RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Time to fire up this thread. Now on TV - Texas vs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/28/18 2:18 pm    ::: Time to fire up this thread. Now on TV - Texas vs Reply Reply with quote

WEST TEXAS A&M (Exhibition).

Longhorns Network 2pm Sunday Oct 28 ( replayed numerous times this week on Longhorn Networtk)

First game that I've noticed on TV this season.

Mid-third quarter, Texas leads 52-31. Certainly not the blowout one might expect in an exhibition. Obviously Brenda Frese would never schedule West Texas A&M for an exhibition.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/28/18 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok I can move Texas down my pre-season rankings.

They look like a typical Aston uber-talented undisciplined mess.

Collier looks like the real deal BTW.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 10/28/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for starting this thread Art, I wonder if there are any sites that have a full list of preseason games for NCAAWB?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/28/18 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just did a search for women's college basketball on Directv and found the Texas game (half over, but I'm recording a replay tomorrow so I can see the starting lineup).

It's not perfect, but it typically turns up a lot of games I would never think of.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/29/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN shows Shawnee State vs. Morehead State, and Nova Southeastern vs. Miami are on tonight.

To digress, as I understand it, ESPN+ is ESPN's new stand-alone streaming service. You pay a subscription to watch it, but you don't have to have cable or a sat dish to be eligible to get it. Does it carry the same lineup of games and sports as ESPN3 on WatchESPN? And with streaming services, like Sling or PSVue, apparently now providing access to WatchESPN, what is the advantage of ESPN+ ? Does it add more games?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/30/18 2:05 am    ::: Exhibition Results 10/29/18 Reply Reply with quote

Missouri over Western Missouri 70-48

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/sports/mizzou_womens_basketball/three-takeaways-from-missouri-s-exhibition-victory-over-missouri-western/article_461cbb38-dbcf-11e8-a917-53577188ddc5.html

Colorado 93, Southern Nazarene 43

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/10/29/womens-basketball-buffs-roll-in-exhibition-play.aspx

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/30/18 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Division II Minnesota Duluth downs NDSU.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/30/18 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Marin Walseth HAS to be on the hot seat after this one.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/31/18 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Replacing Walseth should have happened last season. This is Matt Larsens 4th year at NDSU as the AD and he has had plenty of opportunity during that time to see this program is going nowhere.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/31/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Replacing Walseth should have happened last season. This is Matt Larsens 4th year at NDSU as the AD and he has had plenty of opportunity during that time to see this program is going nowhere.

NDSU is, as I understand it, ranked #1 in the FCS football rankings. He's probably distracted. Mad

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/31/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

NDSU is, as I understand it, ranked #1 in the FCS football rankings. He's probably distracted. Mad

NDSU has been FCS national champion for 6 of the past 7 years, well before he got here, Leave well enough alone there, and focus on the other areas of athletics that need assistance.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/31/18 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

NDSU has been FCS national champion for 6 of the past 7 years, well before he got here, Leave well enough alone there, and focus on the other areas of athletics that need assistance.

Oh, I understand, but as long as football keeps rolling, there's probably no job pressure on him to fix WBB. He's probably totally secure, right?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/31/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Oh, I understand, but as long as football keeps rolling, there's probably no job pressure on him to fix WBB. He's probably totally secure, right?

Very true in that respect. He won't be judged on how WBB fares.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/31/18 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So then you have to hope that he simply cares enough about WBB to fix it without being pushed. It seems you've already answered that.

NoDakSt wrote:
This is Matt Larsens 4th year at NDSU as the AD and he has had plenty of opportunity during that time to see this program is going nowhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: