RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lisa Leslie 'seriously considering' opening for WNBA prez
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 11/30/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Is Brian Agler a reasonable/better candidate?

Just doesn't seem like the right candidate to be going out, speaking to sponsors, promoting the league, wining and dining people with money and politicos.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/30/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Is Brian Agler a reasonable/better candidate?

Better than Leslie? Yes.... Reasonable? Hard to say. I was being glib about Agler being the WNBA president in the Sparks thread because of the odd timing and quiet mysteriousness surrounding it. He doesn’t seem like an obvious candidate.

I kinda wonder if he got a college offer close to his home base. Like if Ohio St finally canned McGuff, I think he’d snap that up in a second if they offered.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
StevenHW

PostPosted: 11/30/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would a WNBA President Lisa Leslie convince her friend Renee Brown to come back to the league office? Surprised

PostPosted: 11/30/18 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it was Agler, they would certainly announce everything at once.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 12/10/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on the last presidential election I figured giving celebrities jobs they’re unqualified for was en vogue.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 12/10/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on the last presidential election I figured giving celebrities jobs they’re unqualified for was en vogue.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/10/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Going back to the end of her playing days, LL's thing was about making the league's image more "feminine", right?

Next candidate please.
I'd rather someone who is looking ahead to the 2050's rather than back to the 1950's.

I’m not sure that’s fair though. She made that comment when that was the league’s idea. She might have been being a good soldier.

I’d be interested in what she had to say. I think she’d certainly be player friendly. Although my choice of player would be Lawson or Catchings.

PostPosted: 12/11/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Going back to the end of her playing days, LL's thing was about making the league's image more "feminine", right?

Next candidate please.
I'd rather someone who is looking ahead to the 2050's rather than back to the 1950's.

I’m not sure that’s fair though. She made that comment when that was the league’s idea. She might have been being a good soldier.

I’d be interested in what she had to say. I think she’d certainly be player friendly. Although my choice of player would be Lawson or Catchings.

At least Catchings has some WNBA/NBA leadership and business management experience. Other than being on the UT Board of Trustees, I don't think Lawson has any more business experience than Leslie does.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/11/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Next candidate please.

My recollection is that she went beyond supporting the league's promotion and strayed into homophobia territory.

PostPosted: 12/12/18 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This

Luuuc wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Next candidate please.

My recollection is that she went beyond supporting the league's promotion and strayed into homophobia territory.

PostPosted: 12/17/18 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yTFz1w1nEmY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: