RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Weather related issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BallState1984

PostPosted: 01/29/19 2:30 pm    ::: Weather related issues Reply Reply with quote

NAIA Taylor moved a game scheduled for Jan 30 to tonight and I just got a voice mail from Ball State telling me the game with Buffalo tomorrow has been postponed to Feb 20. Even though the forecasts in my area are all over the map on intensity, it is supposed to be stupid dangerous cold tomorrow night in the Midwest.

I remember walking to work in 1990 give or take a year because I could not get my car out of the garage when it was -24 but I was much younger then. I still have snow skills but I don't do cold. Just wondering how many more games are getting the hook due to extreme cold?

PostPosted: 01/30/19 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only MAC game remaining on tonight's schedule is Miami at Ohio. Ohio University cancelled classes today but the university is still open. We're on the southern edge of the cold temps, and it's currently a balmy 6 degrees.

Other postponements in addition to Buffalo at Ball State are Central Michigan at Bowling Green, postponed to February 20, and Western Michigan at Northern Illinois, postponed to January 31.

Toledo, Kent State, Akron, and Eastern Michigan already had scheduled byes for this week.

The Bobcats probably were tempted to postpone this one, as they are pretty banged up. One starter was a DNP last Saturday with a foot injury, and another was injured late in that game. The RedHawks have plenty of depth this year, and will be a tough matchup tonight.

PostPosted: 01/30/19 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised we haven't heard about more postponements.

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/30/19 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't heard about more postponements.

Me too!! It's crazy cold out!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/30/19 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tomorrow's Penn State @ Michigan State game has been PPD to Feb. 27.

https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/1/30/womens-basketball-thursdays-wbb-game-at-michigan-state-postponed-to-feb-27.aspx

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/01/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa at Michigan got postponed from last night to today at noon EST.

Phil

PostPosted: 02/01/19 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And MI pulled the upset. Wonder if the delay factored in?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/03/19 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
And MI pulled the upset. Wonder if the delay factored in?

Could be. One thing that the extra 17 hours helped in Michigan’s favor was getting Nicole Munger (team captain) back on the court after losing her early vs Michigan State to an ankle sprain. The Wolverines also dominated on the boards and had three players match or set career highs (two off of the bench).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: