RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AEH and Geno criticism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 12/29/18 7:45 pm    ::: AEH and Geno criticism Reply Reply with quote

This earns it own thread since some posters felt the need to hijack many other threads about this. It's apparent that Vic doesn't trust AEH against the top teams and she gets playing time in blowouts only. Geno didn't always give her blowout minutes because he felt that she didn't earn them. A coach like Vic has to oil the chain every 10 minutes to give it happy except for when the tall lumber comes to shine. The attacks on Geno and UConn were unwarranted as the same deficiencies she had at UConn are still apparent at Hail State. How many players who left the UConn program became true stars in their new program? There's a reason a lot of them leave and a lot are lucky to be double figure scorers. Natalie Butler is one that comes to mind that was a success before and after, but in her position there were multiple All-Americans to carry the load. So.............with that said. With the 2018 fiscal year coming to an end, can mods make sure that this is over with? I wanted to wait until now because if I commented then, I'm pretty sure I'd be banned. Let AEH be happy if she's happy, UConn is doing just fine.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/29/18 7:48 pm    ::: Re: AEH and Geno criticism Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
How many players who left the UConn program became true stars in their new program?

Elena Delle Donne

PostPosted: 12/29/18 10:12 pm    ::: Re: AEH and Geno criticism Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
How many players who left the UConn program became true stars in their new program?

Elena Delle Donne

Natalie Butler

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/30/18 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't feel it's the mods job to regulate that kind of content. God forbid the mods have to regulate a thread every time it gets highjacked or goes kittywampass.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/30/18 1:59 pm    ::: Re: AEH and Geno criticism Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
This earns it own thread since some posters felt the need to hijack many other threads about this.

Could you identify the other threads. I like AEH and would like to read them.
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 12/31/18 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok well natalie butler was a grad transfer.
elena never played for UConn so you can't use her as an example. she didn't transfer because she didn't get enough PT.

tfan

PostPosted: 12/31/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we get a list of players who transferred from UConn and criteria as to what constitutes them being a "star"? Courtney Ekmark starts for ASU and was a 9.6ppg player last year. Does that hurt or bolster Auriemma in your eyes?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/31/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno invited a lot of criticism with his comments about AEH. As for previous transfers finding success elsewhere, Samarie Walker was on a par with Ekmark...9.2 ppg and 8.2 rpg in 24 mpg at Kentucky. Probably not a "star", but she was a solid contributor and not a bench-sitter while she was there. Ditto for Brianna Banks at Penn St...played 30 mpg with 13.4 ppg.

Last edited by FrozenLVFan on 01/01/19 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/31/18 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's see how Lexi Gordon does at Texas Tech Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 12/31/18 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Which players (outside of EDD, who was never really a part of the program) have transferred from UConn AND been drafted into the WNBA?

That being said, they never would have at UConn anyway and probably would have barely ever made it off the bench.

Not to stoke the fire, but the numerous transfers, as well as the relative lack of recruiting over the last couple of seasons have spelled UConn’s doom as a long-term National Championship contender.

My bittersweet prediction is: IF they win the Championship this year, it will be their last. Ever.

And I don’t see that happening with a disgruntled Notre Dame and a hungry Oregon nipping at their heels.

auntie

PostPosted: 01/01/19 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michala Johnson played for UConn and then transferred to Wisconsin. She was drafted in the 3rd Round by the Liberty.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: