RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Talking Stick Arena future

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 12/12/18 4:03 pm    ::: Talking Stick Arena future Reply Reply with quote

No arena deal might see the NBA's Suns move to Las Vegas or Seattle. Wonder what this would mean for the Mercury?

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/2287692002?__twitter_impression=true

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 12/12/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The NBA is such a shitshow, in more ways than one. I was never a Sonics fan, but I used to follow the team of the city I was born in. I stopped following the NBA years before the Sonics left because the brand of basketball is so boring.

I firmly believe one of the reasons the NBA was so eager to move the Sonics from Seattle to Oklahoma City was to make us an example and hold it over the heads of the other NBA cities--if you don't build these f*cking palaces for us, it's all too easy for us to take your team too.

No clue how this plays out, but obviously if Vegas or Seattle is the target for the Suns, then the Mercury wouldn't be sent as part of that deal.

Randy

PostPosted: 12/12/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
I firmly believe one of the reasons the NBA was so eager to move the Sonics from Seattle to Oklahoma City was to make us an example and hold it over the heads of the other NBA cities--if you don't build these f*cking palaces for us, it's all too easy for us to take your team too.

I think you are right about that. The first thing the new owner did after buying the Hawks was to threaten to move the team unless the city put up a bunch of money to keep them in town. He wanted a new arena but settled for a $150M + arena upgrade.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/12/18 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love to see a law that banned any public money to go building any professional sports facility anywhere in the country.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: