RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Vancouver Showcase schedule and streaming info (Nov 22-24)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/19/18 11:47 pm    ::: Vancouver Showcase schedule and streaming info (Nov 22-24) Reply Reply with quote

The organizers say all 12 games will be streamed live at VanShowcase.com. Don't know any more details than that.

The pairings for the women’s tournament are as follows (all times are Pacific):

Thursday Nov 22
Notre Dame vs. Gonzaga – Noon
Drake vs. Rutgers – 2:30 p.m.
South Carolina vs. ETSU – 6 p.m.
Oregon State vs. Western Kentucky – 8:30 p.m.

Game times will be the same on Friday (Nov 23) with the semifinals being played at 6 and 8:30 p.m.

Saturday’s ) (Nov 24) evening session featuring the championship/third place games will tip at 5 p.m.

“This is an incredible field in which to christen college basketball to Vancouver, and without question, the best early season tournament in the sport,” said ESPN analyst and women’s tournament director Debbie Antonelli. “It features three teams that finished in the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight with Notre Dame, South Carolina and Oregon State, and three other teams that won their respective conference tournaments – Western Kentucky, Drake and Gonzaga. It will strongly resemble an NCAA Tournament regional weekend in Vancouver.”

www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/aug/16/gonzaga-women-to-open-vancouver-showcase-against-d/

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 11/20/18 4:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/20/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More info on streaming.

It is NOT free.

$9.95/game or $24.95 for all 12 games.

It's at https://bdglobal.inplayer.com/vancouver/index.html

Looks like the same group that streams the Gulf Coast Showcase and several mens tournaments.

They say the purchase price includes both the live stream and on demand replay (In case, for example, 3pm on Thanksgiving Day is not a convenient time to watch live. Rolling Eyes )

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/20/18 1:58 pm    ::: Re: Vancouver Showcase schedule and streaming info (Nov 22-2 Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
The organizers say all 12 games will be streamed live at VanShowcase.com. Don't know any more details than that.

The pairings for the women’s tournament are as follows (all times are Pacific):

Thursday Nov 22
Notre Dame vs. Gonzaga – Noon
Drake vs. Rutgers – 2:30 p.m.
South Carolina vs. ETSU – 6 p.m.
Oregon State vs. Western Kentucky – 8:30 p.m.

Game times will be the same on Friday (Nov 23) with the semifinals being played at 6 and 8:30 p.m.

Saturday’s ) (Nov 24) evening session featuring the championship/third place games will tip at 5 p.m.

“This is an incredible field in which to christen college basketball to Vancouver, and without question, the best early season tournament in the sport,” said ESPN analyst and women’s tournament director Debbie Antonelli. “It features three teams that finished in the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight with Notre Dame, South Carolina and Oregon State, and three other teams that won their respective conference tournaments – Western Kentucky, Drake and Gonzaga. It will strongly resemble an NCAA Tournament regional weekend in Vancouver.”

www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/aug/16/gonzaga-women-to-open-vancouver-showcase-against-d/

[img]pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr6SsjcUUAArf8O.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the information, but just for clarification, the times you list are PST. For people on EST, that noon game of Notre Dame vs. Gonzaga begins at 3 p.m.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/20/18 4:17 pm    ::: Re: Vancouver Showcase schedule and streaming info (Nov 22-2 Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:

Thanks for the information, but just for clarification, the times you list are PST. For people on EST, that noon game of Notre Dame vs. Gonzaga begins at 3 p.m.

Yep. That's why I bolded the word Pacific

ArtBest23 wrote:
(all times are Pacific):

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/20/18 5:04 pm    ::: Re: Vancouver Showcase schedule and streaming info (Nov 22-2 Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

ArtBest23 wrote:
(all times are Pacific):

I think I need to read things more closely! Of course, if there were other bozos like me, they would need it pointed out to them twice, so maybe my lack of observation skills can help someone else NOT miss the games they want to see.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/20/18 5:12 pm    ::: Re: Vancouver Showcase schedule and streaming info (Nov 22-2 Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

ArtBest23 wrote:
(all times are Pacific):

I think I need to read things more closely! Of course, if there were other bozos like me, they would need it pointed out to them twice, so maybe my lack of observation skills can help someone else NOT miss the games they want to see.

No problem. It's probably worth emphasizing anyhow.
I thought about converting the times but didn't want to risk even more confusion ( or screwing up the conversion Surprised ).

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/20/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why did this get moved from the games thread where it belonged along with the viewing info for all the other games?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/21/18 2:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Why did this get moved from the games thread where it belonged along with the viewing info for all the other games?

I was contacted with a request to move it because it's not really a game chat thread but more of a general info thread. It's kind of in a grey area to me, category-wise, but I thought there was some logic to that so I shifted it here. I thought that having some time in both areas might also give it added visibility.
(I'm happy to be convinced otherwise though. Like I said it's kind of a grey area with no clear right/wrong to me)

PostPosted: 11/21/18 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I was contacted with a request to move it because it's not really a game chat thread but more of a general info thread. It's kind of in a grey area to me, category-wise, but I thought there was some logic to that so I shifted it here. I thought that having some time in both areas might also give it added visibility.
(I'm happy to be convinced otherwise though. Like I said it's kind of a grey area with no clear right/wrong to me)

I think most posters look to the Game forum for information on upcoming games and how to view them. And while the individual threads contain game discussions (sometimes), EVERY thread starts, not with discussion, but with a post identifying WHO is playing, WHEN are they playing, and WHERE people can watch or find stats. Sometimes the poster might add a URL to a game preview article or two. Often that ends up as all that is posted. That's all this was - a notice of who, when and watch info.

The only oddity was that my post covered the entire tourney schedule and viewing info, but considering that most people planning on watching will buy the cheaper full tourney viewing package, that seemed appropriate.

I thought about this when I first posted but concluded that people looking for game schedule and viewing info will look in the Games forum, not here. The only question is whether game time discussions should be in one thread or 12 threads, but I suspect on Thanksgiving day with no ESPN coverage, discussion will be reduced anyhow. And rather than waiting until the day of the game, people might want some advance notice to buy the stream. That was my thought process.

Can I at least put a thread in the Games forum with the same title and a link pointing to this thread so people can find the info? I don't really see the need to advertise their pay-to-watch service 12 separate times. Smile

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/21/18 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me this seems like it belongs in the game day forum. I think some of the games will deserve their own thread, but most of the first day's games are gonna be blowouts so could be all in one place.

I know Shades likes individual threads and they are great for games that are gonna get multiple people watching and commenting, but a dozen threads for games that get one or two comments seems excessive. JMO.

In fact, most of these T-day tournies could be served by a single thread. The Hawaii tournament, which is usually a good one, ie is full of not-so-good teams plus Stanford.

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/21/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, seeing as my favourite thing in life is editing and moving threads I'm going to leap on this opportunity and shift it back to the Game Day area for now. If it ends up being used for game chat I will leave it there, but if it ends up being made redundant by standard game threads then I will move it back to the General Discussion area so that the game day area remains pure and pristine.

PostPosted: 11/22/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND V GONZAGA is underway. Video is excellent, once they got the sudio started.
8-4 Zags lead

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stats are available at

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?tournament=819

ND playing a lot of their youngsters early.

Pretty good game so far. Lots of scoring compared to some recent games.

Zags lead 14-8 after 5 minutes of play.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not only is Mabrey out but her backup Nixon is out today as well. Prohaska started.

ND on a 11-0 run to take a 18-14 lead.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 11/22/18 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND leads 21-18 at the end of the 1st Q.

Entertaining game.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND leads 40-29 at the half. Zags keeping it close but having trouble staying with Young's running the court and Shepard's muscle inside.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND wins 81-65.

Missed a big chunk of the second half while helping with dinner preps. Will have to watch it later after everyone else goes to sleep. Very Happy

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers leads Drake 22-12 early in the 2nd Q.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Woah. Drake beats Rutgers 69-59 and faces Notre Dame tomorrow.

Rutgers led by 15 at the half. 25 point second-half turnaround for Drake.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/23/18 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon St and Western KY are tied at 19 after one period. It's gone back and forth in a basically even game.

BTW, Ore St's Grymek is huge. Not very athletic, but really big.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/23/18 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ore St up 10 at the half.

Not sure where they got the officials for this tourney, but the officiating has been uniformly bad in all of today's Vancouver games.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/23/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers shot 31% FG and lost. Gonzaga 57- 40. Must have been one ugly game.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/23/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

would love to see the OrSU- SoCaro game tonight...but not enough to pay for it. Actually I would pay something for it, but not $10.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/23/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, so Mabrey is still out due to quadricep injury, Nixon (the backup PG) is sick, and now it seems that Shepard isn't playing for some reason.

ND and Drake are tied at 17 at the end of the 1st quarter.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/23/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a 1 pt or so game until about the 5 minute point of the 2nd Q but ND takes a 44-31 lead into the half.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: