RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Chicago Sky 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57894
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/13/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

James Wade Named General Manager and Head Coach of the Chicago Sky

http://sky.wnba.com/news/james-wade-named-general-manager-and-head-coach-of-the-chicago-sky/

Quote:
Wade is married to former San Antonio Stars guard Edwige Lawson-Wade



_________________
Marlene watches from the wall
Her mocking smile says it all
As she records the rise and fall
Of every soldier passing
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20819
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/13/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No mention in the release of whether he's going to continue spending 8+ months a year in Russia as an assistant at UMMC. Chicago worked round those issues back in the day with Pokey Chatman, but it meant he missed time as an assistant in Minnesota. Gonna need a staff with the Sky that he's confident in if he's going to miss time due to the Russian job.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18015



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/13/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think he finishes his 2018-19 season then sticks with the Sky full time.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6590
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/2018/11/15/18096911/chicago-red-stars-chicago-bandits-chicago-sky-nwsl-wnba-npf-announce-home-opener-promotion

Quote:
Chicago is a market with a unique opportunity, having teams across three different women’s leagues. Per a news release, Red Stars owner Arnim Whisler said, “Fans are being given the opportunity to continue to grow the women’s game in three leagues through the NWSL, NPF, and WNBA with this initiative. This is just the beginning of an ongoing relationship between three aspiring organizations looking to change the game.”



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6996



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/2018/11/15/18096911/chicago-red-stars-chicago-bandits-chicago-sky-nwsl-wnba-npf-announce-home-opener-promotion

Quote:
Chicago is a market with a unique opportunity, having teams across three different women’s leagues. Per a news release, Red Stars owner Arnim Whisler said, “Fans are being given the opportunity to continue to grow the women’s game in three leagues through the NWSL, NPF, and WNBA with this initiative. This is just the beginning of an ongoing relationship between three aspiring organizations looking to change the game.”


I like the logo of the Bandits:



Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8806



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I looked up the NPF on wikipedia and found that they have the following teams:

"NPF currently features six teams: the Aussie Spirit, Beijing Shougang Eagles, Canadian Wild of Southern Illinois, Chicago Bandits, Cleveland Comets, and USSSA Pride."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Pro_Fastpitch

Apparently the Aussie and Chinese team are mainly comprised of players for those countries who are playing the US to gain experience for international competitions and are supported by the home countries.

This might be a model the WNBA should examine - get foreign teams to compete in the WNBA to develop their players. There are several Aussie players already competing in the WNBA, and other international players have come over as well.


RHW



Joined: 05 Feb 2018
Posts: 15



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
No mention in the release of whether he's going to continue spending 8+ months a year in Russia as an assistant at UMMC. Chicago worked round those issues back in the day with Pokey Chatman, but it meant he missed time as an assistant in Minnesota. Gonna need a staff with the Sky that he's confident in if he's going to miss time due to the Russian job.



He will stay with UMMC for this season. Not commented about further on.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18015



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I looked up the NPF on wikipedia and found that they have the following teams:

"NPF currently features six teams: the Aussie Spirit, Beijing Shougang Eagles, Canadian Wild of Southern Illinois, Chicago Bandits, Cleveland Comets, and USSSA Pride."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Pro_Fastpitch

Apparently the Aussie and Chinese team are mainly comprised of players for those countries who are playing the US to gain experience for international competitions and are supported by the home countries.

This might be a model the WNBA should examine - get foreign teams to compete in the WNBA to develop their players. There are several Aussie players already competing in the WNBA, and other international players have come over as well.


Please don't use the NPF as a model the WNBA should follow. The league is only surviving thanks to the Australia, Chinese & Canadian Softball federations putting teams up. The Cleveland team is a travel team. I don't want the WNBA to have two main teams, plus a bunch of travel teams & foreign teams without a home base.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49881



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RHW wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
No mention in the release of whether he's going to continue spending 8+ months a year in Russia as an assistant at UMMC. Chicago worked round those issues back in the day with Pokey Chatman, but it meant he missed time as an assistant in Minnesota. Gonna need a staff with the Sky that he's confident in if he's going to miss time due to the Russian job.



He will stay with UMMC for this season. Not commented about further on.


I seriously doubt he’ll stay the whole season, as last year the Euroleague Championship ended on 4/25/18 and the Russian Championship ended on 5/2/18.

He’s hired as both a GM and the head coach. He’s got a lot of work to do and free agent negotiations begin in January. If it were me, I’d bail on UMMC mid-season if not sooner (like now).



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8806



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
I looked up the NPF on wikipedia and found that they have the following teams:

"NPF currently features six teams: the Aussie Spirit, Beijing Shougang Eagles, Canadian Wild of Southern Illinois, Chicago Bandits, Cleveland Comets, and USSSA Pride."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Pro_Fastpitch

Apparently the Aussie and Chinese team are mainly comprised of players for those countries who are playing the US to gain experience for international competitions and are supported by the home countries.

This might be a model the WNBA should examine - get foreign teams to compete in the WNBA to develop their players. There are several Aussie players already competing in the WNBA, and other international players have come over as well.


Please don't use the NPF as a model the WNBA should follow. The league is only surviving thanks to the Australia, Chinese & Canadian Softball federations putting teams up. The Cleveland team is a travel team. I don't want the WNBA to have two main teams, plus a bunch of travel teams & foreign teams without a home base.


I see your point, but it wasn't to make the WNBA as weak as the NPF, but just to add a few teams that might draw some additional fans. China wouldn't be good enough to actually compete with WNBA teams in the regular season. I think only Australia and a few others might be good enough. The Mercury are seem to already have a Aussie connection - what would be wrong with getting all the good Aussie players on one team?


Davis4632



Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 428



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/18 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Quigs and Sloot on their marriage. I assume that Sloot will be cored.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2275



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes BIG congrats and happy future.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8806



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for them!


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7208



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/22/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Earlier in this thread, I made a comment about Parker improving her condition and foot speed. Judging by her later Instagram post, It looks as though Parker's done exactly that.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18015



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/19 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky hire Bridget Pettis as new assistant coach.

https://sky.wnba.com/news/sky-hire-bridget-pettis-assistant-coach/



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8806



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sky hire Bridget Pettis as new assistant coach.

https://sky.wnba.com/news/sky-hire-bridget-pettis-assistant-coach/


Guess that was a short retirement.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57894
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/WNBAinsidr/status/1088510504564346880

Quote:
Now hearing that Chicago Sky could be the 3rd team involved in possible 3 team trade for Liz Cambage.



_________________
Marlene watches from the wall
Her mocking smile says it all
As she records the rise and fall
Of every soldier passing
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49881



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where’s Spooner? Sparks-Dallas-Chicago. Go!

DeShields + Coates + #4 to Dallas
Parker to Chicago (she’s a Chicago native)
Cambage + #5 to Sparks



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4838



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Where’s Spooner? Sparks-Dallas-Chicago. Go!

DeShields + Coates + #4 to Dallas
Parker to Chicago (she’s a Chicago native)
Cambage + #5 to Sparks



That is not bad

If Parker is involved that would really switch things up

my gut says Parker would want to stay in LA

Where does Candace and her daughter live in the off season?


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18015



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three team trade:

Cambage to Los Angeles,
Parker to Chicago,
Sims, Coates & Picks #3 & #7 to Dallas.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20819
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Three team trade:

Cambage to Los Angeles,
Parker to Chicago,
Sims, Coates & Picks #3 & #7 to Dallas.

Gotta love those pu pu platter for the star player trades.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18015



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Three team trade:

Cambage to Los Angeles,
Parker to Chicago,
Sims, Coates & Picks #3 & #7 to Dallas.

Gotta love those pu pu platter for the star player trades.


Whatever deal is done has to involve a PG for Dallas.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7780
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Where’s Spooner? Sparks-Dallas-Chicago. Go!

DeShields + Coates + #4 to Dallas
Parker to Chicago (she’s a Chicago native)
Cambage + #5 to Sparks


Im actually all aboard for this trade honestly.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7780
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Three team trade:

Cambage to Los Angeles,
Parker to Chicago,
Sims, Coates & Picks #3 & #7 to Dallas.

Gotta love those pu pu platter for the star player trades.


Whatever deal is done has to involve a PG for Dallas.


It wont be Sims so you can forget that idea.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20819
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/19 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Three team trade:

Cambage to Los Angeles,
Parker to Chicago,
Sims, Coates & Picks #3 & #7 to Dallas.

Gotta love those pu pu platter for the star player trades.


Whatever deal is done has to involve a PG for Dallas.

You keep saying that. I completely disagree. Their star player is a primary ballhandler. Just because she's going to be out for a season, if that, you don't make long-term decisions based on filling that temporary hole. If the best deal available happens to include a point guard, who you're confident can also play alongside Diggins-Smith once she's back, then fine. If it doesn't, sign a Colson/Kiesel/Allen/Chong/Romero/whothefuckever off the street to fill the hole for a while. Without Diggins-Smith or Cambage it's not like this team is looking for the final piece to make a title run.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin