RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games 12/2-12/8
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/03/18 11:42 pm    ::: Other games 12/2-12/8 Reply Reply with quote

JMU welcomed Dayton to the Convo Center for a rare Monday night game. They then proceeded to send them home with their wings clipped a bit. The Flyers never led at any time, although the game was tied a couple of times in the 1Q. It was more than a bit physical out there, not so much chippy as a battle of competing styles of defense, one executed pretty well, the other not so much. Final was 68-55. The Dukes were without starting PG Logan Reynolds, who was on the bench looking as if she belonged home in bed, pale and miserable but trying to put on a brave face for the team. Freshman Maddie Green acquitted herself with surprising maturity, and older players spelled her when she got tired or needed some help from Coach O.

A couple of notes on Dayton. They are not what they were under Jim Jabir; whether this is merely transition or a different style of coaching or recruitment failures, I don’t know. Their rebounding was fairly nonexistent, their pressure defense was fairly easily broken (and they appeared bewildered when it was), and they in turn seemed bewildered by the Dukes’ zone. Hopefully they improve.

PostPosted: 12/05/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Northwestern is up 32-16 at DePaul after the first quarter.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/05/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa leading ISU by 4 at half. 40-36

ISU closed the gap which was quite a bit bigger.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 12/05/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Florida State 57
Mercer 56

Amanda Thompson of the Bears called for a truly bogus charge with one second left. The shot went in, of course.

PostPosted: 12/05/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Florida State 57
Mercer 56

Amanda Thompson of the Bears called for a truly bogus charge with one second left. The shot went in, of course.

Followed this game via play by play...That last minute seemed like it lasted an hour. Glad we escaped with a win. Figured it would be a tough game for this young team as it was their first road game of the season.

Seemed like Ekhomu hit some crucial shots for the noles in the 4th.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/05/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Florida State 57
Mercer 56

wow! hate those calls that decide a game...especially one like this.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/05/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

iowa v ISU coming down to the last bucket. Wish I could see this one. And Iowa wins with a 3 pt'er at the buzzer. Interesting choice since all they needed was a two.

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 12/05/18 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 12/05/18 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio beat Purdue in Athens, 80-73. The Bobcats are now 7-0. None of the first six wins were against teams with an RPI in the top 100, and none were true road games, so it was hard to be impressed by the record. But Purdue had a top 50 RPI and was coming off a win against a top 25 team in Miami. Nice win, but can they play on the road?

PostPosted: 12/06/18 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma took down U of Central Arkansas. Sherri's young squad needed a win....they've been beaten down pretty badly in their past few games.

In other Big 12 action, Iowa State went down to Iowa in a nailbiter, Nebraska edged Kansas by 6, and K-State beat Lamar by a good margin. It's gonna be a crapshoot for the teams NOT named TX or Baylor in this conference, but I still think Iowa State has dibs on 3rd place.

PostPosted: 12/06/18 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas A&M at Houston on ESPN 2 this afternoon - 7 pm Eastern. Hard to tell if it's gonna be a game or not.

- Amanda Gorman
acsuc99

PostPosted: 12/06/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG They allowed an AAC wimin's team other than UConn and USF on ESPN2 for a national televised game? MY GOD WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/06/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you want to understand the crap wbb critics say about the game, turn on the Duke/UNLV game on the ACC network. OMG. First to 50 wins and they might both lose.

~rAf
linkster

PostPosted: 12/06/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
OMG They allowed an AAC wimin's team other than UConn and USF on ESPN2 for a national televised game? MY GOD WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?

After one period it's TAMU 26 Houston 23 EDIT: 26-23 at the half

Houston has put in a new practice facility and has a new arena (The Fetitta Center) that holds 8500. I like what I have heard from their coach. They lost at Cal by one point and beat an admittedly weak G Tech but hey, I don't want to hear any crap about Houston from ACC fans unless they want to admit that some of their own teams are worse. Very Happy

Last edited by linkster on 12/06/18 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/06/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
If you want to understand the crap wbb critics say about the game, turn on the Duke/UNLV game on the ACC network. OMG. First to 50 wins and they might both lose.

25-17 at the half. Duke "leading" in turnovers 15-11. UNLV shooting 23%. Both teams 3-6 free throws. Told you missed shots were not due to defense. UNLV credited with 9 steals - I guess that's how you score it when the other team throws it right to you.

~rAf
acsuc99

PostPosted: 12/06/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

25-17 at the half. Duke "leading" in turnovers 15-11. UNLV shooting 23%. Both teams 3-6 free throws. Told you missed shots were not due to defense. UNLV credited with 9 steals - I guess that's how you score it when the other team throws it right to you.

JOANNE. P. MCCAULLIE!

BRING BACK GAIL! BRING BACK GAIL!

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/06/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mizzou up TWO at half over UMKC 36-34

Davis4632

PostPosted: 12/06/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

After one period it's TAMU 26 Houston 23 EDIT: 26-23 at the half

Houston has put in a new practice facility and has a new arena (The Fetitta Center) that holds 8500. I like what I have heard from their coach. They lost at Cal by one point and beat an admittedly weak G Tech but hey, I don't want to hear any crap about Houston from ACC fans unless they want to admit that some of their own teams are worse. Very Happy

I thought about rooting for Houston but then changed my mind when I realized the flawed Boneyard narrative about the AAC = P5 conference was going to be used

I wonder does UConn in general regret that they tried to prevent BC and other schools from leaving the former Big East. I know there's some cognitive dissonance going because they will trash the ACC and the Big Ten every chance they get but they also want to join them. Some of them even fed into the delusion that UNC was going to be kicked out of the ACC and they was going to take their place.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/06/18 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Down in D-II, Grand Valley upsets #1 Ashland

PostPosted: 12/06/18 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

JOANNE. P. MCCAULLIE!

BRING BACK GAIL! BRING BACK GAIL!

OT—is William Goestenkors, who plays (I think) for UVA, Gail’s young’un? It’s not a common name.

PostPosted: 12/07/18 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Conveniently nary a whisper about the final score, Duke 66, UNLV 38.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/07/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprise me. Buffalo, who beat South Dakota State, now loses to Dayton, who has been pretty bad this year. 72-59

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/07/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Surprise me. Buffalo, who beat South Dakota State, now loses to Dayton, who has been pretty bad this year. 72-59

This is always a surprising time. Whether it's players who have finals or teams that are coming together after a week start the games in early December always seemed to create surprises. Perhaps a month from now we'll be able to look back and see if this was truly a major upset or just teams finding their form.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/08/18 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU goes to Maryland today. I'm dreading this game because I know the Brendasaurus will have her team whipped into a frenzy against the oh so "inferior" Dukes and it's likely to be a massacre, or at least an attempted one. We are still without C Kelly Koshuta, who was suspended for that mysterious "violation of team rules" and has been MIA from both practice and the bench since Thanksgiving. I suspect she may be in academic trouble but don't know. The game is on PPV and I'm not paying to watch, will follow on Twitter.

PostPosted: 12/08/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toledo making game of it! 37- 43 at half, Notre Dame up.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/08/18 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Radford up by 20 at Virginia in the 3rd q. Poor Tina.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: