RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 01/19/19 11:31 pm    ::: Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020 Reply Reply with quote

How Elizabeth Warren Could Win The 2020 Democratic Primary

How Julian Castro Could Win The 2020 Democratic Primary

How Kirsten Gillibrand Could Win The 2020 Democratic Primary

pilight

PostPosted: 01/21/19 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1087327713277460481

Quote:
I'm running for president. Let's do this together. Join us: http://kamalaharris.org

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.johnkdelaney.com/#my-vision

Quote:
The American people are far greater than the sum of our political parties. It is time for us to rise above our broken politics and renew the spirit that enabled us to achieve the seemingly impossible. This is why I am running for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States.

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://voteojeda.com/

Quote:
I'm running for President so working class citizens have a voice in our government. I'm sick and tired of seeing ordinary people struggle while their public servants get rich feeding at the trough.

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.yang2020.com/

Quote:
Andrew Yang is an entrepreneur and author running for President as a Democrat in 2020. In 2011 he founded Venture for America, a national entrepreneurship fellowship, and spent the last 6 years creating jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. When Andrew realized that new technology like artificial intelligence threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a universal basic income: $1,000 a month for every American adult, no strings attached.

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://beck4president.us/

Quote:
Sanderson Beck is a registered candidate with the Federal Election Commission (FEP) for the Democratic nomination for President.

Welcome to the campaign to transform American politics
by the love and wisdom that works to benefit all.
After four years of the Trump-Pence Administration
the government of the United States needs ethical reconstruction
by an intelligent person of integrity who has not been corrupted
by the harmful influence of money in American politics.

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://braunforpresident.us/

Quote:
Harry Braun is the CEO and Senior Scientist of Mesa Wind LLC, a wind energy development company and the Phoenix Project Foundation. He is also founder of the Democracy Amendment USA 527 Political Action Committee and has been an Advisory Board Member of the International Association for Hydrogen Energy (iahe.org) since 1981

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.rosalindgreene.com/home

Quote:
My real purpose is to be the President of one America for all Americans, as well as all non-Americans that have embraced America as their America. And I know that in this office, one has the power to unite America’s divisions and to bring about the unity that the free world yearns. I feel strongly in my heart that if I can’t truly be America’s President, I will not consider my application for this job. I believe that my intense ambition and conviction to tour around the United States of America to meet with the American people will rocket my candidacy for Presidency in front position to win both the nomination and the 2020 election. I genuinely believe the Democratic Party must restore and unite America as one America for all Americans and for all non-American people that have embraced America as their America. It is time to unite these great divisions that have brought about immeasurable bitterness amongst the American people.

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.tyrellheaton2020.org/

Quote:
I believe money should be left out of politics. It shouldn't be about who can raise the most money, charging thousands of dollars per plate at a fundraising dinner or begging donors for money that ultimately is a down-payment for partisan support. I am running a campaign where I will not directly accept money from any one, thus I can focus my time and energy on the issues rather than pandering to deep-pocketed donors who ultimately want to buy political influence.

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.travellinesexpress.com/bernardkorn.htm

Quote:
Our national government is broken and cannot be fixed. It is futile to continue to pour our resources into Washington while we continue to get the same results--a bigger, more intrusive government that progressively shrinks our personal liberty. We are told the problems are Republican vs. Democrat, liberal vs. conservative. These are divisive and distracting labels, which are robbing us of our unity and power. The real crisis is tyranny and losing our liberty.

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://kennwadikejr.com/ken-nwadike-jr/

Quote:
Ken E. Nwadike, Jr., is a peace activist, motivational speaker, and video journalist known as the Free Hugs Guy online. Nwadike Jr is the founder of the Free Hugs Project, which produces motivational videos to spread love, inspire change, and raise awareness of social issues. His ‘Free Hugs’ videos have reached hundreds of millions of views

PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://patterson2020.us/

Quote:
I am no politician and I believe that everything should be handled in order.

Just as business should be

#1. The customer

#2. The worker

#3. The shareholders

#4. The company

Government needs to know their priorities.

I have my priorities as

#1. The people

#2. The Military

#3. Services for all

#4. Business

#5. Government

PostPosted: 01/21/19 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://riseupwithrobby.com/

Quote:
Let us stare down the fear of our differences with the face of courage to come together as one nation

PostPosted: 01/21/19 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.fredwiand.com/

Quote:
We desperately need stability and maturity in our leadership all across our country. This not only starts at the city and state levels, but throughout our government. Please take a moment to consider a view about public officials. It is unlikely that you have exactly the same views as other persons, including public officials. If you inform yourself about upcoming elections and find that you agree with say 70% of their views – – I think you will find that that person is the one that will provide the most consistent and meaningful help.

PostPosted: 01/23/19 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mayor Pete is doing an exploratory committee.

https://wsbt.com/news/local/pete-buttigieg-joins-2020-presidential-race

Quote:
I launched a presidential exploratory committee because it is a season for boldness and it is time to focus on the future. Are you ready to walk away from the politics of the past?

Quote:
Amid his campaign for a second term, Buttigieg came out as gay in a column in the local newspaper. He went on to win re-election with 80 percent of the vote. In 2018 — three years to the day after the column ran — he married his husband, middle school teacher Chasten Glezman.

You gotta give him credit for having big time dreams.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
toad455

PostPosted: 01/23/19 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel Kamala Harris could be the Dems best option. Not sold on Warren. Though I'm still hopeful Biden makes an announcement shortly.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/23/19 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I feel Kamala Harris could be the Dems best option. Not sold on Warren. Though I'm still hopeful Biden makes an announcement shortly.

I have already seen some friends who are majorly opposed to Harris due to her record as CA AG. I don't know much about it, but it does remind me that we really don't know much about these candidates. I am glad (and also a little nervous) that we have plenty of time to get to know their positions and histories better.

sambista

PostPosted: 01/23/19 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

i'm gonna say something that'll sound completely politically incorrect, which is so not me, but it is what it is:

i really like harris, and i wish the best for her. but her tough, grilling posture in televised committee hearings has not served her well - though, in a perfect world, it should - because she's a woman. similarly - and my friends already have beaten me up about this - because she's a woman running for president, i think the thing she needs most right now is a voice coach, because her voice is grating, in a nagging kind of way. it's not a voice of calm or one that engenders confidence. there. i said it. if she were a man, none of this would apply, but this is the world we live in.

and in keeping with the world we live in, biden is probably the best candidate for the job. but he shouldn't run, he wouldn't win, and i hope he realizes that and avoids splintering the democratic vote.

he's too old, he's not the voice of the new generation, and anyone we've already had in our faces too much is not likely to win. the successful candidate will come from the newer ranks, like beto (though i'm not necessarily endorsing him). so forget biden, warren, bernie (my candidate) and yes, harris and booker. they're all already "been there, done that." if you wanna get millennials and the fringes of that age group on board, it's gotta be someone almost too fresh to be president.

PostPosted: 01/23/19 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NO MORE BOOMERS! You've done enough damage already.

PostPosted: 01/23/19 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You all know that Cory Booker is the nominee for 2020 right? Maybe Julian Castro will edge him out. But those of you who affiliate with the party and vote in primaries will, for the majority, nominate one of these two candidates.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is something intimidating to me about Harris, which I think will serve her well in debates and add to her "gravitas". I would put my money in Las Vegas on her.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.fredwiand.com/

I went looking to see what state he was a senator or congressman or governor. But found much less than that:

* a graduate of Ursinus College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics
* in the Air Force for enough time to retire
* for 6 years involved in building his home in Augusta, Maine and got 39 credits at Unity College
* since retirement employed as an adult education instructor
* served on the town of China planning board
* served as town of China meeting coordinator
* served as chairman of the South China Fellowship Club
* member of Albion Lions Club and South China American Legion 179
* in Albion was the backstage manager for the plays, ‘Oklahoma’ and ‘Sound of Music.
* candidate for state representative in Maine
* area coordinator for the Concord Coalition
* volunteer naturalist for the Appalachian Mountain Club
* over the last 25 years has written from time to time including two short books, ‘between Venus and Mars’ and ‘Eights Are Wild.’

I think that both the party and the media will be working to keep Wiand off the debate stage. If he could get there with his bio there would be hundreds of thousands of people running in the future.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/19 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I think that both the party and the media will be working to keep Wiand off the debate stage. If he could get there with his bio there would be hundreds of thousands of people running in the future.

He's at least as qualified as Donald Trump was in 2016

PostPosted: 01/24/19 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

He's at least as qualified as Donald Trump was in 2016

But Trump succeeded in framing himself as a very successful businessman (not that he was), which people accepted as a substitute for government experience, or even preferable to it.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/24/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
toad455 wrote:

i'm gonna say something that'll sound completely politically incorrect, which is so not me, but it is what it is:

i really like harris, and i wish the best for her. but her tough, grilling posture in televised committee hearings has not served her well - though, in a perfect world, it should - because she's a woman. similarly - and my friends already have beaten me up about this - because she's a woman running for president, i think the thing she needs most right now is a voice coach, because her voice is grating, in a nagging kind of way. it's not a voice of calm or one that engenders confidence. there. i said it. if she were a man, none of this would apply, but this is the world we live in.

and in keeping with the world we live in, biden is probably the best candidate for the job. but he shouldn't run, he wouldn't win, and i hope he realizes that and avoids splintering the democratic vote.

he's too old, he's not the voice of the new generation, and anyone we've already had in our faces too much is not likely to win. the successful candidate will come from the newer ranks, like beto (though i'm not necessarily endorsing him). so forget biden, warren, bernie (my candidate) and yes, harris and booker. they're all already "been there, done that." if you wanna get millennials and the fringes of that age group on board, it's gotta be someone almost too fresh to be president.

this is not going to serve him well & it was just this past mid-terms! the repug candidate used Biden's comments as a quick campaign ad to say Biden 'endorsed' the repug. he refused to endorse the Dem & never responded to the Dem Party Chair. oh & the repug, who was in a hard fight, won by 4.5%!

so, no on Joe!

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 1 of 43

Jump to: