

Quote:
Chicago has one of the nation’s most sophisticated and extensive video surveillance systems, including thousands of cameras on street poles, skyscrapers, buses and in train tunnels.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/31/19 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
justintyme wrote:

What do Trump supporters do or say that is irrational?
I hope it isn't as bad as: "I support our immigration law, but don't want it enforced - and that's not because I want to pay for illegal workers instead of American workers. In fact, I am concerned about the low salaries of American workers". Or, "I am for more 'border security', but would never support a wall or fence on the border".

Laughing Laughing Oh, myyy....of all the posters here at Reb's, I don't think I've ever seen such an IRRATIONAL, stilted obsession with immigration. As if that's the crux of our lives here. This thread IS about a hate crime. Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile, to address your query re: Trump/supporter irrationalities, you really need help recognizing the constant barrage of that shit??

*Donald Trump himself (and parroted by his deplorables): "What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!"
*He sez: “Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school,” re: Iran, N. Korea, Russia
*Sarah Sanders says 'God wanted Trump to be president'
*Stephen Bannon said he was "doing the Lord's work." in his service.
*Mitch McConnell says suggested Election Day holiday is Dem 'power grab,', cuz, ya....MORE people voting isn't good for Democracy.
*ILLEGAL immigrants are coming out of the woodwork of Trump's own clubs/employee lists.

That's just a couple of recent gems from the past 48 hours. There's not enough capacity here at Rebs to get it all in.

PostPosted: 01/31/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. It's like some of you are just WAITING to be misinformed so you can project hatred and vitriol towards people you disagree with. Seriously, just grasp at ANYTHING at this point! I'm not saying it's all of you... you know who you are.

This story has all the credibility of the Buzzfeed story that ran on the 18th (and I had to endure watching people fight about it in Detroit at the airport for 3 hours because they have CNN on the big screens). Maybe this guy really was attacked, but by random Trump supporters in Chicago yelling "This is MAGA country?" You have to be a special kind of stupid to believe some bullshit like that.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/31/19 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Wow. It's like some of you are just WAITING to be misinformed so you can project hatred and vitriol towards people you disagree with. Seriously, just grasp at ANYTHING at this point! I'm not saying it's all of you... you know who you are.

This story has all the credibility of the Buzzfeed story that ran on the 18th (and I had to endure watching people fight about it in Detroit at the airport for 3 hours because they have CNN on the big screens). Maybe this guy really was attacked, but by random Trump supporters in Chicago yelling "This is MAGA country?" You have to be a special kind of stupid to believe some bullshit like that.

Why did you have to go and perfectly articulate everything I was thinking? What gives you the right? I had a perfectly good animated Brian Cranston disgusted gif just ready to go. Now you've burst the bubble. Or pimple.

PostPosted: 01/31/19 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A woman who lives in Jussie Smollett's apartment building told cops she saw a suspicious man -- whom she said looked like a "*******" -- loitering just outside the entrance to the building an hour and a half before Jussie says he was attacked.

The woman -- who asked us not to use her name -- tells TMZ, she walked out of the building at 12:30 AM Tuesday to take her dogs out and saw the man near the door, pacing between the parking garage and entrance, looking agitated and smoking a cigarette. She says, "He looked out of place." He was a white man with scruff on his face wearing a blue winter beanie, a blue zip-up sweatshirt with a hood and blue jeans that were too short, exposing "thick, grey hunting socks" with camel-colored dress shoes.

She says she noticed what looked like a rope, or a clothesline, protruding from the bottom of his sweatshirt, made of white and blue material.

She says he was staring at another man about 300 feet away, who was standing near another entrance to the building.

She says she got "creeped out" by the man, and after 5 minutes she retreated back into the building.

The woman says she went to sleep and woke up at 4 AM to go to the gym, and noticed a lot of security. She says the concierge told her Jussie was attacked, and when she told him what she saw, the concierge implored her to call a detective and gave her two phone numbers. She made contact that afternoon and downloaded a detective.

As we reported, cops have released photos of 2 persons of interest. We do not know if one of them is the person the woman saw.

Chicago PD sources tell us they have looked at numerous videos in the area in question, but have not seen any footage of an altercation.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: