RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Atlanta Dream 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9758



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/11/18 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So did he replace anyone? It sounds like a new position, which would imply an investment on the part of the owners. And if they're investing in the franchise, then hopefully they're committed to making it work in Atlanta.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/11/18 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
So did he replace anyone? It sounds like a new position, which would imply an investment on the part of the owners. And if they're investing in the franchise, then hopefully they're committed to making it work in Atlanta.


It looks like he replaced Teresa Wenzel as Team President. She is no longer on the web page. The Dream President position is a bit of a hot potato - there have been a lot of Team Presidents come and go over the years. I have to assume that Wenzel did not leave to retire or they might have mentioned that. She lasted about 2.5 years which is pretty good for a Dream President. Could have been they just figured they didn't need two people to do one job, and Sienko clearly had much better talent evaluation credentials. Wenzel was a assistant AD at Georgia Tech for 10 years, which seems more of an administrative function. It seems she let Cooper handle talent evaluation. We will likely never know, but it would be nice to see someone stick for a while. (Maybe that's just the way it is in the world of pro sport I don't know.)

http://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-tabs-theresa-wenzel-as-team-president/


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51813



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that Parker is with Turner Sports, any chance she might want to move to ATL? Too bad the Dream don’t seem to be the most rock solid club with their low attendance.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51813



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote



Check out this crazy uniform. If you took away the shorts aspect, doesn’t it look sort of like something you’d find at a hip dress shop?

Anyway, that was just a side observation. I wanted to point out that the player pictured in that uni, Alexis Prince, tallied up 41 pts, 9 reb in a game in France(?). Those are pretty nice numbers no matter where you play. I always thought she was a bit underrated as a prospect. Has her time come?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 12/06/18 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59140
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love those uniforms



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19581



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

any word if the Dream are playing at Phillips Arena(ummm, State Farm Arena) in 2019?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59140
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
any word if the Dream are playing at Phillips Arena(ummm, State Farm Arena) in 2019?


I talked to my ticket rep earlier this week. She said there should be an announcement by the end of the month.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
any word if the Dream are playing at Phillips Arena(ummm, State Farm Arena) in 2019?


I talked to my ticket rep earlier this week. She said there should be an announcement by the end of the month.


Did she hint which way it would go or just there would be an announcement?


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59140
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
any word if the Dream are playing at Phillips Arena(ummm, State Farm Arena) in 2019?


I talked to my ticket rep earlier this week. She said there should be an announcement by the end of the month.


Did she hint which way it would go or just there would be an announcement?


She thought they'd be back at Phillips



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10418
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:


Check out this crazy uniform. If you took away the shorts aspect, doesn’t it look sort of like something you’d find at a hip dress shop?

Anyway, that was just a side observation. I wanted to point out that the player pictured in that uni, Alexis Prince, tallied up 41 pts, 9 reb in a game in France(?). Those are pretty nice numbers no matter where you play. I always thought she was a bit underrated as a prospect. Has her time come?


With that uniform, YES! Very Happy



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59140
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/13/18 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel McCoughtry's official site is open

https://officialize.com/@angelmccoughtry/



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59140
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/14/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1073585938419343360

Quote:
We have some BIG news to share...but we can't tell you just yet 🤫

Mark your calendars for December 18



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19581



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/14/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1073585938419343360

Quote:
We have some BIG news to share...but we can't tell you just yet 🤫

Mark your calendars for December 18


Jersey sponsor and moving back to State Farm Arena?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lethalweapon3



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 210
Location: ATL ITP, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/16/18 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:

Other link mentioned... the references to the Dream on the recently-transferred URL pages of statefarmarena dot-com. No changes apparent from whatever Philips Arena had on there.

https://www.statefarmarena.com/teams/detail/atlanta-dream
https://www.statefarmarena.com/teams


I probably glazed over this, and hope it's just a typo/oversight by whoever typed the placeholder months ago for the Dream on the Farm's website.

Quote:
Games in the 2018-19 season will be played at McCamish Pavilion.


~lw3


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19581



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/16/18 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
lethalweapon3 wrote:

Other link mentioned... the references to the Dream on the recently-transferred URL pages of statefarmarena dot-com. No changes apparent from whatever Philips Arena had on there.

https://www.statefarmarena.com/teams/detail/atlanta-dream
https://www.statefarmarena.com/teams


I probably glazed over this, and hope it's just a typo/oversight by whoever typed the placeholder months ago for the Dream on the Farm's website.

Quote:
Games in the 2018-19 season will be played at McCamish Pavilion.


~lw3


if that was already confirmed, STH should/would have been notified already.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7419



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/16/18 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Games in the 2018-19 season will be played at McCamish Pavilion.


I guess the idea is that a WNBA season is considered to go from October thru September (in this case October 2018 thru September 2019)? If it was considered to go from May 2018 thru April 2019, that would be referring to last year. But I thought that October thru April was considered the "off-season". They also could possibly have meant "2018 and 2019 seasons".


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/16/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Dream were not playing at State Farm it seems odd they would be mentioned the Dream at all on the SF Arena web page. Why would they bother? So maybe it is just a screw up.

I'm guessing the big announcement will be moving to SF. (Sorry ClayK - State Farm, not San Francisco.)


lethalweapon3



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 210
Location: ATL ITP, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/18/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

***pulls up a chair***


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59140
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/18/18 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're coming home

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-announce-2019-home-games-to-be-played-at-state-farm-arena/

Quote:
Dream Elite members, package buyers and those who have placed 2019 deposits will soon be receiving information regarding ticket renewal options, seat-locations, a pick-your-seat event, themes and more.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51813



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/18/18 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/b0413b0d77c83c1899d5504fe30b53fb/5C1B92FA/t50.2886-16/48457698_533962247080176_7980520084642725888_n.mp4



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lethalweapon3



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 210
Location: ATL ITP, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/18/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, what a relief it is! Very Happy

The announcement about Khakis Kholiseum is JUST for 2019, so I'll curb my enthusiasm for the years that follow (probably more important to have a league playing after 2019, first).

~lw3


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19581



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/18/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess they'll test to see if they draw better there. Take it one season at a time, otherwise it's back to McCamish.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/18/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
Oh, what a relief it is! Very Happy

The announcement about Khakis Kholiseum is JUST for 2019, so I'll curb my enthusiasm for the years that follow (probably more important to have a league playing after 2019, first).

~lw3


I'm hoping for Mercedes Benz for 2020. Smile


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7419



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/18/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
State Farm Arena will also be the first NBA venue to offer fan-friendly food pricing with 12 popular food and beverage items priced at $5 or less.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/19 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is the FA list.

https://www.wnba.com/2019-core-reserved-free-agents/

Not much to choose from, esp for a 3.

I could see going after Christmas-Kelly if there is reason to think her injury is fully healed. She could start until Angel is back and might take some of the load off of Angel after that. Maybe Alex Montgomery. Or (heavens forbid) TRP.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin