RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/24/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if anyone missed Rachel last night (1/23), & you're interested in hearing Sen. Harris speak to issues & her past actions as CA AG, go check it out!

there's a long way to go before the primary & convention, & i'll be closely listening to the candidates & their policies, but Sen Harris is looking & sounding very strong!

PostPosted: 01/24/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
if anyone missed Rachel last night (1/23), & you're interested in hearing Sen. Harris speak to issues & her past actions as CA AG, go check it out!

there's a long way to go before the primary & convention, & i'll be closely listening to the candidates & their policies, but Sen Harris is looking & sounding very strong!

Listening is very important.

Similarly, Kirsten Gillibrand had a long interview on "Pod Save America" where she discusses a lot of policy ideas and some of the things that people have attacked her for as well.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/24/19 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

Similarly, Kirsten Gillibrand had a long interview on "Pod Save America" where she discusses a lot of policy ideas and some of the things that people have attacked her for as well.

unfortunately, the Al Franken situation is going to stick hard against her. right or wrong, she's the one taking the heat.

PostPosted: 01/24/19 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

unfortunately, the Al Franken situation is going to stick hard against her. right or wrong, she's the one taking the heat.

It is typical that women are blamed for men's behavior.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/25/19 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elizabeth Warren proposes 'wealth tax' on Americans with more than $50 million in assets

I think something should be done about the massive amount of wealth people can accumulate these days (while the bottom sees jobs sent overseas and competition from an illegal workforce) but it seems like government confiscation if you do it on assets, versus raising income taxes and/or the inheritance tax to what they were in decades past. They also should make employee stock option profits taxable at the same rate as salary, as least for the high-paid managers.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/25/19 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.salon.com/2019/01/24/2020-democratic-race-here-is-the-truth-about-kamala-harris-background-as-a-prosecutor_partner/

Quote:
If she wins her party's presidential nomination, she's likely to receive criticism from both the left and the right

pilight

PostPosted: 01/25/19 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://voteojeda.com/

Quote:
I'm running for President so working class citizens have a voice in our government. I'm sick and tired of seeing ordinary people struggle while their public servants get rich feeding at the trough.

Ojeda drops out

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/25/richard-ojeda-president-drops-out/

Quote:
I don’t want to see people send money to a campaign that’s probably not going to get off the ground

PostPosted: 01/25/19 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Get ready for Bernie

https://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-set-announce-2020-presidential-run-234647684.html

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/26/19 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Get ready for Bernie

https://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-set-announce-2020-presidential-run-234647684.html

He’s just ruining Warren’s chances.

He couldn’t win being the only member of that side of the party. What does he think is going to happen this time?

Hoping Biden stays the hell out.

PostPosted: 01/26/19 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Get ready for Bernie

The dinosaurs cancelling each other out can only be a good thing. Baby Boomers need to get out of the way so we can make progress.

Quote:
He couldn’t win being the only member of that side of the party. What does he think is going to happen this time?

One might have asked the same about Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Maybe this time the party won't rig the results.

Quote:

Agreed!

PostPosted: 01/26/19 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Get ready for Bernie

Bernie needs to go into hiding. If he couldn't get nomination over Hillary....

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/26/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

The purity test? What exactly did Franken do to warrant his demise?

Which woman is blamed for Trump's bullshit?

PostPosted: 01/26/19 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.tulsi2020.com/

Quote:
America isn’t an old idea in a history book or the memory of a lost generation. America doesn’t live in a building on Capitol Hill. It is a spirit—in each of our hearts, containing all the principles that as Americans we hold dear—love, honor, service, justice, opportunity and freedom.

We must rise now to create a new and different path that reclaims our destiny and restores the uniquely American ideal, to seek a higher purpose greater than ourselves, to put service before self. That is the cause that calls to every American today. That is the cause that Tulsi is offering to lead

PostPosted: 01/26/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

The pictures of him groping sleeping women, along with...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/07/al-franken-news-list-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations.html

Typically either Hillary, Nancy, or Foxnews’ new favorite witch, AOC, are blamed for Donald’s bullshit.

PostPosted: 01/26/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Get ready for Bernie

The dinosaurs cancelling each other out can only be a good thing. Baby Boomers need to get out of the way so we can make progress.

Quote:

One might have asked the same about Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Maybe this time the party won't rig the results.

!

Im Referring to the “progressive” part of the party, that is smaller and not as popular with democratic voters. Bernie had that block all to himself in 2016, but him and Warren will split it.

Agree about the boomers. Dems win with the young charismatic types. And I’m saying that as someone who has wanted Hillary as president for the past 15 years.

PostPosted: 01/27/19 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard Schultz has told 60 minutes (to air tomorrow) that he is considering a run, but only as an independent. An Atlantic writer is concerned he would do well enough to influence the election:

Ex–Starbucks CEO Could Get Trump Re-elected

tfan

PostPosted: 01/27/19 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

Typically either Hillary, Nancy, or Foxnews’ new favorite witch, AOC, are blamed for Donald’s bullshit.
'

Hillary Clinton hasn't been in office since Trump was elected. How was she blamed for something that he did? AOC has only been in office a few weeks. What was she blamed for with regard to Trump?

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/27/19 4:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Howard Schultz has told 60 minutes (to air tomorrow) that he is considering a run, but only as an independent. An Atlantic writer is concerned he would do well enough to influence the election:

Ex–Starbucks CEO Could Get Trump Re-elected

Shultz would hurt Trump more than a Democrat if he ran. His platform is fiscally conservative entitlement reform (he considers the national debt the worst problem facing America).

He opposes single payer healthcare and a national jobs program, so he is not going to bleed off dem voters. Rather the person this sort of message would appeal to is a fiscal conservative who thinks Trump is vile but could never vote for a Democrat due to fundamental differences in viewpoints.

PostPosted: 01/27/19 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

'

Hillary Clinton hasn't been in office since Trump was elected. How was she blamed for something that he did? AOC has only been in office a few weeks. What was she blamed for with regard to Trump?

Graham literally just tried to open another probe into her emails. AOC an Hillary are distractions usually.

Currently people are trying to blame Nancy for the shutdown.

PostPosted: 01/27/19 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://voteojeda.com/

Quote:
I'm running for President so working class citizens have a voice in our government. I'm sick and tired of seeing ordinary people struggle while their public servants get rich feeding at the trough.

Ojeda is out.

PostPosted: 01/27/19 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/07/al-franken-news-list-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations.html

This is one I find utterly amusing---Franken---by virtue of contrasting him with, oh....I dunno....Trump? I mean, Franken was way out of line, and with little kerfuffle, he resigns. Good. But DONALD is taped coaching in the tactic of pussy-groping, has multiple women with substantial claims against him....and HE get's ELECTED. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/27/19 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

This is one I find utterly amusing---Franken---by virtue of contrasting him with, oh....I dunno....Trump? I mean, Franken was way out of line, and with little kerfuffle, he resigns. Good. But DONALD is taped coaching in the tactic of pussy-groping, has multiple women with substantial claims against him....and HE get's ELECTED. Laughing Laughing Laughing

My opinion is unchanged. He should not have resigned.

PostPosted: 01/27/19 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamala Harris Draws Massive Crowd of 20,000+ To Campaign Kick Off

Quote:
Harris might be the Democratic favorite at this moment, but she has the look and message of a solid candidate who will be around for a long time.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/28/19 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

My opinion is unchanged. He should not have resigned.

Well, if we use the comparative analysis of President v. Senator, ya....he shoulda hung around. I view his gesture to do so as taking The High Road, with the groundswell of that current time pressuring him to do it. I still miss him!

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/28/19 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

By "pictures of him groping sleeping women", do you mean, THE pic of him PRETENDING to grope A sleeping womAn?

And the other ACCUSATIONS are for "squeezing" and kissing too forcefully during a KISSING acting scene.

Fuck the purity test. We lost a very good progressive due to kneejerk reactionary bs, imo, and Gillibrand will pay the price, if i have my way.
Smile

I have never heard the women you mention, or any woman, be blamed for Trump being a toxic narcissistic moronic traitorous asshole.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 2 of 43

Jump to: