RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Exceptions to the one-year sit-out rule for transfers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/01/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
So in your mind, Shepard should have been treated unequally and been denied a waiver regardless of the merits . . . .

You have an interesting bunker mentality way of interpreting posts sometimes. I didn't say Shepard was treated unequally or should have been denied. The entire thrust of this thread is that she likely had a knowledgeable team that successfully presented a case that she fit within one of the many exceptions or waiver provisions for the residency year. In response to CB, I was suggesting that maybe her petition was filed late and that's why it was acted upon late.

Yes, Shepard is picked on more than other waived transferees because she became a big winner. Big winners almost always get picked on and sour-graped: Goliath, Moby Dick, Wilt Chamberlain, Pat Summitt, Geno Auriemma, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, God. And picking on Shepard is made even easier because the waiver process is secret, unpublished, unexplained and seemingly arbitrary and capricious, even if it really isn't under the covers.

Hint: Giving rings to the subcommittee members was just rhetoric to spice up a tediously legalistic topic.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/01/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There's no good reason for student-athletes to be forced to sit out when transferring.

True. It's collusion amongst the slave masters. They want the slaves to know that they are always in control.

PostPosted: 11/02/18 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Yes, Shepard is picked on more than other waived transferees because she became a big winner. Big winners almost always get picked on and sour-graped.

You must be speaking for yourself, because I was quite upset when the approval was first announced. Make the effort to exclude me from your ill-advised generalizations.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/02/18 3:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Yes, Shepard is picked on more than other waived transferees because she became a big winner. Big winners almost always get picked on and sour-graped.

You must be speaking for yourself, because I was quite upset when the approval was first announced. Make the effort to exclude me from your ill-advised generalizations.

Why? I don't recall ever including you in any of my ill-advised or well-advised generalizations on any subject whatsoever in my 13 years on this forum.

But I agree that several fans from different schools expressed wonder, confusion or resentment when Shepard's waiver was first announced right before the season. I didn't mean to exclude that; it's just that my focus was agreeing with Art that the sour grapes among some posters got even worse after Notre Dame won the national championship and their teams didn't.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/02/18 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Shades wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Why? I don't recall ever including you in any of my ill-advised or well-advised generalizations on any subject whatsoever in my 13 years on this forum.

But I agree that several fans from different schools expressed wonder, confusion or resentment when Shepard's waiver was first announced right before the season. I didn't mean to exclude that; it's just that my focus was agreeing with Art that the sour grapes among some posters got even worse after Notre Dame won the national championship and their teams didn't.

+1

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/14/18 2:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is a blog that lists the transfer waivers for this year.

https://wbbblog.com/2018/11/13/transfer-waivers-granted-in-d-i-womens-basketball-for-2018-19-season/

By their count, there were 20 this year (about 14%). That's quite a few mid-western Catholic schools... Wink

tfan

PostPosted: 11/14/18 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The entire thrust of this thread is that she likely had a knowledgeable team that successfully presented a case that she fit within one of the many exceptions or waiver provisions for the residency year. .

Doesn't look like "many" when the question is asked "which would have applied to Jessica Shepard or anyone else?" Looks a lot closer to none.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/14/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe folks just got fed up with all the ND whinging which was quite frankly out of whack. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: