RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ND comments from ACC media day
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/01/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
So there are people here (including CBiebel and Fighting Artichoke) who actually believe that ucbart believes ND is far more "loaded" than UConn (with all its #1 ranked recruits) and that UConn can't possibly come within 20 pts of ND when they play in a month? Because that's what his post encompasses.

Really?

And I thought this was November 1, not April 1.

Okay, for a Devil's advocate view:

The key part is not just talent, but experience of that talent. ND will be starting 4 seniors and a junior. Four of the starters won a NC and the fifth was an All American before her injury. By comparison, UConn will most likely be relying on a freshman in the post.

Quite a bit of UConn's top talent that people point to are freshmen and sophomores or players coming off of injury.

Will the less experienced UConn players be able to work into serious playing time in the UConn system by Dec 2?

In 2001 ND beat a defending NC healthy UConn team by 16 at home. They later beat them by 15 in the Final Four. In 2004 ND beat a UConn team at home by 15.

This year's ND team is more experienced and talented than either of those two teams.

So is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? I'm not quite ready to say that.

While the emphasis has been on ND-UConn, my main issue with his statement was the suggestion that they could do it in every game, and I don't think that you can expect that type of consistency (some teams could come out hot. ND could have a bad night while still winning, etc.).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: