RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/05/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
this is from the protest in wisconsin, where republican legislators just approved measures to limit the powers of the incoming democratic governor. what caught my eye was the white poster held by the man in the middle. apropos.

If the GOP chicanery in Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Michigan isn't enough to demonstrate that the entire party is opposed to democracy, I don't know what would.

Genero36

PostPosted: 12/05/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 1 sentence in Michael Flynn's sentencing document that should really scare Donald Trump

Quote:
But there's a single sentence in the 13-page document that should send shivers down the spine of President Donald Trump and everyone in his inner circle. It's this: "The defendant deserves credit for accepting responsibility in a timely fashion and substantially assisting the government."

Pay specific attention to those last few words: "Substantially assisting the government."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/politics/mueller-flynn-trump/index.html

PostPosted: 12/05/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IS THIS IT?: A TRUMP-HATER’S GUIDE TO MUELLER SKEPTICISM

tfan

PostPosted: 12/05/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
The 1 sentence in Michael Flynn's sentencing document that should really scare Donald Trump

Quote:
But there's a single sentence in the 13-page document that should send shivers down the spine of President Donald Trump and everyone in his inner circle. It's this: "The defendant deserves credit for accepting responsibility in a timely fashion and substantially assisting the government."

Pay specific attention to those last few words: "Substantially assisting the government."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/politics/mueller-flynn-trump/index.html

Michael Isikoff was just on Anderson Cooper and addressed that sentence. He said that it appears that Flynn has provided information on three investigations/issues. Only 1 is being handled by Meuller, the other two given to other people and do not appear to be related to "Trump campaign colluding with Kremlin". He said that the word substantial was used with regard to the non-Meuller investigations, but not with regard to the Meuller investigation. But after he said that a woman next to him said that there was a lot redacted from the report, I think suggesting that he may have provided substantial help that they cannot show.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/06/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sambista wrote:
this is from the protest in wisconsin, where republican legislators just approved measures to limit the powers of the incoming democratic governor. what caught my eye was the white poster held by the man in the middle. apropos.

If the GOP chicanery in Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Michigan isn't enough to demonstrate that the entire party is opposed to democracy, I don't know what would.

It's an outright subversion of democracy.

FUCK THE GOP

#IMPEACHtheGOP

PostPosted: 12/07/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drip...drip...sploosh

PostPosted: 12/07/18 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes Donald, you're #1.

PostPosted: 12/14/18 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What else do the Chumpsters need? Laughing

PostPosted: 12/17/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="630" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ffcSfkpY6Lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/14/19 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://investigaterussia.org/

#IMPEACHtheGOP

PostPosted: 01/15/19 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

ABC's Karl: Sources say Mueller report is 'almost certain to be anti-climactic'

Quote:
"But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, interacting with the special counsel, caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic."

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/15/19 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Quote:
"But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, interacting with the special counsel, caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic."

If one considers having a treasonous, illegitimately-elected POTUS anti-climatic, then yes.

PostPosted: 01/16/19 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Quote:

If one considers having a treasonous, illegitimately-elected POTUS anti-climatic, then yes.

If he committed treason, I would expect that to be in the report as I believe Meuller has access to all the data of the US government spy organizations.

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/18/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sure, anti-climactic...

I mean, it's not like there is likely going to be evidence of Trump directly and personally suborning perjury or anything...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/18/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Anti-climactic" only in the sense that EVERYTHING we're gonna hear has been repeatedly and voluminously said/implied/reported on, etc. What surprises are left? A video Trump boinking a Russian hooker in Red Square? That probably wouldn't even rate its own thread here at Rebs anymore. And his base? Well, they'd just cheer him on.

(now wait....what about a video of Putin boinking Trump in the Oval Office?? Shocked ) Nahh..... Razz

PostPosted: 01/18/19 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
"Anti-climactic" only in the sense that EVERYTHING we're gonna hear has been repeatedly and voluminously said/implied/reported on, etc. What surprises are left? A video Trump boinking a Russian hooker in Red Square? That probably wouldn't even rate its own thread here at Rebs anymore. And his base? Well, they'd just cheer him on.

(now wait....what about a video of Putin boinking Trump in the Oval Office?? Shocked ) Nahh..... Razz

Well, the pee pee tape could turn out to actually exist... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 01/18/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Yeah, NOBODY wants to see THAT!!! Shocked

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 01/18/19 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Sure, anti-climactic...

I mean, it's not like there is likely going to be evidence of Trump directly and personally suborning perjury or anything...

Well, no. Cohen didn't commit perjury, because he wasn't under oath. He's not charged with perjury. He's charged with violation of 18 U.S. Code § 1001, the federal false statements statute.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="630" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aeT6OQvJtYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 01/19/19 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's be real. The Meuller investigation was formed to investigate whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. But no one really cares about "the campaign", as in Manafort colluding with Russia. They want Meuller to find evidence that Trump himself was in on or aware of any collusion. That is the bombshell - Trump being guilty of colluding with Russia or approving underlings doing it.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/19/19 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Sure, anti-climactic...

The New York Times

Mueller Statement Disputes Report That Trump Directed Cohen to Lie

Jan. 18, 2019

WASHINGTON — The special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election disputed on Friday a report that said President Trump had directed Michael D. Cohen, his longtime lawyer and fixer, to lie to Congress about his role in negotiations to build a skyscraper in Moscow.

The rare public statement by a spokesman for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, challenged the facts of an article published by BuzzFeed News on Thursday saying that Mr. Cohen had told prosecutors about being pressured by the president before his congressional testimony.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the special counsel’s office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate,” said the spokesman, Peter Carr.

PostPosted: 01/19/19 4:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And BuzzFeed is standing by their sources/story. Obviously they feel pretty strongly about whomever those sources are that they are legit.

They have asked Mueller for clarification on what specific statements/characterizations are not accurate, as the statement by the Mueller camp was extremely vague.

PostPosted: 01/19/19 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Buzzfeed says. Here’s a better explanation of what the special counsel’s office’s statement means from the Washington Post.

“The statement was remarkable on several levels — first, the special counsel’s office speaks exceedingly rarely, and second, the statement seemed to drive a stake through a sensational allegation that Democratic lawmakers suggested earlier in the day could spell the end of the Trump presidency.

The BuzzFeed report strongly implied the president might have committed a crime, dramatically raising speculation of possible impeachment. Within hours, Democrats in Congress were publicly demanding answers.

The potential consequences of the report were so severe — immediate congressional investigations and a possible legal showdown with the White House — that Mueller decided to take the surprising step of publicly denying his investigation had gathered any such evidence.

Inside the Justice Department, the statement was viewed as a huge step, and one that would have been taken only if the special counsel’s office viewed the story as almost entirely incorrect.”

PostPosted: 01/19/19 4:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
And BuzzFeed is standing by their sources/story. Obviously they feel pretty strongly about whomever those sources are that they are legit.

They have asked Mueller for clarification on what specific statements/characterizations are not accurate, as the statement by the Mueller camp was extremely vague.

Vague to some.

PostPosted: 01/19/19 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“I can’t speak to Buzzfeed’s sourcing, but, for what it’s worth, I declined to run with parts of the narrative they conveyed based on a source central to the story repeatedly disputing the idea that Trump directly issued orders of that kind.” - @ronanfarrow

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 14 of 43

Jump to: