RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ND Magazine article on McGraw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/22/19 6:01 pm    ::: ND Magazine article on McGraw Reply Reply with quote

It's called "The Competitor" (there was also an article on ND Men's Basketball coach Mike Brey in this issue)

https://magazine.nd.edu/news/the-competitor/

I didn't realize that McGraw had a very short stint as a volunteer assistant coach at Alabama. Interesting story about that, involving Bear Bryant:

Two years after their wedding, Matt took a job in Alabama and Muffet briefly became a volunteer assistant coach for the women’s team at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. One day, she attended a meeting in Tuscaloosa of coaches from many schools and many sports.

“Looking back, I don’t even know why they let me go,” McGraw says. “But it was fun. Everyone was sort of, for want of a better word, bitching about what they didn’t have that they needed — and after a few minutes of this, Bear Bryant got up.”

She alters her voice to sound like the country-fried football coach who led the Alabama Crimson Tide to six national championships.

“He said, ‘I just got one thing to say. When you wiiiiiiin, you get what you want.’

“And so I was like, ‘That’s a good philosophy.’”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: