RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17368
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/24/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Assuming Vandersloot is cored, the best bet for Dallas is to try to lure Briann January or Jasmine Thomas for a one year rental. I tend to think January is more likely to accept a one year deal.


January is an assistant coach at Arizona State. Doubtful she leaves the Phoenix area for the WNBA season.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7939
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/24/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow some of these selections and scenarios are just down right disrespectful , But entertaining ideas carry on Very Happy



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 131
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/18 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

Have you heard the rumor about Amber Stokes may fill the last assistant coaching slot?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7939
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

Have you heard the rumor about Amber Stokes may fill the last assistant coaching slot?


I have not. Most of my reliable sources are playing overseas at the moment the little info i do hear comes from season ticket reps normally during this portion of the offseason. I expect january for things to pick up with Wings info. What have you heard DFWub 2018?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 131
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/18 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

My source said she has multiple phone contacts with the powers that be.......


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8432
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/18 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would make somewhat sense. Reunited with Agler and see if they can make things work in Dallas. Plus, she needs a job.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15468
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/18 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Assuming Vandersloot is cored, the best bet for Dallas is to try to lure Briann January or Jasmine Thomas for a one year rental. I tend to think January is more likely to accept a one year deal.


Sloot will be cored because they know that Allie is not going anywhere without her anyway



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 131
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/18 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania,

I hope so, she seems like she would be a good fit in our organization!


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7939
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
lynxmania,

I hope so, she seems like she would be a good fit in our organization!


+1



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2503



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/18 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm so Stocks is now on Rebkell Laughing Laughing Laughing


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7939
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Hmm so Stocks is now on Rebkell Laughing Laughing Laughing


This _______



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Skyfan22



Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Posts: 256



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/31/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am excited to have Agler as head coach!!! I embraced women’s basketball in the height of the Summitt era when defense and rebounding were the bedrock of basketball. All my ladies’ teams since 2008LV championship have been only able to muster the defensive presence of gnats-the Lady Vols, the Sky and the Wings. C’mon Agler work your magic!!!


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 50259



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Were not trading the 5th pick. Just a word to the wise.


You wouldn’t trade it for Plum or Jefferson, considering PG is an apparent need whether Diggins comes back quick or not?

I could see Dallas trading #5 for Jefferson, and then if they still wanted a high pick, trading a cored Glory Johnson for #6 and AJones. Maybe the AJones part wouldn’t even be necessary because Johnson has baggage issues.

Jefferson/(#17 pick vs #22 pick or AJones?)
AGray/Hill/
Christmas-Kelly/Davis
Thornton/Stevens
Cambage/Plaisance

Odds & Ends
George
Lucas
Romero

AJones would add a little local flavor to the team being she’s from Dallas.

Plaisance is playing well overseas, but George will probably be needed in the unlikelihood that Cambage doesn’t come back.

If #6 came down to a choice between Ogunbowale and Collier, either could work. Just switch where you have Davis slotted.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 01/12/19 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18205



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering there isn't a PG worth taking at #5, a trade wouldn't surprise me. Unless Agler would use Ogunbowale as a temp PG?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 50259



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Considering there isn't a PG worth taking at #5, a trade wouldn't surprise me. Unless Agler would use Ogunbowale as a temp PG?


Again, it won’t win you games starting an actual college PG as a WNBA rookie, so starting Ogunbowale as a PG would probably be a disaster.

Agler is like Reeve when it comes to rookies, and PG is the toughest position for a rookie. I’m guessing Agler will either acquire a good PG with at least some experience, or just make do with what he’s got in Hill, Gray, or Davis.

Agler is pretty good at finding foreign players to fill in, so that might be an option too. Dibs on Dabovic?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1377



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Were not trading the 5th pick. Just a word to the wise.


You wouldn’t trade it for Plum or Jefferson, considering PG is an apparent need whether Diggins comes back quick or not?

I could see Dallas trading #5 for Jefferson, and then if they still wanted a high pick, trading a cored Glory Johnson for #6 and AJones. Maybe the AJones part wouldn’t even be necessary because Johnson has baggage issues.

Jefferson/(#17 pick vs #22 pick or AJones?)
AGray/Hill/
Christmas-Kelly/Davis
Thornton/Stevens
Cambage/Plaisance

Odds & Ends
George
Lucas
Romero

AJones would add a little local flavor to the team being she’s from Dallas.

Plaisance is playing well overseas, but George will probably be needed in the unlikelihood that Cambage doesn’t come back.

If #6 came down to a choice between Ogunbowale and Collier, either could work. Just switch where you have Davis slotted.

Lol Minnesota should have drafted Glory Johnson when they had the chance, issues or not, she’s worth more then Jones and the 6th pick.
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3648
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Lol Minnesota should have drafted Glory Johnson when they had the chance, issues or not, she’s worth more then Jones and the 6th pick.


Dev Peters helped the Lynx win in 2015 while Glory Johnson wouldn't have, as she was out for the season, and then the Lynx flipped Dev Peters for perennial winner, Superstar Natasha Howard, who is probably worth more than Jones and the 6th pick too, but I won't go any further. Smile


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 131
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow...there really is alot of people who would love to see the worst case scenario for our team vs their own when it comes to the draft or roster moves!!!


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 50259



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Wow...there really is alot of people who would love to see the worst case scenario for our team vs their own when it comes to the draft or roster moves!!!


If you’re saying the worst case scenario is drafting Ogunbowale to use as a PG, I agree.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7939
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/19 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Phillips suit up please Laughing

A trade could be possible , but im not sure Jefferson or Plum would be any better. Pre-Injury jefferson i would have been all in for. Plum is still not a PG to me more of a SG with great court vision and a shaky handle. #5 hmmm maybe but im not convinced yet in a long term sense on how good Plum will become. Why not go after a PG in free agency? Slooty might be available possibly or
Boyd, Brittany
Cloud, Natasha
Erica Wheeler
Chelsea Gray
Briann January

All could fill the whole while skylar recovers &
All available for Agler to work his magic before the draft.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1215
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/19 5:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Wheeler is the only one from the list who will actually be available.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18205



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
I think Wheeler is the only one from the list who will actually be available.


She's the Wings' best option. Agler should throw money at her. Then whenever Diggins returns, she'd make a solid back-up PG/SG. If not, Agler needs to trade for a PG. Otherwise, Agler may be forced to bring in someone like Lindsey Allen, Lexie Brown or Alexis Jones.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12516



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/19 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there an approximate date for Diggins' return?



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 131
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

No, I was referring to your Jefferson/Plum idea! But, you usually have some great suggestions, just not in this case for my team Very Happy


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 50259



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/19 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades,
No, I was referring to your Jefferson/Plum idea! But, you usually have some great suggestions, just not in this case for my team Very Happy


If you have a better idea, who do you want at #5 that would be better than a young PG that’s already broken in? Keep in mind, Plum was a #1 pick in 2017 and Jefferson was a #2 pick in 2016, so it’s not like you’re getting robbed if Laimbeer would even consider that deal.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 13 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin