RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Biggest homer announcing job ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 11/25/18 12:03 am    ::: Biggest homer announcing job ever Reply Reply with quote

I found the Elite 8 game for Duke vs. Minnesota in 2004 and wow. So annoying, Sean McDonough and Doris were practically coaching the Minnesota team and also were the refs for the game Rolling Eyes . Moreso Sean than Doris. Everyone wants Cinderella to win, but you have to at least be somewhat impartial, smh. I looked at Sean's resume and looked like he didn't do another women's game after that thank goodness (or maybe they just didn't put it on there).

You can watch the archived replay at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2FdoCF6_U

willtalk

PostPosted: 11/25/18 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You must not have watched the Oregon St ND game. The announcer, i think he was doing ND radio also really sounded like he was a fan.

PostPosted: 11/25/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
You must not have watched the Oregon St ND game. The announcer, i think he was doing ND radio also really sounded like he was a fan.

As did the Ore St announcer in the WKU game, and the SCar announcers in several games, etc.

The streaming service didn't provide announcers. They used one of the teams' radio feed for the video stream. Of course they sounded like fans. That's what home team radio announcers sound like. They don't pretend to be neutral.

Just like the SNY UConn TV telecasts. And the regional Fox Sports Oklahoma or Baylor TV feeds. And the Longhorn Network Texas TV broadcasts. They're all cheerleaders. Why are you surprised by this?

SDHoops was referring to a supposedly neutral ESPN announcing crew. Completely different issue.

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/26/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
willtalk wrote:

As did the Ore St announcer in the WKU game, and the SCar announcers in several games, etc.

The streaming service didn't provide announcers. They used one of the teams' radio feed for the video stream. Of course they sounded like fans. That's what home team radio announcers sound like. They don't pretend to be neutral.

Just like the SNY UConn TV telecasts. And the regional Fox Sports Oklahoma or Baylor TV feeds. And the Longhorn Network Texas TV broadcasts. They're all cheerleaders. Why are you surprised by this?

SDHoops was referring to a supposedly neutral ESPN announcing crew. Completely different issue.

Does anyone remember what Nancy Lieberman was like on ESPN when doing commentary for Tennessee in the 90's? That my friends, was homerism at it's finest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: