And the #1 Pick goes to....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/01/04 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Rant to follow...

VeProf has really earned his stripes as TDMFOTB tonight. I have never met anyone with his inability to comprehend other people's comments.

So, are you going to invite him over to this board ... Wink

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/01/04 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Record lottery winner arrested on DUI, weapons charges...

I was relieved to see that story wasn't about Seth.

At first I was really bummed for SASS, but what they really need is a coach.

Congratulations to Charlotte!

Indy, PLEASE use your pick wisely!!!

Alepp03

PostPosted: 12/01/04 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the mentionings of VeProf, I always forget that he isn't on this board.

I am disappointed about the Comets not getting a higher pick, but now this way Van is more likely to draft a player, and hopefully not a random pick, but more along the lines of his Michelle Snow pick. That'd be nice.

PostPosted: 12/02/04 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
I love the mentionings of VeProf, I always forget that he isn't on this board.

I am disappointed about the Comets not getting a higher pick, but now this way Van is more likely to draft a player, and hopefully not a random pick, but more along the lines of his Michelle Snow pick. That'd be nice.

Well, if he's cruising by and checks us out, he's welcome to throw his hat in the ring here, any time he wants. I would be glad to have him, I've always liked VeProf, I enjoy people with passionate beliefs.

Shaqfan

PostPosted: 12/02/04 3:16 am    ::: Shaq cant go to the East Reply Reply with quote

I hope Janel aka Shaq.... hence my username Shaqfan.... well I hope she does not go to the East. For my own selfish reasons I would like her to go somewhere in the West. (Except Houston or LA)

I know the chances of seeing her in a Lynx uniform are slim to none, and although I was "one of those" who were hard on the Lynx management for not doing enough for Lindsay, I will not take the same stance on Janel. Yes you can mark my words. I just really like our team right now, and we finally have some true bigs. I love Ohdle and Hayden, and dont want to part with them right now. We cant not trade the whole team for Janel.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 12/02/04 8:42 am    ::: Big V? Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Phoenix should consider trading #3 for either Vanessa Hayden or Michelle Snow.

Minnesota won't give up Big V unless we can get Janel-- maybe not even then, since Hayden will learn to foul less often before Shaq (a player I do love) learns to grow 3". On the other hand, Shaq's quicker, has obvious attendance value here, and can probably body up to protect a taller player (Ohlde); on the third hand, that's Tamika Williams' job right now, and it's working OK but not brilliantly. I'd trade Big V for Janel AND Anna DeForge, but I doubt the Merc would go for that one. And what the Lynx really need (all together now) is a faster PG and an outside threat not named Smith.

caune

PostPosted: 12/02/04 9:14 am    ::: Re: Big V? Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Phoenix should consider trading #3 for either Vanessa Hayden or Michelle Snow.

Minnesota won't give up Big V unless we can get Janel-- maybe not even then, since Hayden will learn to foul less often before Shaq (a player I do love) learns to grow 3". On the other hand, Shaq's quicker, has obvious attendance value here, and can probably body up to protect a taller player (Ohlde); on the third hand, that's Tamika Williams' job right now, and it's working OK but not brilliantly. I'd trade Big V for Janel AND Anna DeForge, but I doubt the Merc would go for that one. And what the Lynx really need (all together now) is a faster PG and an outside threat not named Smith.

how about our #3 pick and Anna for big V and Kristi Harrower? That moves dee to the 2, kristi is the point, then PJ, Plenette and V play posT?
kinda a slow team, but intrigueing

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/02/04 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry? I'm a little confused here. I thought there was a certain guarantee that the team with the worst record would get a pick no lower than third. I dimly recall reading that somewhere.

*shakes head* So confused. So annoyed. My fanship is taking some very hard hits here.

PostPosted: 12/02/04 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
how about our #3 pick and Anna for big V and Kristi Harrower? That moves dee to the 2, kristi is the point, then PJ, Plenette and V play posT?
kinda a slow team, but intrigueing

WAY too much to give up. Harrower isn't going to bring the offense to replace Anna.

#3 for Hayden, straight up, is a fair deal. Plus, Minnesota has a good team with the committed owner but the franchise needs attendance to avoid being on life support.

Keegan

PostPosted: 12/02/04 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I'm sorry? I'm a little confused here. I thought there was a certain guarantee that the team with the worst record would get a pick no lower than third. I dimly recall reading that somewhere.

I remember reading that. I thought whoever made that comment was very bad at arithmetic in school.
Keegan

PostPosted: 12/02/04 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

#3 for Hayden, straight up, is a fair deal. Plus, Minnesota has a good team with the committed owner but the franchise needs attendance to avoid being on life support.

I'd give up #3 and a PF for Hayden.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 12/02/04 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
then PJ

Since when do the Mercury have someone with those initials on their team?

Honestly, I don't see McCarville slipping past either Charlotte or Indiana. Charlotte needs a 4, and a TSB/JM post-duo, especially in the Eastern Conference, would be a nice situation for the Sting. Natalie Williams is aging and Kelly Schumacher is up and down like a yo-yo, so Indiana will need a big in the paint soon (if not now). I think McCarville could handle being a center better in the East than in the West, but that's just my opinion.

Does anyone know where Phoenix stands with Maria Stepanova? If she were coming back, I'd say keep the #3 pick and draft Irvin, Batteast, or Currie if they're available. If not, I'd say make a trade to get a banger in the post...the one true weakness of Phoenix.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/02/04 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't Taj an unrestricted free agent?

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 12/02/04 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the Lynx should just go straight for the trade with Charlotte. Maybe Charlotte learned a lesson last year by turning down the deal.

So -- Hayden and anyone else but Smith and Ohlde for #1?

Or, do the combo deal -- give Hayden to Cam/Sulka for the #3, then if needed, give the #3 and #11 or something else to Charlotte.

I don't really wanna lose Hayden either. And this would probably make our team worse. But McCarville is just so much fun to watch play... I really want her around, even if it means a few more losses.

caune

PostPosted: 12/02/04 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Quote:
then PJ

Since when do the Mercury have someone with those initials on their team?

Honestly, I don't see McCarville slipping past either Charlotte or Indiana. Charlotte needs a 4, and a TSB/JM post-duo, especially in the Eastern Conference, would be a nice situation for the Sting. Natalie Williams is aging and Kelly Schumacher is up and down like a yo-yo, so Indiana will need a big in the paint soon (if not now). I think McCarville could handle being a center better in the East than in the West, but that's just my opinion.

Does anyone know where Phoenix stands with Maria Stepanova? If she were coming back, I'd say keep the #3 pick and draft Irvin, Batteast, or Currie if they're available. If not, I'd say make a trade to get a banger in the post...the one true weakness of Phoenix.

PJ is Penelope Jane Taylor;)

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/02/04 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The lottery couldn't go any worse for the Sun. Both of the two Eastern teams ended up 1-2. It's going to be even tougher to win in the parity laden East next year.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/02/04 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, the East is closing in, but it's not quite there yet. 2003 is looking more and more like an asterisk year. It doesn't help that the East teams are getting top picks in weak drafts. And then, as in Thomas's case, they end up in the West anyway...

PostPosted: 12/02/04 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the sun would have offered Douglas and the #8 for a shot at McCarville, but I don't think they'll trade her to one of the eastern teams.

Although sending her home to Indiana would be areal good PR move for the league too. Well, I guess keeping Batteast in Indiana would be too.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/02/04 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I think the sun would have offered Douglas and the #8 for a shot at McCarville, but I don't think they'll trade her to one of the eastern teams.

Although sending her home to Indiana would be areal good PR move for the league too. Well, I guess keeping Batteast in Indiana would be too.

Batteast would help Indiana's attendance, but they have enough forwards already.

I just realized this morning that I missed Notre Dame at USC last Friday.

DOH!

wadethered

PostPosted: 12/02/04 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
San Antonio really just needs a SF, and there aren't any obvious standouts in this year's draft.

I'd call Kendra Wecker a stand-out. I think she would be absolutely AWESOME at SA.

Last edited by wadethered on 12/02/04 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/02/04 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I just realized this morning that I missed Notre Dame at USC last Friday.

Unfortunately for Coach TW he didn't!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/02/04 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:

I'd call Kendra Wecker a stand-out. I think she would be absolutely AWESOME at SA.

Hopefully they'll get some more Kansas State games on TV this year... She seems pretty good from what I've seen previously, but Pts and Rbs are the easy part. I'm looking for the assists, which SA needs a lot more of in their frontcourt.

Kendra looks pretty buff in that picture Shocked So that's at least promising...

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/02/04 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wecker has thoroughly ineffective against Monique Currie and she may struggle on a team when she has to tbe the star.

But put her on a team with existing go-to players like Sacramento, and she would put up very good numbers. She is the three-point threat that team desperately needs.

Actually, Wecker would be a good fit for the Lynx as well, but I doubt she will be available at Minnesota's current draft position.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/02/04 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Wecker has thoroughly ineffective against Monique Currie and she may struggle on a team when she has to tbe the star.

But put her on a team with existing go-to players like Sacramento, and she would put up very good numbers. She is the three-point threat that team desperately needs.

Actually, Wecker would be a good fit for the Lynx as well, but I doubt she will be available at Minnesota's current draft position.

If Wecker is drafted below 3rd, she won't have to worry about being the star.. Confused

SA is bookended by stars PeeWee and Marie, and LaToya and Margo. They need someone to fill in the blanks between the two. The largest blank is the assists. That's why I'm concerned about the 'transferability' of Wecker's assist average.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/02/04 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
SA is bookended by stars PeeWee and Marie, and LaToya and Margo. They need someone to fill in the blanks between the two. The largest blank is the assists. That's why I'm concerned about the 'transferability' of Wecker's assist average.

Hmmm, Pee Wee (downside?), Marie (injured), LaToya (okay) and Margo (LOL) are hardly what I'd call a star-studded lineup! Wecker seems like a Katie Douglas/Alison Feaster type of role player to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: