RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

3 Baylor @ 11 Stanford 12.15.18 3PM ET PAC12 network
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/15/18 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phew, we won and only shot 42% from free throw Laughing

Lottery my ass, what did Glenn call them as he is right on.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/15/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I sure hope Tara makes a point about the FTs. But isn't it lovely to see some pure athleticism on our side?!

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/15/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tara is really the master planner. If the girls can carry out her game plan, we can beat 'almost' anybody. And maybe, with the next two recruiting classes, God willing, it will be anybody.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/15/18 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully some end of game control too, we made some poor decisions and almost gave it away.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 12/15/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Tara is really the master planner. If the girls can carry out her game plan, we can beat 'almost' anybody. And maybe, with the next two recruiting classes, God willing, it will be anybody.

X_____

See my post in the Fran Belibi thread Cool

Howee

PostPosted: 12/15/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Well, aren't YOU the vociferous cheerleader, young lady! Laughing (AFTER you 'n me both picked Baylor in the tipping game--haha!)

Did NOT get to see the game, but Tara obviously had 'em doing something right, to have been outrebounded by 13 AND left 12 pts on the FT line--and still win....go Cardinal!!

I thought it was amazing to see Cox and Brown get 7 pts total.... Shocked And it had to be good defense (more than they were just *off*) with only 11 fg attempts by the both of 'em, combined. I'm sure lotsa coaches will wanna be watching that tape.

PostPosted: 12/15/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just think that Stanford is the better team. Simple as that. Did before the game, do now. Tara's teams with her recruiting classes of 2019 and 2020 will make her in many circles the team to beat in a couple of years even over Dawn's SC and yes, my Huskies as things stand right now. Tara's coaching acumen combined with elite talent is a formidable combination. JMHO

PostPosted: 12/15/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Just think that Stanford is the better team. Simple as that. Did before the game, do now. Tara's teams with her recruiting classes of 2019 and 2020 will make her in many circles the team to beat in a couple of years even over Dawn's SC and yes, my Huskies as things stand right now. Tara's coaching acumen combined with elite talent is a formidable combination. JMHO

Individually, I think their top six one-on-one against our top six, they would have won at least 4. So it has to do with team play. I think in general Kim has been a really good coach, but wonder if some of the things that's happened to her the last couple of years has effected her coaching. Looking at her, she doesn't look as healthy or as animated as we are used to on the sidelines.

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/15/18 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like Alanna has got her 3 point shot working pretty well so far this season

PostPosted: 12/15/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any replay available anywhere? Forgot to set up to record.

elsie

PostPosted: 12/15/18 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow.....such nice things to say about Stanford......too bad they got beat last week by little Gonzaga......Tara couldn't pull any miracles with her superior coaching intellect and her superior athletes....oh, I know, they were down a starter....so were the Zags.....

Howee

PostPosted: 12/15/18 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
wow.....such nice things to say about Stanford......too bad they got beat last week by little Gonzaga......Tara couldn't pull any miracles with her superior coaching intellect and her superior athletes....oh, I know, they were down a starter....so were the Zags.....

Now, why would you be'little' Gonzaga....they're good! Rolling Eyes

myrtle wrote:
Looking at her, she doesn't look as healthy or as animated as we are used to on the sidelines.

You do remember: she's had that extreme spinal surgery not long ago....that alone would keep her from her usual antics. Shocked

PostPosted: 12/16/18 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

myrtle wrote:
Looking at her, she doesn't look as healthy or as animated as we are used to on the sidelines.

You do remember: she's had that extreme spinal surgery not long ago....that alone would keep her from her usual antics. Shocked

They mentioned Kim's neck procedure during the broadcast, but I have a feeling a lot of people turned off the sound to avoid Mary Murphy. Smile

PostPosted: 12/16/18 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Howee wrote:

myrtle wrote:

They mentioned Kim's neck procedure during the broadcast, but I have a feeling a lot of people turned off the sound to avoid Mary Murphy. Smile

raises hand.

insidewinder

PostPosted: 12/16/18 7:20 pm    ::: Pressers Reply Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/StanfordWBB/videos/358998914885420/ to the post-game pressers. Hope I linked correctly.

Anyway, Mulkey is second, and had me wondering, is she always like that? It just seemed a bit odd. Cracked me up a few times too. I have not been a fan but I kinda liked her in that strange (to me) presser.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/16/18 9:53 pm    ::: Re: Pressers Reply Reply with quote

insidewinder wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/StanfordWBB/videos/358998914885420/ to the post-game pressers. Hope I linked correctly.

Anyway, Mulkey is second, and had me wondering, is she always like that? It just seemed a bit odd. Cracked me up a few times too. I have not been a fan but I kinda liked her in that strange (to me) presser.

Yes, I'd opine that you saw *classic* Kim there. Cool

I don't watch many pressers. Tara was her classic self, too....stoic, limited. Legend that she is, she can relax in the knowledge that the game itself said everything for her.
Kim, however, is going to entertain you to some extent. Some hate her, some love her, but I always find her entertaining on one level or another.

PostPosted: 12/16/18 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim was definitely very entertaining. This should help them a bunch in preparing for UConn. Not that it will make 'that' much difference. Altho one thing she semi-complained about was physicality, which I find a bit hilarious as most of the time the P12 is considered 'soft'. Her post players are used to being doubled, but methinks not used to being doubled by reasonably good players. This year we don't have a stud bucket C but we have a plethora of reasonably competent posts. Anyway I think our loss at Gonzaga to a good Zag team was also a wake up for us, so we will see how this works out for Baylor.

- Amanda Gorman
acsuc99

PostPosted: 12/17/18 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This seemed to play out like most of Baylor's big games of recent years. They looked tight and the Mulk looked like she had a bad case of Mexican food on the sidelines.

No Good!

If ur a fan of a non Pac 12 team watching Mary Murphy call ur teams game vs a Pac 12 opponents, it's gotta be the equivalent of getting an enema.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/17/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just one question. How was Baylor ranked #3 in the first place?

PostPosted: 12/17/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The surprise for me is when Mulkey said,"I was born out here, man!" Apparently, Kim was born in Santa Ana in Orange County. Kim Mulkey is from The OC!

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/17/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
This seemed to play out like most of Baylor's big games of recent years. They looked tight and the Mulk looked like she had a bad case of Mexican food on the sidelines.

No Good!

If ur a fan of a non Pac 12 team watching Mary Murphy call ur teams game vs a Pac 12 opponents, it's gotta be the equivalent of getting an enema.

Kim hasn't learned from Dawn, who took a year to understand- twin towers, especially when you don't take/make many 3s, makes a team relatively easy to defend.

Also, Baylor really misses Morris.

PostPosted: 12/17/18 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Takeaways from Stanford’s season-defining win over Baylor

https://highposthoops.com/2018/12/17/stanford-stands-strong-win-baylor

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/17/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Baylor is consistently overrated relative to performance.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/17/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Takeaways from Stanford’s season-defining win over Baylor

https://highposthoops.com/2018/12/17/stanford-stands-strong-win-baylor

what happens when they lose in Knoxville tomorrow? Laughing

PostPosted: 12/17/18 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

By holding their "too early" pre-season spot in the rankings and staying undefeated. Word is the diabetic Cox wasn't feeling 100% and her 15 minutes playing time reflects that.

If Oregon beats Miss State tomorrow, I believe Miss state doesn't fall below Baylor unless it's a major shellacking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: