Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 01/15/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I've changed my opinion about who I want for the Libs. I want Collier, unless there's a way to get Ionescu.

I hope you get your wish. You’ll probably change your mind several more times before the draft.

Lol. I might. But I doubt it. At this point my big thing is to improve at multiple positions. The main difference in my thinking now is that I feel there are FA posts who’d help NY more than any small forwards realistically attainable. That’s mainly why I want Collier.

PostPosted: 01/16/19 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://theundefeated.com/features/baylors-kalani-brown-credits-mom-not-nba-dad-for-her-game/

Quote:
“I’m kind of like a Tim Duncan,” Brown said. “Drop a silent 20 and I’ma get out.”

pilight

PostPosted: 01/16/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Tiana Mangakahia leave Syracuse early for WNBA draft?

https://www.syracuse.com/orangewomen/2019/01/will-tiana-mangakahia-leave-syracuse-early-for-wnba-draft.html

Quote:
The Australia native led the NCAA with an average of 9.8 assists per game and set an ACC record with 304 assists last season. This year she averaging 17.1 points, 5.3 rebounds and 8 assists per game for the No. 12 Orange.

PostPosted: 01/16/19 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.syracuse.com/orangewomen/2019/01/will-tiana-mangakahia-leave-syracuse-early-for-wnba-draft.html

Quote:
"She’s a very good guard. If she has the opportunity to go to the WNBA and she gets picked high, she has to do what’s best for her,'' Hillsman said. "I think that when you’re talking about going to the next level, it’s the highest level of basketball. And if that’s what she decides to do, we’re going to fully support her.''

toad455

PostPosted: 01/16/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

Quote:
"She’s a very good guard. If she has the opportunity to go to the WNBA and she gets picked high, she has to do what’s best for her,'' Hillsman said. "I think that when you’re talking about going to the next level, it’s the highest level of basketball. And if that’s what she decides to do, we’re going to fully support her.''

I think due to the lack of PGs in the draft, she stands a solid chance. Likely a mid-second rounder.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 01/16/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"I definitely think about the WBNA,'' she said. "But right now, I’m just focused on this season. I probably won’t know for sure until after the season.''

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OqTuQPGmceA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/16/19 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she's a point guard and even remotely competent, why wasn't she in the mix for the Opals in Tenerife last year? They were desperate for somebody who could vaguely run the offense.

PostPosted: 01/16/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If she's a point guard and even remotely competent, why wasn't she in the mix for the Opals in Tenerife last year? They were desperate for somebody who could vaguely run the offense.

When it comes to the major tournaments it is pretty standard for the Opals not to bring in someone who is new to the program, which I can understand.
The confusing thing to me is why she wasn't named in our latest (announced just a week ago) extended squad. We should definitely be putting her in the mix for the Tokyo team.

Last edited by Luuuc on 01/16/19 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/16/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I wondered that at the time. Perhaps she's not politically correct? Luuc

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 01/16/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

yeah, the Opals team for 2020 at PG could very well be Mitchell, Mangakahia & Monique Conti.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/16/19 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

yeah, the Opals team for 2020 at PG could very well be Mitchell, Mangakahia & Monique Conti.

2 out of 3 is possible. I doubt Conti will be anywhere near it by next year.

PostPosted: 01/17/19 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mitchell, Mangakahia, and Conti are all 5-5 Smurfs. You need Kristy Wallace to get healthy. She's 5-11 and a legit combo guard. Kristy was fast and athletic before the injuries. I hope she can return to form.

PostPosted: 01/17/19 3:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor’s Kalani Brown credits mom, not NBA dad, for her game But the projected top-five WNBA pick hopes to follow in her dad’s footsteps

http://2hmonster.com/baylors-kalani-brown-credits-mom-not-nba-dad-for-her-game-but-the-projected-top-five-wnba-pick-hopes-to-follow-in-her-dads-footsteps/

Quote:
“I’m hungrier than ever,” Brown said, “not just because I’m a senior but because I’ve been knocking on that door for four years.”

Quote:
Since Brown was so much bigger than everybody else growing up, her mother taught her that her body and her post were her “bread and butter.” As a result, Brown is a left-handed, back-to-the-basket true 5 who stays home in the paint — a rarity at both the collegiate and professional levels.

Quote:
People my size, they don’t really make them like us anymore,” said Brown, who is listed at 6 feet, 7 inches. “I like to say I’m part of the old school, honestly, but I’m coming with the new wave.”

Quote:
“Out of all the big girls I used to watch, Sylvia Fowles is the one who stood out to me,” said Brown, who is expected to be a top-five pick in the WNBA draft. “If I get to the next level and my team is playing her, I’ll probably ask for an autograph.”

The admiration is mutual. Fowles, who was named WNBA MVP in 2017, praised the Baylor center for her basketball IQ, strength under the basket and “phenomenal” hands.

Quote:
“I think she’s going to shine, and I can’t wait to see her in the WNBA,” said Fowles, who reached out to Brown via text a few years ago. “It’s rare that you get bigs that play back to the basket. When we get them, we’ve got to keep them close because we’re very special to the game.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/17/19 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Baylor’s Kalani Brown credits mom, not NBA dad, for her game But the projected top-five WNBA pick hopes to follow in her dad’s footsteps

http://2hmonster.com/baylors-kalani-brown-credits-mom-not-nba-dad-for-her-game-but-the-projected-top-five-wnba-pick-hopes-to-follow-in-her-dads-footsteps/

As an aside, this article was already posted above.

stever wrote:
https://theundefeated.com/features/baylors-kalani-brown-credits-mom-not-nba-dad-for-her-game/

The link you posted is a re-publication of The Undefeated's article, with a tag for The Undefeated.

Just an FYI...

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan is going to dominate stretches of games against whichever of the teams in the league remain smallish going into 2019.

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
McCowan is going to dominate stretches of games against whichever of the teams in the league remain smallish going into 2019.

Who's really small other than the lottery teams? In which 2 od the 3 will most likely receive a 6"7 player.

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25788926&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 01/17/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/19 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ive compared McCowan to a Young Fowles all along and have gotten my head chopped off. Ive come to the realization that McCowan will effect the game on defense end at the next level wonderfully while Kalani brown will be most impactful on the offensive end. Id still say Brown is better....for now but McCowan will be better down the road.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 5:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Who's really small other than the lottery teams? In which 2 od the 3 will most likely receive a 6"7 player.

I get what you’re saying. And I see similarities to Fowles too. McCowan is not as athletic but she outweighs Fowles by 25 pounds, which means that for 235 pounds, McCowan’s athleticism is just fine. It also means she’ll probably have flashes of dominance similar to Syl’s rookie year.

I was even thinking teams like LA, NY (if they don’t draft Brown or Mc), CT, etc. CT has Jones, but she’s no match for Mc’s strength. Liz, Fowles and Griner are tough matchups for her but I think she’ll force everyone else into a negative matchup situation. I think people look at her and the initial reaction is she doesn’t have the explosive speed of Fowles or the unique agility of Griner. But, she’s also much physically stronger and weighs more than either player, which to me suggests that people should look more at how athletic she is relative to 235 pounds.

And I agree also that her raw talent is high enough to be developed into a much better player down the road.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 5:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry I'm just not of fan of McCowan I tried lol she misses too many layups/bunnies, she has no post up game, when she does make a move its like slow motion, stiff.

She will definitely impact the defensive end like wnba 09 said but I'm puttin my money on K. Brown to be the better prospect.

ClayK

PostPosted: 01/18/19 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan looks to me like she will spend a lot of time watching opposing centers make layups at the other end of the floor.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've said it before - there's a little bit too much Kara Braxton in McCowan for me to be comfortable about her future prospects. You can absolutely see why a coach/GM would be excited to get her on their roster and try to maximise her potential, but her flaws mean she doesn't seem like any kind of dead cert superstar.

PostPosted: 01/18/19 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

McCowan is not as athletic but she outweighs Fowles by 25 pounds, which means that for 235 pounds, McCowan’s athleticism is just fine.

Yesterday, didn't Debbie Antonelli say that McCowan was 6-7 285 lbs? That would make her the same size as Zion Williamson. Laughing

She also said that Cuevas-Moore is 5-9, when Bianca is listed at 5-6 (maybe generously).

PostPosted: 01/18/19 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25789560&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 29 of 74

Jump to: