RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games 12/29
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/29/18 3:38 pm    ::: Other games 12/29 Reply Reply with quote

Marquette leads Providence 22-6 with 6:43 to go in the half. But I’m nervous about Allazia Blockton - she went down hard under the basket a little while ago and hobbled off the court to the locker room with the trainer.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/29/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

40-12 at the half. Providence started by shooting 1-23 and they're now "up to" 3-30 10%. Shocked

Hoping for the best on Blockton. The injury didn't look too bad when it happened, and Allazia was able to limp off on her own. However, she went back to the locker room and hasn't come back.

PostPosted: 12/29/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
40-12 at the half. Providence started by shooting 1-23 and they're now "up to" 3-30 10%. Shocked

Hoping for the best on Blockton. The injury didn't look too bad when it happened, and Allazia was able to limp off on her own. However, she went back to the locker room and hasn't come back.

Hiedeman was beating Providence all by herself at the half 😀. Blockton hasn’t come back out. Hoping she can at least be better by Friday for the DePaul game.

CompSci87

PostPosted: 12/29/18 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford matches that with a 41-12 lead over CSUN at half.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/29/18 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

85-46 Marquette final. Blockton never came back. She has an ankle injury, but no information on how serious.

PostPosted: 12/29/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

41-12 Stanford over CSUN at the half. Kinda looks like Marquette-Providence. CSUN shooting 4-26 15.4%.

PostPosted: 12/29/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
85-46 Marquette final. Blockton never came back. She has an ankle injury, but no information on how serious.

And there probably won't be any information released about it either. So now I nervously await Monday's game to find out her status for that game. I will be looking right at who's warming up as soon as I walk into the Al Monday afternoon.

Hiedeman led the way with points for MU but I was super impressed with Erika Davenport's double-double that included 20 rebounds (she had 19 points). The win was defniitely overshadowed by Blockton's injury Sad.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/29/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

69-43 Stanford final. CSUN still had only 15 points with under 3 minutes left in the 3rd Qtr, but they managed to score 28 in the last 12 1/2 minutes to make it bad rather than embarrassing.

Fluker 6 points, 3-13. I thought after her big game against ND in the NCAA Tournament that she might have a chance to get drafted. This performance won't help. Alanna Smith looked great when she could manage to stay on the floor (14 pts in 18 minutes). As the announcers discussed during the game, this has become a recurring theme with her. Smith needs to get the fouls under control.

PostPosted: 12/29/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of Stanford's posts looked better than Fluker. Smith and Dodson both way better.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/29/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
Most of Stanford's posts looked better than Fluker. Smith and Dodson both way better.

There's no doubt Smith is far better than Fluker. However, in fairness to Channon, you're comparing Dodson's career best to a bad game by Fluker. The highlight of Channon's career was putting up 25 pts (12-21), 11 rebounds, and 4 blocks in the NCAA Tournament against the eventual champions, Notre Dame. In all likelihood, Fluker is not as bad as she was today nor as good as she was in March.

PostPosted: 12/29/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creighton leads at DePaul 77-71 with 4:50 to go in the game.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/29/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Butler wins at Villanova 63-55 - a little surprised by that result.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/29/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creighton beating Depaul is the bigger surprise.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/29/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Creighton leads at DePaul 77-71 with 4:50 to go in the game.

Creighton wins 85-82 at DePaul - wow. The BE is looking pretty weak this season. Marquette is in big trouble Monday if Blockton can't play and may be in trouble even if she can play.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/29/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:

Yeah - I was definitely surprised by that one but still was mildly surprised to see Butler win at Villanova. I was actually kind of rooting for DePaul against Creighton - as I said in my other post the BE looks pretty weak this year.

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 12/29/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

Yeah - I was definitely surprised by that one but still was mildly surprised to see Butler win at Villanova. I was actually kind of rooting for DePaul against Creighton - as I said in my other post the BE looks pretty weak this year.

Eh I wouldn’t necessarily say that. A lot of other conferences are weaker too. Butler actually seems pretty good this year.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/29/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

Eh I wouldn’t necessarily say that. A lot of other conferences are weaker too. Butler actually seems pretty good this year.

There really weren't too many great non-conference wins by Big East teams this season and I'm thinking the loss to Creighton by DePaul isn't so good (and I'm hoping Marquette can beat them Monday but wouldn't be surprised if they also lose to Creighton). I wasn't sure what to make of Butler yet as they didn't exactly have the toughest non-conference schedule.

I'd like to see MU and DePaul remain in the national rankings but MU already dropped 3-4 slots losing to Notre Dame and are probably close to dropping out with a loss to any BE team but DePaul.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/29/18 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

The Big East is actually the number 4 conference according to the RPI, ahead of both the Big 12 and the SEC. This is primarily due to the lack of a really bad team (Providence is the lowest ranked at 133), but it also means that the conference could get as many as 4 or 5 teams in the tournament depending on how many teams wind up over .500 in league play.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 12/30/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the end of the 3rd quarter, Utah is leading Colorado 56-49.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/30/18 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For some reason I was under the illusion that Colorado was going to be better this year....but no.

- Amanda Gorman
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/30/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
For some reason I was under the illusion that Colorado was going to be better this year....but no.

Utah has two really good freshmen. I dont see a big drop off for them. Colorado is strong at guard with Leonard and Robinson but their post game is suspect.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/30/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm at UCLA @ USC. This should be interesting.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 12/30/18 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haven’t watched a ton of UCLA this year, but do they have any shooters on the team? It just looks like USC can sag off and cover up the post because no one wants to shoot.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/30/18 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal falls to Harvard 85-79. Harvard shoots 53.4% from the field and 54.2% (13-24) from 3Pt range. It was an exciting back and forth 4th Qtr until the end when Cal had to foul to stop the clock. Anigwe killed Cal by shooting 6-14 from the free throw line and 3-11 from the field.

The mods should change the title of this thread if we're also going to use it for 12/30.

PostPosted: 12/30/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Haven’t watched a ton of UCLA this year, but do they have any shooters on the team? It just looks like USC can sag off and cover up the post because no one wants to shoot.

UCLA wins 72-65.

We dont have any great shooters but two of our post players had a bunch to pull away. It was a tough game and the Bruins came back from an 11-point deficit to take the lead in the third.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: