RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/24/19 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight,

I saw this because our backs are against the wall, so to speak, all of WNBA Nation are watching and waiting to see how ownership and management handle this crisis, fans here are watching this second by second, hour by hour and I assure you there is major pressures

being felt by the organization not screw this up, plus Brian Aglar is here to put his input in whereas Greg Bibb would usually mess things up even worse, so taking all those things into account, I think alot of people who are hoping my team will be a complete failure this season are going to be very disappointed in the end!!!

canadaball

PostPosted: 01/24/19 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somehow I have got to believe that, sitting with the #1 pick, "Trader Bill" Lambeer is going to get in the Cambege mix. Though there are indications Cam's preferred destination is LA, Las Vegas could make a run at her. Here is an article from last year https://www.goerie.com/sports/20180707/mgm-gives-las-vegas-aces-boost-in-wnba which discusses the franchise's desire to attract free agents. The deep pocketed owner, MGM Resorts, offers luxury condos, free show tickets etc; in addition, playing in no state income tax Nevada would save Cam $5-10k over high tax California. Should direct recruiting fail, Las Vegas could still be involved in 3 way discussions. Given that Agler comes directly from the Sparks, it is quite possible there is negative chemistry which would preclude a direct Dallas-LA trade. Enter Mr. Bill. I believe that if Dallas could get the #1 pick coupled with their own #5, a promising future might result.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/24/19 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think we are over thinking this. Moore for Cambage - one player that may or may not show up next year or ever for another.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/24/19 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Moore sitting out 2019. Doubt she's traded until next offseason.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 01/24/19 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
The deep pocketed owner, MGM Resorts, offers luxury condos, free show tickets etc.

Seems like free show tickets could be outside the list of perks owners can provide players (rent, car).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/24/19 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
Somehow I have got to believe that, sitting with the #1 pick, "Trader Bill" Lambeer is going to get in the Cambege mix. Though there are indications Cam's preferred destination is LA, Las Vegas could make a run at her. Here is an article from last year https://www.goerie.com/sports/20180707/mgm-gives-las-vegas-aces-boost-in-wnba which discusses the franchise's desire to attract free agents. The deep pocketed owner, MGM Resorts, offers luxury condos, free show tickets etc; in addition, playing in no state income tax Nevada would save Cam $5-10k over high tax California. Should direct recruiting fail, Las Vegas could still be involved in 3 way discussions. Given that Agler comes directly from the Sparks, it is quite possible there is negative chemistry which would preclude a direct Dallas-LA trade. Enter Mr. Bill. I believe that if Dallas could get the #1 pick coupled with their own #5, a promising future might result.

*Cough Cough*

Draft Big T at #1
Then pick the best of the rest likely

Durr
KLS
Brown
Ogunbowale
Ionescu

Or Trade #5 for Vet PG if we haven't signed one already Cool

PostPosted: 01/24/19 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bump

PostPosted: 01/24/19 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LV could offer #1 Jefferson and Harrison without really hurting there team and adding Cambage to Wilson, McBride and Plum puts them in a great place

LV
Plum/Allen
McBride/Nared
Young/Coffey
Wilson/Hamby/Park
Cambage/Swords/Bone

Dallas

Jefferson/(Diggins-Smith)
Gray/Hill/Davis
Stevens/KLS or Collier at #5
Johnson/Harrison/Thorton
#1 McCowan/Plaisance

Here's the thing, that makes both teams look really good after the trade, and there would be no need to get a 3rd team like Chicago involved, which makes me wonder if including LV and NY on the leaked wish list is just a ploy to make LA have to come correct with their offer and not try to low ball because they know they are really the only place Cambage will want to go.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/25/19 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah after i revisited that thought #1 wouldn't be enough for Cambage in this years draft. Maybe Chicago getting involved to possibly give us #4 as well in some scenario?

PostPosted: 01/25/19 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think LA will risk trading one of their core star players for someone who may or may not show up. It would take a major leap of faith. NY doesn't have much to offer other than the #2 pick, so LVA is probably in the position to offer Dallas the best package for Cambage. The more interesting question is do you take it? Making trades isn't only about how much you can get back, but it's also about preventing your rivals from getting too strong. The combination of Cambage and Wilson, backed by other decent young players and coached by Laimbeer looks pretty scary -- like kick your ass for years to come, dynasty scary. Of course, Cambage might not show up every year. However, if you're Greg Bibb and Brian Agler, do you want to create this monster and just hope for the best? Are you going to be able to build a team yourself that can defeat them? I can't wait to see what they end up doing.

PostPosted: 01/25/19 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bear in mind that we've got one season left before the new CBA. A CBA that may well finally see the end of the core designation. There'll probably be some way for existing teams to encourage their star players to stay - because that's been the M.O. in both NBA and WNBA agreements for ages - but there's a decent chance you won't be able to 'trap' them the same way. So if you've got a star who's past 6 years in the league (although that limit could change as well), then you better either have them under contract for a while, or be certain that they want to be there. Otherwise, maybe it's a good time to cash in before your star gets to walk away for nothing.

PostPosted: 01/26/19 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing,

I would gladly take Jefferson, Harrison and the Aces #1 pick in the upcoming draft because we could do alot with that pick plus the #5 we have.

Either way, I'm just ready for the decisions to be made, so my team can move on, and the rest of you can stop kissing Liz's ass to the point of it being utterly-rediculous, making it seem as if the league itself will come to a screeching hault or not even be worth anyone watching, either in person or on TV if Liz Cambage is not in the equation....I just don't get it!!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/26/19 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
root_thing,

I would gladly take Jefferson, Harrison and the Aces #1 pick in the upcoming draft because we could do alot with that pick plus the #5 we have.

Either way, I'm just ready for the decisions to be made, so my team can move on, and the rest of you can stop kissing Liz's ass to the point of it being utterly-rediculous, making it seem as if the league itself will come to a screeching hault or not even be worth anyone watching, either in person or on TV if Liz Cambage is not in the equation....I just don't get it!!!

I'm guessing that if Dallas gets #1, they would be giving up #5 as part of the deal. But getting Jefferson, Harrison, and #1 for Cambage and #5 seems like a reasonable deal.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 01/27/19 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be very happy if Dallas can get

DD/Nneka or Gabby/Nneka without giving up Diggins, Stevens or the #5 pk.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/27/19 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This deal is going to be very hard to complete because you have to make additional evaluations that usually don't exist.

1) Cambage's worth based on talent, performance, and age. This would be the normal assessment needed for any trade

2) The discount to be squeezed from Dallas for being under the gun

3) The discount needed to account for Cambage's history of absences

4) The drop-dead level at which Dallas decides a trade will do more harm than good so they simply let Cambage sit-out

As an aside, I would also point out that Cambage has a significant injury history that needs to be folded into either point #1 or #3. I would also warn any prospective 3rd party teams to be very careful. Atlanta got a mild positive out of facilitating the Fowles deal by unloading over-the-hill de Souza for Dantes and Gray. However, NY created a disaster for themselves when they acquired Sidney Spencer for a 1st Round pick that became Tina Charles. And for what? To facilitate the Noel Quinn deal.

PostPosted: 01/27/19 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle,

We're keeping that #5 or no deal!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/19 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle,

PostPosted: 01/28/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle,

gl!

- Amanda Gorman
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/28/19 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

☹️

pilight

PostPosted: 01/29/19 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1090417921128648704

Quote:
Sources have confirmed that the NY/Chicago trade is out as a potential landing spot for Liz Cambage. The two teams who remain in the mix have continued to strengthen their offers.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
Sources have confirmed that the NY/Chicago trade is out as a potential landing spot for Liz Cambage. The two teams who remain in the mix have continued to strengthen their offers.

So it's LA or Vegas now for Liz. Curious what else either team is throwing at Dallas now?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/29/19 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does this Rachel Galligan really have inside information? Her day job is Director of Basketball Operations at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix). Who does she know?

PostPosted: 01/29/19 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

So CHI was only in it to make the Liberty trade offer work? That’s a weird dynamic.

If LVA is a legit destination, they should be able to outbid the Sparks pretty easily.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

The only trade I can come up with for NY/Chi?Dallas is

Nurse and #2 to Chicago

Deshields and #4 to Dallas

Camabge to NY

and even then I feel like Dallas might just take Nurse and #2, but I am thinking back to Deshields wanting to go to Dallas last draft so maybe that would be in the mix. From a NY fan point of view I like Cambage enough to consider that move Charles and Cambage would be a great front court and you can probably fill some holes with free agency that you would have been filling with the draft pick but if Liz decide not to show after 19 watching the #2 pick and Nurse develop in Chicago would be hard pill to swallow.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/BlakeDuDonis/status/1087887700299010049

Quote:
On Liz Cambage: I think she was just done being the wind under someone else’s wings & has a fever to move on. What sparked this? Maybe wanting the liberty to be free?

She is clearly ready to be an ace in the hand and this storm has been brewing. While I hope she doesn’t fly too close to the sun, she may get as close as mercury. Who knows though; only a mystic can see the future.

Her addition may be a pipe dream for some, even if many will try to find a lynx to their favorite squad, but whoever gets her, the sky is the limit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 20 of 44

Jump to: