RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Vancouver Showcase schedule and streaming info (Nov 22-24)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/24/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the first of a 3 game tough stretch for ND:

#9/8 Oregon State
#12/14 Iowa
#2 UConn

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/24/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I sure wish that ND's free throw shooting was better. It seems to really suck lately. Lately meaning the last 3-4 years or so.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/24/18 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately our dinner plans got pushed back and I couldn't watch the game. Was checking the score, but I'll have to watch the replay.

I've been watching the Drake vs SCar game some while I watch the ND-USC football game. SCar had a 9 pt 1st Q lead, but at the half, Drake leads 42-36.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/24/18 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drake still leads SCar, now 57-55, at the end of 3.

This is truly anyone's game at thus point.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/25/18 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I sure wish that ND's free throw shooting was better. It seems to really suck lately. Lately meaning the last 3-4 years or so.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Last year as a team it was 75.6% (The fourth highest among the 7 who survived was Young with 79.8%).

The year before it was 72.5% with only 3 players on the roster (Turner, Nelson, and Thompson) below 70%.

The year before that it was 71.6% as a team and only one of the top 7 scorers (Turner) was below 70%.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/25/18 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drake up by 6 on SCar with less than 5 minutes to go.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/25/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All tied up with 1:47 to play

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/25/18 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1:18 to play and the score tied. SCar's ball.

If the Gamecocks win it will be because (1) Jennings woke up finally in the final 5 minutes and (2) Drake missed their free throws down the stretch.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/25/18 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Academy award performance by Cliney and she gets the foul call. She's getting 2 free throws with 29 seconds left in a tie game. Makes them both to take a two pt lead.

Drake drives the length of the court, right to the hoop, badically uncontested, to tie again.

SCar wastes most of the time, Cliney takes a forced 8 foot jumper at the buzzer and misses. We're going to OT.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/25/18 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drake shooting free throws, leading by 3, with 2.5 seconds to play. Makes them both.

SCar plainly has better athletes, but wow, sometimes their decisions and shot selection are just dumbfounding.

Drake wins 90-85 in OT.

Great game by Drake, especially by Sarah Rhine, who just killed them inside.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/25/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Finally was able to watch much of the ND-OSU game.

Was particularly pleased with Brianna Turner's play in the 4th Q. Best she has played all year. I don't know if it has been trepidation about her knee, or hesitation of asserting herself when surrounded by the players who won the NC last year, but either way, I hope this gives her confidence and serves as her breakout game. If she starts playing every game like she did in the 4th Q, and adds her real game to that of Ogunbowale and Young and Shepard, and hopefully Mabrey, they are going to be really good.

Oregon St came out really gangbusters, shooting 70+% in the first Q and really knocking ND off its game. The 2nd Q was pretty even with ND nibbling away at the lead but not making too much headway. OSU still led by 9 at the half.

In the second half, ND looked better, and looked like the more talented team. ND took a small lead in the 4th, but OSU tied it again with about 4 minutes to go. Then down the stretch ND asserted themselves to win by 10. ND outscored OSU 50-31 in the second half.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/02/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Such a disappointing game on many levels. The only statistical category that ND won was blocks and that was only by one.

Free throws? I've said before that they suck! It isn't just that they miss them, they miss them without even giving them much of a chance to go in. They clang them off of the rim (or air ball them). It's not like they roll/bounce around the rim and have a chance to fall in.

MM, WTH? Get over the attitude and play the game! You think that you're not getting any calls now? Just wait til this tape goes around to the officials.

And Arike? WTH were you thinking? Did you look at MM and say "here, hold my gatorade?"

Very disappointing.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: