RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

CNBC Republican Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 10/29/15 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
On edit: I tried to vote more than once on Drudge and CNBC but both said they would only count my first vote.

It's easy enough to erase the cookie they plant and vote again.

Quote:
why would only Trump be doing it? Why wouldn't the desperate and sinking Bush, who supposedly has $100 million, be doing the same thing?

The GOP establishment isn't very tech savvy, plus online polls don't really mean much.

PostPosted: 10/29/15 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
TonyL222 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Rubio is, in my honest opinion, fourth in the crazy dept. behind Carson, Paul, and Cruz. I don't know why I'm the only one (maybe being serious now) who can see it.

Why do you say/think you are the only one that sees that? The least crazy is Kasick, IMHO.

Just checking. Wink Also, Chris Christie is not crazy either. That's not an endorsement, by the way.

Nah, he's nuts too. He's all "I'm gonna be honest with you, if I'm president, it'll be worse for you. But that's what we've got to do." Laughing

They're all nuts.

PostPosted: 10/29/15 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Your speculations may be so, pilight, but I don't buy it.

Too many speculative speculations: no one but Trump is interested in the results of an online poll; no one but Trump is interested in spiking an online poll; no one in the campaigns of Bush, Fiorina or Cruz has the tech savvy of someone in the Trump campaign (or on RebKell).

I think it has more to do with the large and mysterious army of Trump groupies who quintuple the all-time TV ratings of every debate on every network, and provide all-time or near all-time ratings for shows like Fallon and 60 Minutes. Bots aren't doing that.

On edit: Slate is on the far left of the media, and Trump dominated its poll too. That poll requires you to check a box to prove you're not a bot. Can a bot check an anti-bot box?
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/29/15 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
TonyL222 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Rubio is, in my honest opinion, fourth in the crazy dept. behind Carson, Paul, and Cruz. I don't know why I'm the only one (maybe being serious now) who can see it.

Why do you say/think you are the only one that sees that? The least crazy is Kasick, IMHO.

Just checking. Wink Also, Chris Christie is not crazy either. That's not an endorsement, by the way.

Nah, he's nuts too. He's all "I'm gonna be honest with you, if I'm president, it'll be worse for you. But that's what we've got to do." Laughing

They're all nuts.

Oh there's a point to be made about them all being nuts. There was an article about the Republican field titled, I think, wait for it, yes, They're all Nuts. Little more on that idea at the bottom of my post.

But I think you may be misconstruing what some of us are meaning exactly by the word crazy. I'm not talking about Donald Trump, Chris Christy crazy. Hell half of us here are that kind of crazy. I'm talking about something much much different.

Somewhere, there's a bunch of doctors and hospital administrators, board members and nurses, who are shaking their heads and among themselves saying... that's not the Ben Carson we knew. Something has gone terribly wrong there. He shouldn't be where he is but then he shouldn't be seeing patients either at this point. He should be medicated (which he may be) and getting treatment. That's what I mean by crazy.

Rand Paul. Another doctor. Not good news there. Didn't he say last night, I was a doctor but I got into politics because I was worried about the deficit? I say this to you and to all young people here. You have to know what crazy looks like, sounds like, etc. I was a doctor and I stopped being one because of the budget deficit. That's what crazy sounds like. I have to move because my house is built on an indian burial ground. (Which it is not, but she moved her whole family anyway. That's real world crazy. I've seen it.)

Neurosurgeons who decide they want to be President of the United States? You have to know that something has gone wrong in that brilliant person's brain. Something has snapped. If you REMOVED that information, from any seasoned adult person's knowledge of Dr. Carson, and someone like me or like apparently a zillion others, sat down with him and talked with him for FIVE minutes... we would not be coming away from that conversation and observation saying he seems like a really nice man. We would be saying what we're saying now. There's something WRONG with this human being. It's all over him like schizophrenia was all over a great friend of mine from high school by the time he was 20 years old. Carson's not that bad. But it's nevertheless very clear that he's not all there.

But the thing is... we DO have this information that he was a famous neurosurgeon and now he wants to be the bloody President of the United States. Somebody help me with the diagnosis here. No wait, I think I got it. This is a delusion. He's copying and pasting policy and political opinions together to fill in his delusional fantasy as he goes along taking a lot of blind people with him down his dark little rat hole of a delusion. It is sad.

Contrast that with Chris Christy? Do I have to? There's absolutely nothing wrong with Chris Christy's mental health. He is completely lucid and completely and absolutely the same person he's always been. I don't like the guy or his politics, and I think he's a crooked ill-tempered jerk and a corrupt bully. But he's not crazy and certainly not in the way that some of these people really are.

Rand Paul. Again, a former doctor. Sorry, dr jammer pronounces that Sen. Paul is unhinged as well. But different and not nearly so bad as Carson. He's also, however, again, quite delusional.

Cruz. Diabolically self-obsessed and dangerous. Total sociopath. I could be wrong but he's also not normal but I would say he never has been. I'm assuming Carson was at one point well. I won't vouch for that but he's not well now.

Marco Rubio. I know this guy. I bet we've all known someone like him. But I literally knew someone just like him. But here's a guy. Fairly good looking. Always quick with a smile and a handshake. Seemed to be popular in school and getting more so. But could relate to most everyone. Then the next year you notice his hair sometimes looks greasy. The smile disappears instantly as soon as he turns away from people. But now he's RUNNING for class president. Always running. Then one day decades later, on election day, when the polling has shown he's going to lose the election, he's exhausted and can't face the day and losing and puts a shotgun in his mouth.

I'm sorry. That's Marco Rubio. Everything is the same. The nervous rhythm to his speech. The urgency that borders on desperation. Sweaty, thirsty, shifty, etc.

And, as with so many of these people, the flypaper to the delusional that we call running for president.

In fact, I think a pretty good first symptom of mental illness would be someone uttering those words.

I'm running for president. I'm going to run for president. O-fuck.

If someone says, I'm Jesus Christ, you know! Right? It's like BINGO. Pull the white wagon up right here, boys. This is just the real world version of that. We don't really see people claiming to be Jesus Christ very often. But every four years...

Look at it this way. If I started a thread here titled, I'm running for president, and I outlined the facts, that I am and why, here on Rebkell's here's what would happen.

A bunch of you guys would say, I like jammer, I really do, but I always knew there was something wrong there. Now we know for sure and I hope he gets the help he so obviously needs.

That's what I would hope you guys would say.

Some of you would say... Hey... jammer's a political guy, passionate about the issues, that's cool, good on him!

That's what I would hope none of you would say. Because I would be worried about you if you did.

So here we have a collection of people who have turned to their loved ones and colleagues somewhere and uttered the words, I'm running for president.

And I think, predictably, Shocked, there's a certain percentage of actual mental illness involved now.

Anywho. Wink

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/29/15 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see. You think they need a psych evaluation.

Truth be told, there tends to be a lot of narcissism (Like, diagnosable, not an insult) and bipolar disorder in a lot of people in the public eye.

It's the nature of the beast, similar to how CEOs have a significant higher percentage of psychopaths than any other occupation. The personality "issues" that occur because of these disorders actually aid in those areas. (It makes sense really, people with bipolar disorder tend to be more of risk takers, and people with narcissism would be drawn to being in the public eye..of course the idea that a psychopath's personality traits are beneficial to becoming a CEO always concerned me, but that's another conversation..)

I would really like to know how people could possibly think the way Republicans think. Like, honestly. I just don't get it. The line of thinking...lacks not only logic but also compassion.

PostPosted: 10/29/15 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<div itemprop="video" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/VideoObject"><iframe src="//player.theplatform.com/p/NnzsPC/widget/select/media/XJL0s5_YzTDl?carouselID=245776" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" seamless="seamless" allowFullScreen></iframe></div>

PostPosted: 10/29/15 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing^L.O.L.^ Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/29/15 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I missed the full exchange but Trump was questioned about calling Marco Rubio "Mark Zuckerberg's personal senator" and denied it. Maybe that was a technical denial with regard to "said". But I don't think the questioner should have left him off the hook - those words are used on Trump's website in his plan on immigration. But I am not disagreeing with Trump - Rubio is an strong advocate for Mark Zuckerberg's desires to import tech workers to drive down wages for tech companies.

Becky Quick was at a total loss for words by being straight up lied to. She knew it was true and was thrown off by the boldness of the bullshit Trump spewed. After a commercial break, it was great for her to not let it go and point out that it was on his website. Lovely how she handled Rand Paul's attempt to hijack things when asked about the rules. You could almost see Becky getting fed up with the childish crap coming from the candidates.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/30/15 3:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh God. Maybe I don't have an original thought in my head. I saw the SNL bit on Morning Joe weeks ago. And my old ass completely forgot about it to boot. Embarassed

Still... it doesn't cover the Ben Carson thing. That is different.

And the SNL bit used Mike Huckabee as an example. Now I don't like to use the word 'hate', but use that word in the middle of a sentence with my name and Mike Huckabee's name on the ends and you'll understand how I feel about Mike Fucking Huckabee.

But Mike Huckabee isn't crazy either. Are you KIDDING ME? lol. This is GREAT... the greatest thing ever... for Mike Huckabee's brand. Unlike most of those guys up there... he doesn't hold public office and he's a political commentator on TV. This is EXACTLY the greatest possible thing he could be doing for himself, the disgusting sack of shit.

Oh. One other thing I like about Huckabee. Wink Seriously, though. There may have been a couple of things he and a few other's said last night that actually struck a chord or at least a note with me.

Huckafuck said 'I play by the rules. I was taught to play by the rules.' Something like that. This is an issue. A note. A chord. Whatever. We teach our kids and young people in this country to play by the rules, meaning to proceed through their lives in an ethical manner... but also... I'm going to add... there are uniquely American codes of behavior etc. But I don't want to get into that... just wanted to add it. But this is a topic that I think, as I've said before, we must begin to discuss in this country with a vengeance. And we may be starting to do that... remember someone (not me) posted an article here from the New York Times about is honesty for suckers, or something like that.

Anyway. So my life theme as a person who comes from where they grow saps as easily as they suck sap out of trees in Vermont.. is that we are doing just that, creating an underclass and working class of saps and suckers who play by the rules or feel they should be, or are otherwise controlled or constrained by ethical rules they are taught. Many end up conflicted, and, inevitably, many either wise up and learn to skirt the same lines as those who weren't brainwashed or end up as out and out scoundrels.

Meanwhile... there's a world out there of people who don't ascribe to or comply with the same ethical values.

So... point being... Huckabee and any Republican... Tea Party type... populist... who pushes that button about playing by the rules... is going to find an audience whose ears prick up... because the word is getting out to those down there... Americans are slowly learning. They are looking around the poker table and they can't tell who the sucker is. But now they know that means it's them.

Elizabeth Warren. Bernie Sanders. They are all over this issue of people who are taught to play by the rules getting screwed. I'm hoping the next POTUS Hillary Clinton starts to work this theme as well.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 10/30/15 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

news this morning: the repug candidates/campaigns are getting together this sunday to pow-wow about the remaining debates structure. Jeb! still deciding if he will send a rep. the head of the RNC is not invited!

PostPosted: 10/30/15 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
tfan wrote:
I missed the full exchange but Trump was questioned about calling Marco Rubio "Mark Zuckerberg's personal senator" and denied it. Maybe that was a technical denial with regard to "said". But I don't think the questioner should have left him off the hook - those words are used on Trump's website in his plan on immigration. But I am not disagreeing with Trump - Rubio is an strong advocate for Mark Zuckerberg's desires to import tech workers to drive down wages for tech companies.

Becky Quick was at a total loss for words by being straight up lied to. She knew it was true and was thrown off by the boldness of the bullshit Trump spewed. After a commercial break, it was great for her to not let it go and point out that it was on his website.

I think it is actually worse than that he lied. I think he was unaware that his website says that. He admits to working with Senator Jeff Sessions on his immigration plan (which is not a long read) and I think Jeff Sessions wrote that and Trump doesn't even know or remember that he did. Two days after his website was for reducing H1-Bs to give those tech jobs to Americans, Trump started advocating giving work visas to all the foreigners graduating from US colleges. Which is not an exact contradiction, but a contradiction in principle. And he has continued to advocate giving more work visas to the foreign students (I think they frequently get them now) and did so in the debate as he was denying what was on his website.

I can't believe how incompetent that looks (whether lying or clueless) - he has a website calling Rubio "Mark Zuckerberg's personal senator" and then when questioned about it he becomes "Mark Zuckerberg's personal candidate", forcefully saying that he will supply Zuckerberg and Silicon Valley with all the foreign workers they want.

And the next day, after realizing what is on his website (and maybe learning what H1-Bs are) and learning how much he had dismayed supporters by proclaiming he will be the guy to bring in the foreign workers for Zuckerberg, he told conservative site Brietbart News that he thinks Disney should rehire the 250 IT workers they laid off and replaced with H1-Bs. Breitbart headlined that with "Trump Rights Ship".

There should be "instant fact-checking" in these debates - get the truth out before it is over, not just for a denial like Trump's, but also for what Rubio said. He claimed that he was advocating protections for US workers in his calls for more H1-Bs, but in fact his plan has no such protections, as noted the next day by the New York Times.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 10/30/15 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
news this morning: the repug candidates/campaigns are getting together this sunday to pow-wow about the remaining debates structure. Jeb! still deciding if he will send a rep. the head of the RNC is not invited!

UPDATE: RNC Chairman Priebus has announced they are pulling the Feb. debate from NBC because of how badly they thought the fiasco the other night went.

one big issue of doing that: NBC was going to simulcast the Feb. debate on Telemundo. guess that'll really help them get the Latino votes.

PostPosted: 10/30/15 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
There should be "instant fact-checking" in these debates - get the truth out before it is over, not just for a denial like Trump's, but also for what Rubio said. He claimed that he was advocating protections for US workers in his calls for more H1-Bs, but in fact his plan has no such protections, as noted the next day by the New York Times.

Like Pop-up Video! I'd watch the heck out of a debate like that. A few sound effects. Some informational bubbles. Oh, yeah! Cool

PostPosted: 01/17/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Highest rated show in CNBC history -- 14 million viewers.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/cnbc-republican-debate-14-million-viewers-1201629722/

All the TV pundits I heard said Rubio won, followed by Cruz and Christie. Yet the three online polls -- Drudge, Time Magazine and CNBC -- all have Trump dominantly winning. I could explain Drudge by assuming that website is populated by Trump fans, though I'm not sure why that should be, since Trump isn't particularly conservative. But why would the Time Magazine and CNBC websites be populated by Trump fans?

Trump has people and bots who vote over and over to skew the online polls.

It's hard to believe anyone would volunteer to vote that many times (144,000 for Trump in the Drudge poll alone), and I don't know what a voting bot is.

But even if that's true, why would only Trump be doing it? Why wouldn't the desperate and sinking Bush, who supposedly has $100 million, be doing the same thing?

On edit: I tried to vote more than once on Drudge and CNBC but both said they would only count my first vote.

So, yeah, today Michael Cohen admitted that he financed the rigging of polls on Drudge and CNBC...

PostPosted: 01/17/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Highest rated show in CNBC history -- 14 million viewers.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/cnbc-republican-debate-14-million-viewers-1201629722/

All the TV pundits I heard said Rubio won, followed by Cruz and Christie. Yet the three online polls -- Drudge, Time Magazine and CNBC -- all have Trump dominantly winning. I could explain Drudge by assuming that website is populated by Trump fans, though I'm not sure why that should be, since Trump isn't particularly conservative. But why would the Time Magazine and CNBC websites be populated by Trump fans?

Trump has people and bots who vote over and over to skew the online polls.

It's hard to believe anyone would volunteer to vote that many times (144,000 for Trump in the Drudge poll alone), and I don't know what a voting bot is.

But even if that's true, why would only Trump be doing it? Why wouldn't the desperate and sinking Bush, who supposedly has $100 million, be doing the same thing?

So, yeah, today Michael Cohen admitted that he financed the rigging of polls on Drudge and CNBC...

So, yeah....you KNOW he's lying. Just ask Donald. Or KellyAnn. Or Vladimir. Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: