Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/16/19 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
toad455,

I totally agree with you that we will draft a shooter with the #5 pick, however, what I'm about to say next, I'm pretty sure everyone else reading this will think I'm crazy, but it is my opinion and mine alone.

I am TOTALLY over the whole "Liz Cambage saga!" First, she is NOT the best or most dominant center in the league, Sylvia Fowles is then Brittany is second.

As a season ticket holder, I got to watch Liz pout, constantly whine and complain almost to the point of wanting to actually she'd tears when it comes to the elite level of competition in the WNBA vs what she's used to playing against on the various International teams!

It enrages me to think that for the SECOND time, this franchise has allowed this insecure, self-centered and immature so called "professional" to basically hold this team hostage by her actions to VOLUNTARLY come to Dallas, sign a two year EXTENSION, because they already owned the rights to her from the first debacle she pulled in Tulsa, then before the playoffs even starts, she makes it known that she, yet AGAIN, has come to the conclusion that she MAY or MAY NOT want to play for this team or the league as a whole again, even though I knew exactly how much money I would be making the day I signed the contract...."either way, I'll get back to you'll and the league when I get back to you!" Now the team is one of the worst case scenerios possible with the season only months away in order to try and salvage this mess!!!

One player should not be given that much power to alter an entire organizations future, especially when the team in question has gone out of it's way too not only meet your demands, but has done everything in it's power to let you know how much it cares for and appreciates you in every way possible, only to have you give them the middle finger at the end of the day!

Liz Cambage is a talented basketball player, but she is by no means the end all, be all for the WNBA....It's time for this organization to trade her rights to whatever team who's willing and desperate enough to deal with this foolishness, get multiple pieces out of the deal, and move the fuck on from this side show....We should be focusing on trying to become one of the elite teams in the WNBA, not the never ending stepping stool for ONE player who feels this team will never succeed without her!!!

Well if they subscribe to the buy low, sell high school of trading then now would certainly be a good time to sell.

PostPosted: 01/16/19 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I totally understand DFdubs frustration. I do agree we should move on from building around Cambage , But by NO means do i agree that we need to trade her. Ride that horse baby ....rideeee! Once that contract ends then shes free to go!

PostPosted: 01/16/19 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I totally understand DFdubs frustration. I do agree we should move on from building around Cambage , But by NO means do i agree that we need to trade her. Ride that horse baby ....rideeee! Once that contract ends then shes free to go!

I think you mean she’s free to go 4 years after her contract expires after the 2019 season, unless they change the coring rules in the new CBA.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/17/19 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc,

I think now would be the perfect time to cut our losses because we can't continue going thru this process after the end of every season! Why not bring in top talent who actually wants to be here, leaving no doubt concerning the direction your organization is headed?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/17/19 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

LMAO!!!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/17/19 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Luuuc,

I think now would be the perfect time to cut our losses because we can't continue going thru this process after the end of every season! Why not bring in top talent who actually wants to be here, leaving no doubt concerning the direction your organization is headed?

I totally get it. Consistent commitment is a problem to some extent with most international players. When it's a role player it's not that hard to tweak the roster and stay on course. When it's someone who defines the whole way you play, that's impossible to adjust to year by year. So it's tough for the front office and tough for the fans too.

I don't think it's a matter of her not wanting to be there though. Unlike Tulsa I feel like she's happy to play in Dallas. She's just the opposite of say Lauren Jackson when it comes to spreading herself too thin with national team commitments, injury rehab, and getting paid. All of which I respect about her. I expect that the results of the next CBA will also impact her future. She is clearly frustrated to some degree by her salary ceiling in the WNBA.

I love Liz despite the pouting & whining, but I can love her wherever she plays. (When she actually decides to play) so I don't need her to be a Wing to enjoy her antics.
I don't know that the Wings are really going places this year anyway though. In a way I almost think it would be better to be without her this year, have a shitty season, and load up for 2020 with Liz plus a lottery pick, but … making long term plans around Liz is unwise. Especially in an olympic year. So I can see the appeal in trading her. Just keep in mind that the reasons you want to trade her are the same reasons her value at the trading table might not be as high as you want.

PostPosted: 01/17/19 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc,

I respect what you're saying, and your points make alot of sense, however, I still say cut your losses and move on....

zune69

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stevens, Christmas and #5 pk for M.Moore

OR

Johnson, Christmas and #5 pk for M.Moore

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have we not been shooting for Pp's (My Official Rebkell Campaign)the last 3 years every offseason? Last year i felt we had enough talent to start the season to contend. Unfortunately the coaching/discipline or lack there of let us down. Now this year we will have a formidable Championship experienced coach with i feel less talent. Drop dead fred destroyed our everything. Yes some players deserved to go and some thought they were above the team as a whole with arguing and disrespecting fred during practices but in no way shape or form should we have finished the way we did. That was one for the record books ive finally put it behind me in hopes Skylar recovers soon and Liz returns as i still believe she will for 1 more season.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 01/17/19 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Stevens, Christmas and #5 pk for M.Moore

OR

Johnson, Christmas and #5 pk for M.Moore

Speak It !!! Razz

PostPosted: 01/17/19 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Luuuc,

I respect what you're saying, and your points make alot of sense, however, I still say cut your losses and move on....

What losses?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/17/19 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas needs to give Cambage a try without Diggins. Maybe you’ll be surprised by the results.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/19 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Dallas needs to give Cambage a try without Diggins. Maybe you’ll be surprised by the results.

We did last yr and lost each game she missed with the concussion remember? " The Kaela Davis PG experiment" I want to say we went 0-4 including a loss to last place Indiana with Skylar out.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

We did last yr and lost each game she missed with the concussion remember? " The Kaela Davis PG experiment" I want to say we went 0-4 including a loss to last place Indiana with Skylar out.

That was just being down a player without having anybody adequately ready to take her place. I’m talking about coming into the season prepared to be without Diggins and hopefully acquiring a real PG in that preparation.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/18/19 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

I meant losses as in the time, effort and strategy it would take to replace the production of losing a player like Liz.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/18/19 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades,

I meant losses as in the time, effort and strategy it would take to replace the production of losing a player like Liz.

They should focus on building a decent team who can get to the playoffs. Make sure that the team has the mindset: if Cambage plays that's a bonus but we have to do it ourselves first.

The Storm had that with LJ as well. Her career ended way to early because of injuries. I dont wish that on anyone

Having both Diggins and Cambage on your team is not enough. As last season showed.. Both were putting up MVP numbers and it still wasnt enough. That tells you that they need to fix their team especially their defense. Having a coach like Agler is a good start. Let him bring players in that will work their asses off and buy into his system. Get rid of the players that

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/18/19 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Luuuc,

I totally get it. Consistent commitment is a problem to some extent with most international players. When it's a role player it's not that hard to tweak the roster and stay on course. When it's someone who defines the whole way you play, that's impossible to adjust to year by year. So it's tough for the front office and tough for the fans too.

I don't think it's a matter of her not wanting to be there though. Unlike Tulsa I feel like she's happy to play in Dallas. She's just the opposite of say Lauren Jackson when it comes to spreading herself too thin with national team commitments, injury rehab, and getting paid. All of which I respect about her. I expect that the results of the next CBA will also impact her future. She is clearly frustrated to some degree by her salary ceiling in the WNBA.

I love Liz despite the pouting & whining, but I can love her wherever she plays. (When she actually decides to play) so I don't need her to be a Wing to enjoy her antics.
I don't know that the Wings are really going places this year anyway though. In a way I almost think it would be better to be without her this year, have a shitty season, and load up for 2020 with Liz plus a lottery pick, but … making long term plans around Liz is unwise. Especially in an olympic year. So I can see the appeal in trading her. Just keep in mind that the reasons you want to trade her are the same reasons her value at the trading table might not be as high as you want.

I agree the roster instability determined by "will she? "won't she?" is not a great way to build a contender.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/18/19 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Luuuc,

I agree the roster instability determined by "will she? "won't she?" is not a great way to build a contender.

Instability used to actually be a handy tool … but then the league made tanking trickier by basing lottery odds on 2 seasons instead of 1

PostPosted: 01/19/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades,

They should focus on building a decent team who can get to the playoffs. Make sure that the team has the mindset: if Cambage plays that's a bonus but we have to do it ourselves first.

The Storm had that with LJ as well. Her career ended way to early because of injuries. I dont wish that on anyone

Having both Diggins and Cambage on your team is not enough. As last season showed.. Both were putting up MVP numbers and it still wasnt enough. That tells you that they need to fix their team especially their defense. Having a coach like Agler is a good start. Let him bring players in that will work their asses off and buy into his system. Get rid of the players that

Cambage and Diggins should be enough with the coaching change and some supporting cast adjustments (more shooting specifically)

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/19/19 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades,

Cambage and Diggins should be enough with the coaching change and some supporting cast adjustments (more shooting specifically)

I don't know … Bird & Stewie are a better duo than Diggins & Cambage, and they didn't do much even when they also had Loyd. So the coaching change is a definite winner but getting the supporting cast right is tough to do in one off-season.

PostPosted: 01/20/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades,

I don't know … Bird & Stewie are a better duo than Diggins & Cambage, and they didn't do much even when they also had Loyd. So the coaching change is a definite winner but getting the supporting cast right is tough to do in one off-season.

Yeah your opinion. Id rather have Liz & Sky before Sue & Stewie

PostPosted: 01/22/19 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA fans thinking since Fred is their new AC Liz and Sky will follow him Laughing. Aye yi yi if only the outside fans knew the truth smh.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1087809593420394496

Quote:
BREAKING: Multiple sources have confirmed that Liz Cambage has requested a trade from the Dallas Wings. #WNBAinsidr

PostPosted: 01/22/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
BREAKING: Multiple sources have confirmed that Liz Cambage has requested a trade from the Dallas Wings. #WNBAinsidr

Welp...

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/19 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

So much for no crisis mode. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 15 of 44

Jump to: