RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Jersey article about Mabrey sisters playing each other.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 776
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/19 4:58 am    ::: Jersey article about Mabrey sisters playing each other. Reply Reply with quote

Nice article on the attitudes of the two sisters playing each other in an "official" game for the first time.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/01/14/virginia-tech-notre-dame-womens-college-basketball-dara-marina-mabrey-sisters/2419082002/


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17578
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/19 10:39 am    ::: Re: Jersey article about Mabrey sisters playing each other. Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Nice article on the attitudes of the two sisters playing each other in an "official" game for the first time.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/01/14/virginia-tech-notre-dame-womens-college-basketball-dara-marina-mabrey-sisters/2419082002/


For the rest of the family, there’s no possible way to root for one side or the other. The Mabrey parents and the rest of the family, oldest sister Michaela, older bother Roy Jr., a former CBA star, and youngest brother Ryan, a current CBA freshman, just want to watch both Marina and Dara play well.

That is the quite the athletic family!


taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 580
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/19 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see the young Mabrey avoid ND and choose her own path. Dara caught my eye about a year ago in one of the earlier articles on the family that I posted in a recruiting thread.

Doing well as a freshman at VaTech.

Averaging 26 minutes, 12 points
Leads in assists (2nd in turnovers)
Tied for most 3's while shooting 48% in 3's %
47% in FG
Impressive 88% FT

Team currently on a 3 game losing streak. Tough matchup for the Hokies and no one to stop Ogunbowale.


CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 776
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/19 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Good to see the young Mabrey avoid ND and choose her own path. Dara caught my eye about a year ago in one of the earlier articles on the family that I posted in a recruiting thread.

Doing well as a freshman at VaTech.

Averaging 26 minutes, 12 points
Leads in assists (2nd in turnovers)
Tied for most 3's while shooting 48% in 3's %
47% in FG
Impressive 88% FT

Team currently on a 3 game losing streak. Tough matchup for the Hokies and no one to stop Ogunbowale.


Considering where Va Tech has been the last few years and the fact that the coach is just in his second year, they're doing very well. So far it looks like they did a great job selecting a coach.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7314



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/16/19 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Ogwumike sisters somehow claim they have never played each other one on one.


CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 776
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/17/19 5:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW, in referencing the shooting ranges of the various Mabrey's one of the announcers at one point in the game said, "I wonder how big that driveway was in Belmar, NJ?"


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13327



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/17/19 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
BTW, in referencing the shooting ranges of the various Mabrey's one of the announcers at one point in the game said, "I wonder how big that driveway was in Belmar, NJ?"


I seem to recall reading somewhere that the reason for all their one-on-one games was that the driveway was too small for any more people to play at one time.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5356
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/17/19 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Ogwumike sisters somehow claim they have never played each other one on one.


Note that the "baby Ogwumikes" have their team (Rice) on top of their conference standings. (C-USA) Technically they're in a 3-way tie in the conference with Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky, but they have the best overall record at 13-3.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin