Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 11/06/18 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
2019 WNBA Draft Best Fits

https://www.barberschairdigital.com/blog-posts/2018/8/17/2019-wnba-draft-best-fits

This was published back in Aug 2018, before the WNBA was over and before the final draft order was determined. He did his best to project a draft order. Here I’m supplying his “best fit” and first line of analysis. The full analysis is worth checking out.

I gave up after seeing "the best WNBA season yet" 🤮

Shades wrote:

Quote:
Las Vegas Aces
Napheesa Collier
6’1” | Wing | Connecticut
Let it be known, many players make sacrifices when entering the UConn modus operandi but Phees’ best years are ahead of her.

I’m left wondering if he has Collier as “best fit” for LV because he didn’t anticipate them having the #1 pick. It’s probably best just to look at this as mostly a draft ranking.

He probably had the Aces with the #4 pick since they had the 4th worst record at the time (probably didn't factor in 2-year records)

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/06/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
Las Vegas Aces
Napheesa Collier
6’1” | Wing | Connecticut
Let it be known, many players make sacrifices when entering the UConn modus operandi but Phees’ best years are ahead of her.

I’m left wondering if he has Collier as “best fit” for LV because he didn’t anticipate them having the #1 pick. It’s probably best just to look at this as mostly a draft ranking.

I have been saying LV would be a great fit for Collier on The Boneyard.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/06/18 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophie Cunningham promo reel

https://scontent-sin6-2.cdninstagram.com/vp/1c55b73d27e99e4984f19bcaa8f53a95/5BE427CD/t50.2886-16/45045530_184029959150873_6605720857287327744_n.mp4

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 11/07/18 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25200724&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 11/07/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Senior Naomi Davenport recorded West Virginia’s first triple-double in more than 30 years — 13 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists — in WVU’s 78-37 victory over Coppin State. Tynice Martin led all scorers with 24 points and 11 rebounds.

stever

PostPosted: 11/07/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beatrice Mompremier had 14 & 12 in her Miami debut vs. FIU

Shades

PostPosted: 11/09/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPNW’s Top 25 College Players
1. Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon
2. Asia Durr, Louisville
3. Katie Lou Samuelson, UConn
4. Arike Ogunbowale, Notre Dame
5. Teaira McCowan, Mississippi State
6. Kalani Brown, Baylor
7. Napheesa Collier, UConn
8. Megan Gustafson, Iowa
9. Sophie Cunningham, Missouri
10. Ruthy Hebard, Oregon
11. Lauren Cox, Baylor
12. Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M
13. Kaila Charles, Maryland
14. Brianna Turner, Notre Dame
15. Destiny Slocum, Oregon State
16. Kristine Anigwe, California
17. Kenisha Bell, Minnesota
18. Kitija Laksa, South Florida
19. Allazia Blockton, Marquette
20. Anriel Howard, Mississippi State
21. Jessica Shepard, Notre Dame
22. Tiana Mangakahia, Syracuse
23. Alanna Smith, Stanfrod
24. Crystal Dangerfield, UConn
25. Caliya Robinson, Georgia

Senior
Eligible underclassman
Ineligible (as far as I know) underclassman

Shades

PostPosted: 11/10/18 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25230307&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

stever

PostPosted: 11/16/18 10:43 am    ::: Kalani Brown tells High Post Hoops about her next evolution Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2018/11/16/watch-ncaa-player-profile-kalani-brown-baylor/

Shades

PostPosted: 11/16/18 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USF’s Laksa tears ACL.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/11/16/usfs-kitija-laksa-tears-acl-ending-her-season/

She’ll end up on somebody’s desirable deferral list. Minnesota has a lot of second round picks, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they used #20 on her.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 11/16/18 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
USF’s Laksa tears ACL.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/11/16/usfs-kitija-laksa-tears-acl-ending-her-season/

She’ll end up on somebody’s desirable deferral list. Minnesota has a lot of second round picks, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they used #20 on her.

She would be eligible to repeat her senior year next year if she wanted to, but I wouldn't know if she would or not.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/16/18 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
She would be eligible to repeat her senior year next year if she wanted to, but I wouldn't know if she would or not.

I was wondering that as well but she might find the money she could get from TTT Riga or whoever more appealing. Might depend on when the doctors think she'll be ready to play again.

PostPosted: 11/19/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com.au/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25311517/senior-asia-durr-poised-epic-final-chapter-louisville-cardinals

Quote:
Senior Asia Durr poised for epic final chapter at Louisville

Chip

PostPosted: 11/19/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the drop

stever

PostPosted: 11/20/18 11:39 am    ::: Mangakahia Has A WNBA Future, Whenever She Wants It Reply Reply with quote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/howardmegdal/2018/11/20/syracuses-tiana-mangakahia-has-a-wnba-future-whenever-she-wants-it/#4ce019a73abe

Quote:
Notably, it will be up to Mangakahia whether she wants to play her senior season at Syracuse or enter the WNBA draft in 2019. She's 23, already played for Hutchinson Junior College before transferring to Syracuse, and may want the professional challenge.

Quote:
"I think it's still a bit early to think about what I'm gonna be doing after the season," Mangakahia said. "I haven't really thought about it yet. It's definitely on my mind whether to leave or to stay. But I'm not sure."

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/21/18 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone think Samuelson might be a bust?

PostPosted: 11/21/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BOOYAH!

WNBA coaches, GMs tab McCowan for top pick in mock draft

https://apnews.com/d9f74277d31f405a8b7af5cebf4a7fab
[Feinberg analysis at link. My quickie analysis in parentheses]

Las Vegas: Teaira McCowan , Mississippi State (BOOYAH! Pretty obvious choice. Built for the WNBA. Laimbeer type of player)
New York: Asia Durr , Louisville (I think NYL could use a center or SF, so I’m not really on board with this. Prince had ailments this season but isn’t done. They’ve got Sugar and a bargain in Nurse. Why?)
Indiana: Kalani Brown , Baylor (Can a coach do backflips and chomp gum at the same time? If Brown shows up at #3, we’ll find out)
Chicago: Napheesa Collier , UConn (Well it’s still Chicago even with Wade at the helm. Leave it to them to choose 3 first picks in a row that all should play the same WNBA position. Dumb, dumb, dumb.)
Dallas: Katie Lou Samuelson , UConn (Goodbye Christmas? Seems like a gift at #5)
Minnesota: Arike Ogunbowale , Notre Dame (Not unless Reeve works magic refortifying the post in free agency. In other words, NO)
Los Angeles: Sophia Cunningham , Missouri (Can’t really see her as a match for LAS for some reason. She’s got the swag, but LAS tends to go more athletic)
Phoenix: Kristine Anigwe , California (I was thinking more LAS if she has a good senior season. Passing on the future of the Opals?)
Connecticut: Xu Han , China (Can’t decide what to do with the first round pick, so might as well waste it on a second or third round pick)
Washington: Ezi Magbegor, AUS (She’s got an injury now (broken hand?), so will PHX hope she slides to #13, and if she doesn’t, then make a trade for her? Thibault drafting her would be the worst because he’d want you to mortgage the team in a trade)
Atlanta: Jessica Shepard, Notre Dame (Decent value at this point, if you can risk the potential baggage)
Seattle: Caliya Robinson , Georgia (Not seeing her as a first rounder at this point, but at least this panel was smart enough to keep Mabrey out of the first round. I have Turner before Robinson, but it’s a long season ahead)

Last edited by Shades on 11/21/18 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/21/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Anyone think Samuelson might be a bust?

KLS wont be a bust but she wont be a lottery pick . If she lands on the right team she can be a nice piece of the equation . Cool

PostPosted: 11/21/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
BOOYAH!

Quote:

Chicago: Napheesa Collier , UConn. New coach James Wade could add another strong wing to the young nucleus the Sky are building.

Makes perfect sense. They only have 3 wings now - DD, Gabby and Copper. Every team needs 4 or 5.

Now if you think Collier is a 4 - they already have a 4 that's too small......

I do think Shepard at 11 might be the best the Dream could hope for.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/21/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
BOOYAH!

Quote:

Chicago: Napheesa Collier , UConn. New coach James Wade could add another strong wing to the young nucleus the Sky are building.

Makes perfect sense. They only have 3 wings now - DD, Gabby and Copper. Every team needs 4 or 5.

Now if you think Collier is a 4 - they already have a 4 that's too small......

I do think Shepard at 11 might be the best the Dream could hope for.

We seem to be on the same wavelength on this.

“Collier” sounds a bit French to me, so maybe Wade can’t pass? Trying to make sense of it but I can’t.

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/21/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut can only find 20.5 mpg for Jonquel Jones and they have former 1st Round picks Tuck and Brionna Jones rotting on the bench. Are they really going to take a project like Xu Han? Agents have wised-up and you can't as easily stash players overseas anymore. People are signing contracts right away to start the clock on their rookie contracts even if they don't come over. At the same time, more players are coming over immediately knowing that it's actually an advantage to get cut because you'll be a free agent when you're mature and finally good.

Does Washington really need Ezi Magbegor when Meesseman is coming back to join EDD, Sanders, Hawkins, Krystal Thomas, and Hines-Allen? I understand the concept of taking the best player if she's clearly better than everyone else. However, when has Magbegor shown that she's so much better than the field when facing non-teenage competition? Maybe she'll get there eventually, but the Mystics are a now team.

PostPosted: 11/21/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What’s your win now move for Washington? Anybody they pick will be a deep bench and probably not too much of a factor. I’d gripe more if they took later round talent like CON did in this exercise.

If Shepard is available at #10, I suppose she (or Turner for that matter) could be a younger cheaper replacement for Hawkins. Either could reach Hawkins’ level reasonably quickly. I can’t see Thibault grabbing a guard at this point and passing on these posts. Maybe he’ll be in a position to trade the pick, like I said above.

Randy

PostPosted: 11/21/18 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DC needs a real 5 so maybe Shepard makes sense for them. Overall - maybe this draft turns out to be weaker than might have been thought - Magbegor and Han are just projects that might never pan out, Anigwe seems to be an enigma, Shepard, is already bringing a little too much gravity to the floor and Robinson UGA - meh. Of course, these are all later picks so maybe that is to be expected.

It is nice to see this list so now we kind have know who to watch.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/21/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
DC needs a real 5 so maybe Shepard makes sense for them.

I don’t consider her a real 5. Those are gone in the first three picks.

Randy wrote:
Overall - maybe this draft turns out to be weaker than might have been thought - Magbegor and Han are just projects that might never pan out, Anigwe seems to be an enigma, Shepard, is already bringing a little too much gravity to the floor and Robinson UGA - meh. Of course, these are all later picks so maybe that is to be expected.

I wouldn’t get too bent on this draft because a couple anomalies showed up in this exercise. It just says more about the panel than it does the draft. They got the first pick right, though. The first pick is always the easiest. Wink

Randy wrote:
It is nice to see this list so now I kind have know who to watch.

Who are you seeing on this list that you haven’t seen mentioned before?

toad455

PostPosted: 11/21/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I prefer Durr at #2 to New York. Liberty take best available post at #14.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 16 of 74

Jump to: