RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 01/17/19 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Besides the fact that she has gone her whole adult life only playing on dominant teams, I’ve seen Reeve really jawing at Moore when she comes off the floor in a timeout. It seemed excessive for a good-natured hustling superstar.

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Besides the fact that she has gone her whole adult life only playing on dominant teams, I’ve seen Reeve really jawing at Moore when she comes off the floor in a timeout. It seemed excessive for a good-natured hustling superstar.

As opposed to Geno who who hands his players lollipops as they come off the floor after fucking up...

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Id like to think the "Retire" portion is just a ploy for improving the CBA negotiations for players and it will only help their cause. However Maya has won on every level and there's nothing she has yet to accomplish so retiring might not be so farfetched. Either way all i hear with this move is "THE W NEEDS TO GET ITS SHIT TOGETHER AND APPRECIATE THE VALUE OF ITS STARS OR I QUIT"!

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Wonder where Maya would want to go? Vegas? Connecticut? Atlanta? Seattle?

She does have a house in Atlanta

Im almost 70% sure its Atlanta as well but no one can confirm where other than NOT in Minnesota anymore. The word is she knew she would be cored so the taking a season off was being considered after last seasons end in hopes the new CBA would fix the whole core bs rule and give all players a bit more freedom to move around in the league. Poor reeve!

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Retire could just mean retire from the WNBA while continuing a career over$ea$. Pure logic might say that's her best option taking career longevity and injuries into account. She does not have a lot left to prove in the WNBA or anywhere else for that matter.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Wonder where Maya would want to go? Vegas? Connecticut? Atlanta? Seattle?

She does have a house in Atlanta

Im almost 70% sure its Atlanta as well but no one can confirm where other than NOT in Minnesota anymore. The word is she knew she would be cored so the taking a season off was being considered after last seasons end in hopes the new CBA would fix the whole core bs rule and give all players a bit more freedom to move around in the league. Poor reeve!

I don't see coring/the next CBA as having much to do with this - players have already shown several times that nothing in the CBA stops them from going where they want to.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stevens,Christmas and #5 pk for M.Moore

OR

Johnson, Christmas and #5 pk for M.Moore

Based on what Chicago got for Fowles and EDD I think this is a fair trade.

Last edited by zune69 on 01/17/19 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christmas-Kelly is an unrestricted free agent.

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Christmas-Kelly only signed a 1-year deal last February?

OKay

Stevens, Gray and the #5 pk for Moore.

Last edited by zune69 on 01/17/19 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
So Christmas-Kelly only signed a 1-year deal last February?

Pretty common when players get cored because they don't particularly want to be somewhere - they sign the core qualifying offer, which is a one-year max deal.

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:

As opposed to Geno who who hands his players lollipops as they come off the floor after fucking up...

Even if he prepared her for getting yelled at, she may want to minimize the frequency, tone and intensity. But it also easily could be something that doesn’t concern her at all. It just surprised me to see it happening to a league superstar in the few Lynx games I’ve watched recently, which may not even be typical.

Last edited by tfan on 01/17/19 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I am having a strange vision of Sloot in a Lynx uniform.

Did that same vision have Maya in a Wings Uni as well ? Wink

PostPosted: 01/17/19 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix would be a good landing spot if Moore wants to win.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/19 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Phoenix would be a good landing spot if Moore wants to win.

Maya + Cambage + Skylar + Agler = Dynasty

Maya would be thr grandma of the trio with 2 young gun talents to support. I like it!

PostPosted: 01/18/19 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like there is a piece to the puzzle that we are not aware of, and tbh might not ever know.

And while I support players making their own choices and I am not a fan of coring rule

I am very bummed for the Lynx and the fans of Minnesota

Last edited by J-Spoon on 01/18/19 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/18/19 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here are some trade ideas. I am over paying a little bit for someone who is possibly requesting a trade but Moore is still a top 5 player IMO and makes almost all teams a contender. These trade are also assuming Minny is still trying to be contender, and honestly if they don't want to be a contender letting Moore take the season off and then trading her in 2020 might be a better way to tare down and rebuild than trading her now.

Mildly realistic

Atl

Hayes, Breland and #11

LV

#1, McBride (and one more piece maybe Hamby, Harrison or Jefferson?) (If #1 ended up being Ionescu that would be interesting).

LA

N. Ogwumike

Much less realistic

Conn

A. Thomas, J. Thomas #9

Chi

Deshields, Copper and #4

Dallas

GloJo, Thorton and #5

PX

Bonner, Turner and #8

(If you want to reunite the band follow up with #8 for Dupree, Minn still has #6, but this is just me trying to reunite Bonner and Dupree).

While none of these are too realistic I feel like NY, Seattle, Washington and Indy are even more unrealistic. but just for fun

NY

Charles and Hartley
or
#2, Rodgers and Zahui B

Wash

Meesseman, Powers and #10

Seattle

Loyd, Whitcomb, #12 and/or 1st round pick in 2020

Indy

T. Mitchell, Achonwa and #3

ClayK

PostPosted: 01/18/19 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Moore has been playing basketball year-round since she was 10 years old, most likely. She may just be tired of the job ...

Of course, she can't make nearly as much money doing anything else, but conceivably she has saved/invested wisely and could slide into broadcasting or another career entirely without too much financial hardship.

I have no inside info so this is just pure speculation ... but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

And of course, if she decides to come back in two years, she'd still have many options.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Maya Moore has been playing basketball year-round since she was 10 years old, most likely. She may just be tired of the job ...

Maybe it is an existential crisis? Wink

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/18/19 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://m.startribune.com/questions-linger-after-report-that-lynx-star-maya-moore-may-sit-out-2019-wnba-season/504496782/

Quote:
Multiple sources say Moore is not unhappy with the Lynx, which would appear to indicate she doesn’t want a trade.

Quote:
The story bubbled up just days after the Lynx put the franchise tag on Moore, preventing her from negotiating as a free agent with other teams, but all indications are that this is not a factor, either.

Quote:
The simplest explanation could be that the 29-year-old Moore is contemplating an extended break after an up-and-down 2018 season — one Moore herself often described as a grind. Moore has been playing year-round and been in the spotlight for much of the past decade. She decided not to play overseas this year.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was poor planning by Maya’s people to go to Euroleague in the season right before the WNBA compacted (90-92 day) season. She went from Euroleague to the WNBA with no break. Ogwumike had the same extended Euroleague schedule as Maya and was suffering some fatigue issues in the WNBA also.

In her interview with Dime Magazine, Maya wasn’t showing any sign of discontentment, but I suppose it could just be her style of always putting on a positive face to the public.
Quote:
Is there anything that you could take from this season that you are going to bring into next season?

I really am happy about the way our team has continued to fight throughout the season. Winning masks a lot of things, but to be able to stay together while your struggling. It proves a lot and I think it gives the team confidence knowing that we can weather storms.

I’d like to get clarification from the source of the vague rumor that started all this. Did the words “trade” or “retire” come from Maya’s mouth, her battle-ax agent’s mouth, or is it just some speculation from an analyst who may know very little about the situation or the WNBA?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/18/19 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is her agent?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/18/19 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Who is her agent?

Lindsay Kagawa Colas, also the agent for several other WNBA superstars.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:

yeah, but Maya is a grown ass woman. After a while, you tired of the noise. I agree with tfan. The writing is on the wall for the Old Lynx. Nobody is coming off that bench to be a "star" that can truly help her, so why not bounce out when she has a chance?

Also, I hate the WNBA CBA...Superstar players never truly get to experience free agency unless they force themselves out. It sucks.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/19/19 4:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder what the players union and the owners will propose in the upcoming negotiations with regard to the issue of star cored players demanding trades (not saying that is definitely the case this time - but she is sitting out the winter season already so "need to rest my body" doesn't fit as well)?

Last edited by tfan on 01/20/19 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 01/19/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Wonder what the players union and the owners will propose in the upcoming negotiations with regard to the issue of star cored players demanding trades (not saying that is definitely the case this time - but she is sitting out the winter season already so "need to rest my body" doesn't fit as well)?

Under the new CBA, the best way to prevent players from picking the larger overseas contracts and possibly siting out is to up the salaries and lengthen the season(May-October).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 8 of 31

Jump to: