RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Todd Troxel (Merc Assistant) Accused of Dom. Violence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 12/18/18 4:45 am    ::: Todd Troxel (Merc Assistant) Accused of Dom. Violence Reply Reply with quote

[url=http://m.tmz.com/#!2018/12/18/phoenix-mercury-todd-troxel-gruesome-injury-police-report-wnba-assistant-coach/]WNBA Coach Suffers Gruesome Injury During Alleged Domestic Violence Incident[/url]

Quote:
Once they got to the home, Todd's fiance essentially broke up with him and he flipped out. She claims he grabbed her and pinned her to the ground and when she got up ... he yanked her hand, dislocating her finger. He then followed her to the front door and punched through a window.

The fiancee called 911 -- and then transported Troxel to a nearby hospital.

When investigators circled back with the fiancee hours later, they told her there was sufficient evidence to support possible criminal charges against Troxel.

But, the fiancee made it clear she did not want to cooperate with investigators -- and just just wanted him to get better.

PostPosted: 12/18/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://nypost.com/2018/12/18/wnba-coach-severs-arteries-in-bizarre-attack-on-fiancee-cops/

According to this report, Todd Troxel's attack caused the dislocation of his fiance's finger. He then punched a window and severed two of his arteries. When police arrived, Troxel lied and said he had accidentally cut his arm while doing Christmas decorating.

The police felt they had enough evidence to charge him with a crime. But, as noted in the previous post, Troxel's fiance would not cooperate with investigators. This is a sad and distressing pattern in many cases of domestic violence.

PostPosted: 12/18/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So will the WNBA dish out any penalty for this?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/18/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Does Marc Tatum have enough power?

PostPosted: 12/18/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I would wait and see if he stays in a job, first - not a good look for the Mercury. And after that, they have a history of trying to dish out their own punishment first to pre-empt the league deciding it for them.

PostPosted: 12/18/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some team will now hire him as GM or team prez..

miller40

PostPosted: 12/18/18 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

According to the article this all happened more than two weeks ago (11/30-12/1) and there hadn’t been any moves made in the meantime...

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/18/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad

PostPosted: 12/19/18 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow.

I hope she leaves him, at least.

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Wow.

I hope she leaves him, at least.

Yes. Staying could be quite dangerous.

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

P.S. to mercfan3

I didn't want to put this in the same comment as the ugly matter that is the subject here.

It's wonderful to see the name of Colin Mochrie on this board. I was a huge fan of the British version of the improv show WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?, which preceded and in my view was far better than the U.S. version. Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles, regulars on the U.S. show, were regulars on the U.K. show and were brilliant. So were Clive Anderson (the host), Mike McShane (my favorite), Josie Lawrence, Sandi Toksvig, Tony Slattery, and others.

Many episodes of the British show can be viewed on YouTube.

PostPosted: 12/21/18 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/wnba/mercury/2018/12/20/phoenix-mercury-looking-into-alleged-incident-involving-assistant-coach/2383262002/

Quote:
A Phoenix Mercury assistant coach could face domestic violence-related charges resulting from a fight he had with his fiancee at his town of Paradise Valley home, police said.

Lt. Michael Cole, a spokesman for Paradise Valley police, said late Thursday that officers recommended that Todd Troxel be charged in connection with a "physical altercation" he had with his fiancee on Nov. 30.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 12/21/18 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/wnba/mercury/2018/12/20/phoenix-mercury-looking-into-alleged-incident-involving-assistant-coach/2383262002/

Quote:
A Phoenix Mercury assistant coach could face domestic violence-related charges resulting from a fight he had with his fiancee at his town of Paradise Valley home, police said.

Lt. Michael Cole, a spokesman for Paradise Valley police, said late Thursday that officers recommended that Todd Troxel be charged in connection with a "physical altercation" he had with his fiancee on Nov. 30.

I question the news story's wording about "a fight he had with his fiancee." What I read in prior new stories could be incorrect. But, to me, "a fight he had with his fiancee" makes the violent conflict sound mutual. What I'd read suggested that Troxel had attacked his fiancee and that he'd smashed his hand into a window. I read nothing to suggest that the woman had been violent.

This news story also mentions a statement from the Phoenix Mercury, made on Thursday, that the team is looking into this incident, that they take this matter "very seriously," and that they will "provide further comment at the appropriate time." I'd guess they're waiting to see if charges are filed against Troxel.

PostPosted: 02/26/19 9:20 pm    ::: Charges dropped Reply Reply with quote

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale-breaking/2019/02/26/assault-charges-dropped-against-wnba-phoenix-mercury-former-assistant-basketball-coach-todd-troxel/2995294002/

Quote:
According to statements the attorney released, both Troxel and his fiancee are remorseful that the argument happened but deny an assault ever occurred.

"I regret getting into an argument with my fiancé the night of the incident, but I never assaulted or hurt her in any way," Troxel said in the written statement.

Troxel's fiancee echoed a similar sentiment.

"I am so glad to have this nightmare behind us," she wrote. "It's unfortunate that this situation was blown out of proportion. Todd has never hurt me and should never have been charged in this case."

Troxel criticized how the Mercury organization handled the matter, saying it released "misleading and hurtful statements" about him.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/26/19 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not much a prosecutor can do when the only other witness is going to torpedo your case. All too common in cases of domestic abuse. Basically unless there is a video or some third party witness, this outcome is the norm rather than the exception.

PostPosted: 02/27/19 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This story will roll around again once he kills her

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: