RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/22/19 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage basically said she wanted to play in LA during the draft, and the rumors have re-surfaced through the years, my guess is that even if there are other teams on the list LA would be options 1, 2 and 3, with the other teams being 4 , 5 and 6.

I think since Dallas fans want more and LA fans and observers think N. Ogwumike is too much for a player who might show in 19 and than never again N. Ogwumike for Cambage seems right on the money.

If I am Dallas I am not taking a combination of parts like Sims, who is already proven a poor match with Diggins-Smith a completely unproven Vadeeva or a past her prime borderline starter like Lavender.

the only other LA offer I would consider (because I don't believe LA would give up N. Ogwumike and something else of any value) would be C. Gray and the #7 pick, I would probably take that if I were Dallas, C. Gray and Diggins-Smith could probably play together in the future and #7 would be decent, but I probably wouldn't offer that if I was LA. For one thinh I think the combo of C. Gray, Parker, and Cambage makes a lot more sense thean the combination of Ogwumike, Parker and Cambage, though there would be worse problems to have, and I think short term Ogwumike is a much better piece for Dallas to match with Diggins-Smith and replace Cambage's production with than C. Gray and #7.

The other places I think could be on Cambage's list would be

LV, PX and Seattle

LV could offer the #1 pick, Jefferson and Harrison that would be a strong offer but I still don't think any of those players will ever be as good as N. Ogwumike, but it is enough to force LA's hand in my opinion to offer the former MVP straight up for Cambage.

PX could put something together like Bonner, Turner and #8

Seattle could offer Howard and Loyd, that would be pretty tempting

But I am sticking with LA being really the only team Liz really wants to go to, and N. Ogwumike being the right price, the right piece for Agler and Diggins-Smith, and the right place because of her TX connections, it all just fits too well.

LA is favored to win the Championship in 19, maybe 20 and 21 (Because I think Liz takes 2020 off to prepare for the Olympics and avoid injury).

And Dallas becomes a Legit contender with its new coach and pieces in 20, 21, and 22.

Neither team can ask for more IMO than what they will get from that deal.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 01/22/19 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/22/19 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LA fans thinking since Fred is their new AC Liz and Sky will follow him Laughing. Aye yi yi if only the outside fans knew the truth smh.

I’m just curious what you mean, since I read on Twitter Liz only wants to go to LA. I don’t follow them closely so I thought she and Fred got along fine.

Cambage was pissed when Williams got fired last year and was quite vocal about it. They had hit it off and were quite close.

After he was fired, she started talking about not coming back to play and about the low pay, etc. Fred was hired on as an LA assistant, and she demanded a trade basically the same day.

Yeah, they get along fine.

The AP also reported on all of this.

Do you rememebr the playoff game before and after? When she stated she would not be returning to Dallas next season then less than 24 hrs later she changed her mind saying how much she "Loves this team" and she wants to bring "Dallas a championship" ? Yeah that type of BS is what makes this less painful. She may change her mind tomorrow or on valentines day and stay with the Wings smh who knows? Who cares at this point? The fact is all of this was AFTER Fred had got the can.

PostPosted: 01/23/19 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Shocked Dallas would be getting an amazing deal there. I hope the Storm take a hard pass on Cambage. We have a good thing going and great chemistry. I'd hate to see them blow it up for the Cambage drama.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/23/19 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In order to get equal hard-to-determine value for Cambage, there needs to be another good player who wants out or who the coach doesn’t like/want. Like when Pondexter wanted a trade and Dupree was unhappy in Chicago. Which becomes even less likely if only one team is given as the destination. Otherwise you are like Chicago with Fowles (Chatman actually threw in a 2nd round pick) - the team they want to go is in the driver’s seat. You have to take either nothing, or whatever deal they offer. The max they offer is dependent on how much they want her and how Dallas views having Cambage sit out the season, or even the rest of her career.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/23/19 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would Phoe want Cambage when they already have Griner?

Why would Seattle break up a championship team for Cambage?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/23/19 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Why would Phoe want Cambage when they already have Griner?

Why would Seattle break up their championship team for Cambage?

I never actually said they would

I simply tried to imagine what other teams could be on Cambage's list, and what the best slash realistic offer they could make would be. Right after listing those ideas I went right back to the LA trade being the right one.

I agree that PX and Seattle makes a lot less sense for Cambage or any real kind of trade.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 01/23/19 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

You've got to be fucking kidding me right now. 2 Championship starters for 1 flake???

I wouldn't even give you Loyd for Cambage straight up. Total craziness even as a random thought. Next.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/23/19 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455,

Been there done that with Simms and Lavender, no thanks either!!!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/23/19 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

No thank you Laughing we already have the best player in the World. Breaking up a championship team to get a player thats iffy about playing in the WNBA every year is not a good idea.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/23/19 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:

No thank you Laughing we already have the best player in the World. Breaking up a championship team to get a player thats iffy about playing in the WNBA every year is not a good idea.

Plus we already have two teams negatively effected by the most powerful Curse in the WNBA, if not all of sports. Seattle can't be stupid enough to subject themselves to that kind of torture. Smile

toad455

PostPosted: 01/23/19 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage isn't going to a team that already has a dominant center. Though the idea of seeing Griner and Cambage together would be interesting. Or Fowles and Cambage. But it does appear like Vegas and LA are the top(& best) choices. Don't see Cambage wanting to go East.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/23/19 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't begin to imagine why LA would trade Nneka for Cambage. At best, I think they are a wash in terms of performance and contribution to a team (I'd rather have the former MVP who led her team to a championship).

But trading Nneka's consistency for who knows if Cambage will ever show up makes no sense at all to me.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/23/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA finished 6th last year

might be time to switch things up

Shades

PostPosted: 01/23/19 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas could use a PG. Diggins can go to SG when she returns.

Chelsea Gray (Sparks would still have Sims)
Lavender (Nice salary dump for Sparks)
First round in 2020 (Likely a low pick)
—————————————————————
= Cambage

Sims/Wiese
Beard/Williams
Parker/Carson/Samuelson
Ogwumike/(#7 Anigwe)
Cambage/Vadeeva

#19, #31

New coach with Cambage they go big.
Ogwumike and Parker can flow between forward positions.
Use #19 to pick up what could be a viable PG.
Or pick up a PG in free agency.
Think about cutting Samuelson or Wiese to pick up a 5th post (Musina?)

CGray/Hill
AGray/
Thornton/Davis
GJohnson/Stevens
Lavender/Plaisance

#5, #17, #22, #29
Diggins-Smith when available

With D-S temp gone, it may be tempting to go
with Gunner at #5 but then it would be overkill when D-S comes back.
Maybe take Collier at #5 and have her backing Thornton and acting as 5th post.
You never know who might show up at #5. If a 6’7 player shows up, you gotta take them. If Durr shows up, maybe you take her and figure things out later.
Make do with Davis at SG, if you end up with Collier.
Draft another PG at #17.
If Plaisance beats out Lavender, so be it.
I think this is a better team than you might think. Much better ball movement/team play.

Assorted
Christmas
George
Romero
Lucas?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 01/23/19 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/23/19 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
LA finished 6th last year

might be time to switch things up

If you had a reasonably safe assumption that Cambage would consistently play, then that might make sense. But, you can't assume that at all.

craigmont

PostPosted: 01/23/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just to echo some others:

NO EFFING WAY do you break up the Storm to get Cambage. Absolutely no effing way. Forget it.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/23/19 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

Damn you really do have distain for my team with alot of these trades scenerios you come up with 🤨🙄🤔

Shades

PostPosted: 01/23/19 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades,

Damn you really do have distain for my team with alot of these trades scenerios you come up with 🤨🙄🤔

I’m just more realistic than you are as a Dalllas fan. If this is a forced to Sparks only trade (like I believe), I’m not sure how much more you could expect. If it’s multiple teams bidding for her, then you could expect more, maybe.

If you’d rather have Ogwumike straight up, okay, but then you’re a small team and you still have no PG. In my trade you’d be getting one of the best in the league, and she’s still fairly young. I suppose you could go light at center with Stevens, but then you still have a logjam of similar players like GJohnson, Thornton. I seriously doubt GJohnson wants to be a backup.

Let’s see your breakdown.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/23/19 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I apologize for triggering all the Seattle fans

I said Cabbage might want to go there and made a big offer

But I agree that Seattle would not want or need to do that

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/23/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

Uuuuggghhh, I hate when your assessment about my own team is more well-thought out than my own vision....you win 😥😥😥

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/23/19 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why no one thinks we wont allow her to sit out? I agree move her. For nneka straight up hmmm im not sure. Nneka and #7 yes we can do but not straight up. Nneka is good yes but even her MVP year should have been given to Tina Charles. Nneka has never had a season like liz just completed last season. Shes obviously showing up a bit more often with her minimal maturity and a possibility of a big payday with CBA negotiations so i dont think the " No show" factor should sway Bibb one bit. If whomever she wishes to play for cant get with it make her ass sit out! DONT BUDGE BIBB!

PostPosted: 01/23/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Dallas could use a PG. Diggins can go to SG when she returns.

Chelsea Gray (Sparks would still have Sims)
Lavender (Nice salary dump for Sparks)
First round in 2020 (Likely a low pick)
—————————————————————
= Cambage

Sims/Wiese
Beard/Williams
Parker/Carson/Samuelson
Ogwumike/(#7 Anigwe)
Cambage/Vadeeva

#19, #31

New coach with Cambage they go big.
Ogwumike and Parker can flow between forward positions.
Use #19 to pick up what could be a viable PG.
Or pick up a PG in free agency.
Think about cutting Samuelson or Wiese to pick up a 5th post (Musina?)

CGray/Hill
AGray/
Thornton/Davis
GJohnson/Stevens
Lavender/Plaisance

#5, #17, #22, #29
Diggins-Smith when available

With D-S temp gone, it may be tempting to go
with Gunner at #5 but then it would be overkill when D-S comes back.
Maybe take Collier at #5 and have her backing Thornton and acting as 5th post.
You never know who might show up at #5. If a 6’7 player shows up, you gotta take them. If Durr shows up, maybe you take her and figure things out later.
Make do with Davis at SG, if you end up with Collier.
Draft another PG at #17.
If Plaisance beats out Lavender, so be it.
I think this is a better team than you might think. Much better ball movement/team play.

Assorted
Christmas
George
Romero
Lucas?

People have been underestimating Chelsea Gray's value throughout her career. Odyssey Sims is NOWHERE near to Chelsea. That drop off right there would knock LA right out of the championship run. #NonStarter

~rAf
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/23/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
People have been underestimating Chelsea Gray's value throughout her career. Odyssey Sims is NOWHERE near to Chelsea. That drop off right there would knock LA right out of the championship run. #NonStarter

Yeah I agree. She's very high level and a crucial part of the backcourt, whereas based on Sims' contributions so far she seems easily replaceable.

PostPosted: 01/23/19 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz Cambage’s trade request is the free agency drama the WNBA needs

Quote:
WNBA free agency tends to be stale because teams have CBA perks to keep superstars home. But Cambage’s request is lighting its own fire.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/24/19 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Yeah I agree. She's very high level and a crucial part of the backcourt, whereas based on Sims' contributions so far she seems easily replaceable.

Yeah not sure why people even think we would want Sims back in dallas even with Brian at the helm. Bibb is still in charge here and thats a move i would be shocked to see . Chelsea Gray on the other hand could be a nice addition if Agler can lure her.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 18 of 44

Jump to: